Notices
Other Make Vehicles Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, BMW, Audi, etc.

Worst Dealership Experience -2015 Ford Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Dealership Experience -2015 Ford Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage!

I wanted to share my experience to help everyone (my advice: be careful when leaving your car at a dealership. A dash-cam is well worth the money!)

Summary: My brand new 2015 Mustang GT developed paint damage and serious transmission problems while in a Ford dealerships care. I am still trying to get it fixed (over 6 weeks later).

My video appeal to Ford with details:

More Details:
I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 ($37k, with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (link in Youtube video below).
So I took it to a local Ford dealership Bozard Ford after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the dealership service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below. The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair.

So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my new Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right at all (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care. (it is worth noting, they averaged 12.6MPG during the 16 miles they put on it)
Other people have driven it and confirmed my concern.
Terrible Paint Repair:

Update 2/4: Transmission now has serious problems at 244 miles on odometer! While with the Ford dealership for warranty paint repair and door/fender alignment, the manual transmission shift quality became VERY poor in 4th gear. So at 244 miles on the odometer it's now got manual transmission and paint problems!

Update 2/18: After talking to the dealership service manager, GM, and Ford I have still not been offered a brand new transmission for the car.

Update 3/9: Test drove a brand new 2015 Mustang GT Manual at Autonation Ford Jacksonville where I confirmed that a new Mustang GT manual does NOT exhibit the same shift problem. Asked that dealership change transmission fluid.

Update 3/12: No resolution reached despite dozens of phone calls to Ford and dealerships. Still have serious transmission problems with 4th gear.

Update 3/14: For additional confirmation, took it to an independent transmission repair shop 3/14 with 996 miles on it where the mechanic felt a transmission problem exists.

Update 3/19: Unable to get transmission fixed at all (neither rebuild or new) up to this point.

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros. Though, a Ford dealership still has NOT given me anything in writing that lists a problem they could find with transmission.

Update 4/3: Serious transmission and also lingering paint problems (but I still have five other gears, right). And time to get exact numbers on oil consumption.

Update 4/4: 2 months, still working on getting transmission/car fixed and resolved. I want to thank everyone who has supported me by responding to my thread and viewing my Youtube videos! The more responses and views I get, the more support I have. I have received a lot of great advice from all of you, my fellow car enthusiasts. Sharing my experience is about helping others avoid what has happened to me. Please wish me luck, your support is always much appreciated.

Update 4/13: I am deciding if I should bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again (or move to plan B). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so one would think a Ford dealership will eventually fix it (or maybe they never will). I will post updates to help everyone. Thanks for all your responses and support guys!

Update 4/19: Plan B.

**My terrible experience is now on websites and forums. I will try to include latest updates on my video appeal to Ford**

Note: I had requested transmission fluid be changed to check for metal deposits etc, but could not get authorization/approval.

Last edited by 15mustang; 04-19-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Worst Dealership Experience -2015 Ford Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage!

Damned domestic cars...
Old 03-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Worst Dealership Experience -2015 Ford Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage!

This is why I will never purchase a domestic car, from similar runarounds for poor engineering to dealer issues, it is just not worth my time. I worked for 2 different dealers in the late 70's who did everything within their power (to include a total repaint of a customer special ordered car to replacement of an engine for free) to ensure customer satisfaction. I see the car business, with the constant turnover of ownership, as a gigantic money grab and screw the consumer at every opportunity. I might suggest contacting the regional management team and if that brings no satisfaction, consider litigation. Ford has a customer relations team, which gave no satisfaction to me, try contacting them. The phone numbers should be found in the owners manual for the car. If you have not had your issue resolved then get a good lawyer, have really good documentation with all of your timelines. Good Luck
Regards
Dave
Old 03-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seriously, if you go into the dealership with that same tone of voice your using in the videos then of course they wont fix anything. you have put some bass in your voice and demand for your stuff to be fixed immediately. you have to intimidate those people, showing up to places with your nice guy attitude wont get you anything fixed, be a man and be ready to ko anybody at the dealership... no offense
Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerEX-R
Damned domestic cars...
Or maybe danged domestic dealers
Old 03-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by smilindave
This is why I will never purchase a domestic car, from similar runarounds for poor engineering to dealer issues, it is just not worth my time. I worked for 2 different dealers in the late 70's who did everything within their power (to include a total repaint of a customer special ordered car to replacement of an engine for free) to ensure customer satisfaction. I see the car business, with the constant turnover of ownership, as a gigantic money grab and screw the consumer at every opportunity. I might suggest contacting the regional management team and if that brings no satisfaction, consider litigation. Ford has a customer relations team, which gave no satisfaction to me, try contacting them. The phone numbers should be found in the owners manual for the car. If you have not had your issue resolved then get a good lawyer, have really good documentation with all of your timelines. Good Luck
Regards
Dave
Thanks for wishing me luck! I did contact the Ford customer relations team, don't honestly know if it helped me. At this point, I am not too happy with the level of customer service or satisfaction provided by dealerships. Ford still has a chance to make things right , I guess we will see...
Old 03-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rallyeredem2
seriously, if you go into the dealership with that same tone of voice your using in the videos then of course they wont fix anything. you have put some bass in your voice and demand for your stuff to be fixed immediately. you have to intimidate those people, showing up to places with your nice guy attitude wont get you anything fixed, be a man and be ready to ko anybody at the dealership... no offense
I think I need someone else to help handle this for me at this point (guess I'm failing). Hopefully by sharing my terrible experience other owners will learn from my experience and consider a dash-cam.

