Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Ebay paint and ship bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay paint and ship bumpers?

I want to find out the truth about these ebay sellers who sell you a new bumper (i assume many other body parts too) and paint it using you car's color code and ship them for around $200. I looked at the feedback for a few of these and they were mostly positive but i saw at least one that said they were cheap chinese junk. I guess at that price thats no surprise, tho most said the paint jobs were very good. Whats the truth on these? Are the bumpers really crap and is the paint as well or are there any good ones out there? My parked 04 accord coupe was hit and luckily the guy was honest and left a note. But he said he'd pay out of pocket if it wasn't too much, but the estimate to fix a small divot and repaint it was almost a grand at the only shop i know of that is honest and does great work. So at that price he's going to want to use insurance which to me means I will pay for it in the long run when my premium goes up, and it WILL even tho i wasn't even in the car at the time. So im willing to do the install myself if i can find a bumper but there are none locally i can find so far, therefore i naturally was intrigued by these ebay sellers. I need to get this done cheap or it will be ME that pays the price for his mistake, and i'm out of work and in a very precarious financial state right now. Life is so wonderful...
Old 06-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Ebay paint and ship bumpers?

Every vendor is different so here is my only experience. I got a JDM spoiler for my Accord many years ago. The It was 98% perfect. I wanted to match my OEM paint. The description said "professionally" painted.

So I got it. It was far from professionally painted. I'm not talking about the color or the tint. But it was just horrible, like if fell on the ground and they repainted it, without sanding off the damage. Anyhow, I believe I paid $50 extra. Consider an OEM rattle can was like $30 IIRC or was that paint + clear. $50 on a $100 spoiler is like 50% more. So that was a lot.

Anyhow, my DIY could have been much better. And I'm far from being an Expert.

I consider this experience to be unique, and just my luck. I would DIY on a spoiler (if I had to do it again).
Old 06-25-2017, 08:17 PM
Shit Posts: 15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebay paint and ship bumpers?

As golodrew said, it depends on the vendor and the reviews.
A bumper for $200 painted and shipped is a steal. I would look at the Sellers feedback and verify they offer returns or warranties before purchasing one.

It also depends on what brand bumpers they are using. Most are just stamped into the mold and sold, other parts go through inspections, but those tend to cost more.