Notices
Other Make Vehicles Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, BMW, Audi, etc.

Car overheats with the heater on.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car overheats with the heater on.

FT86-fan , did you figure out the issue with your MR2 ?
I have the same exact issue with my 2006 BMW 325i and any feedback you have on your problem will help. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: car overheating with heater on... help!!!

Originally Posted by berziin
FT86-fan , did you figure out the issue with your MR2 ?
I have the same exact issue with my 2006 BMW 325i and any feedback you have on your problem will help. Thanks.
no, not really. i`m still driving the car though every other day. for street use its working ok, i bit of drifting through the city doesnt make it any bad, but if i go racing, tarmac or ice, after a few laps it gets bad - engine struggles at full boost and sometimes just dies as soon as i tap the throttle. it might be head problem. i still get lots of air in coolant and seems there is a bit of oil also (or the coolant system is very dirty). i have a metal headgasket, so it just doesnt blow, it will leak small amounts and head would go first. i have a bad suspicion there are cracks in the head and when i run the engine very hot, those cracks get bigger and leak compression into coolant.
its all just some theory, i will not know for sure until i pull the head, but considering its snow outside and i dont have a garage, i wont pull it till summer :D
btw when racing around the frozen lake, i tried to set the heater to cold, i would still get misfire and engine bog, so i cant say its a heater problem..