I was told by a Ford manger that my case is 'closed', which doesn't help matters...
Old 03-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Take it to the next closest dealership and just tell the service writer, "it shifts funny in fourth." They should warranty it no problem.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bgdriver
Take it to the next closest dealership and just tell the service writer, "it shifts funny in fourth." They should warranty it no problem.
Wish me luck!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wood be pissed if I paid that much for a brand new car and then got hung out to dry.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a lawyer. End of story.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thrty8street
Get a lawyer. End of story.
Sadly it keeps moving in that direction.

Update 4/13: I am deciding if I should bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again (or move to plan B). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so one would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge the transmission problem too in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I will post updates to help everyone. Thanks for all your responses and support guys!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Scott.
wood be pissed if I paid that much for a brand new car and then got hung out to dry.
I agree, I am not happy either
Old 04-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Scott.
Seems like that is what is happening! Be happy you have a Honda?
Old 04-20-2015, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 15mustang
Seems like that is what is happening! Be happy you have a Honda?
As much as I hate the stigma of driving around an 8th gen Si with a roof rack (yes I ride) at least its all stock LOL, and Honda was kind enough to warranty the paint for me, even though I'm not the original owner and had over 90k miles
Old 04-21-2015, 02:40 PM
GDD's Resident Derp

Going to watch your video now.

How about a Jacksonville dealer?..
Old 04-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The misalignment of the front fender could be caused by improper lift procedures. The front frame rails should be used, not the 'pinch welds'. Ive seen techs lift a 2010 mustang using the front 'pinch welds', at which point the fender bowed outward right at the door gap. Just food for thought, I'm not even sure if the 15s share the same design in this regard, although I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow this really sucks. Check this link out. This guy had warranty issues that dealer claimed resulted from aftermarket parts. He has some good links and steps he took to win. Good luck.
Subaru renders my new car warranty "null and void"... | Hawaii's #1 Forums
Old 04-22-2015, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Step 1... Find homeless guy
Step 2... Pay said homeless guy to find buddies to hang out at dealer
Step 3... Enjoy revenge...
Old 04-30-2015, 05:12 AM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks man! I'm right next door in Jax, hope you get everything worked out. :-/
Old 05-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update 5/4: I am thankful for the support everyone has given me!, as I take further steps to get my transmission fixed. I will update the thread with more detailed information and hopefully a final resolution soon.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AMG
That sucks man! I'm right next door in Jax, hope you get everything worked out. :-/
Thanks! Jax is nice , bought my car from Autonation Jacksonville Ford.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerEX-R
Step 1... Find homeless guy
Step 2... Pay said homeless guy to find buddies to hang out at dealer
Step 3... Enjoy revenge...
I might just park the car next to the dealership with a sign on it...
Old 05-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by underrated
Wow this really sucks. Check this link out. This guy had warranty issues that dealer claimed resulted from aftermarket parts. He has some good links and steps he took to win. Good luck.
Subaru renders my new car warranty "null and void"... | Hawaii's #1 Forums
Thanks!
Old 05-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Call the corp office and bitch like no other. I had an issue with a vw in 2007 . did a lemon law and got the new part and almost 6 grand for my troubles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Worst Dealership Experience -2015 Ford Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage!