Notices
Other Make Vehicles Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, BMW, Audi, etc.

Chris Rado's Scion TC = Most Rediculous Spoiler Setup = Ugliest Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chris Rado's Scion TC = Most Rediculous Spoiler Setup = Ugliest Race Car

the entire "spoilers are gay" mentality that spawned in early years of imports is just retarded. The trend has come so far that we now have idiots complaining of functional spoilers on race cars!!

I don't care what kind of spoiler it is, if it provides a performance benefit of any sort, then it's ok in my book. My opinion has not changed since I got into imports 10 years ago. Too many lemmings out there.

Thread title should have stated, "cool and innovative spoiler design on racecar"
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chris Rado's Scion TC = Most Rediculous Spoiler Setup = Ugliest Race Car

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...t-spoiler.html

Proof is in the numbers. Record. FWD. Nuff said. This car is BAD-***.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They just broke another record at Nashville this past weekend too. Dominated nearly all classes. Came in second overall with just the (I believe) AMS Evo 2 second in front. They were going faster and faster with each lap.
Kudos to Chris and his team. This car is amazing!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The Destroyer
As ugly as it is, he was first in his class, and 5th overall.
True.
He's fast no matter what kind of racing he is doing.
I admire him for stepping out of the box.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lamborghini Countach had an optional front spoiler
Old 08-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Only pic I was able to get of it at IA.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i was hoping it was photoshopped. i was wrong... woould look cool with out the front though
Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is that thing for real?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KAS_Foreigner
is that thing for real?
Give reading a try sometime...it works wonders.

It's an inlimited class. I don't care what it looks like...if it's functional then it's worth it. I remember people went nuts with disbelief when SSWorks CRX lapped Tsukuba in 59seconds. People gave it hell because of the front wing and milti rear wing. But it got the job done.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap wtf was somone smoking when they did that?! i mean i know scions are equally as round in the front as the rear but come on! someone over did it on down force haha talk about rice :D
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it is a race car, it is meant to go fast and perform, looking good isnt its first objective. They were having alot of problems with front grip, it was either go with the crazy big front wing to test and see if alot of front downforce would help solve their problem and still be fast, or dump tons of money into research, testing, building more custom parts over and over, all in hopes it would make a difference. Now that they know it helps that much, maybe this winter they will put some time into finding another sleaker method to achieve the downforce needed. Either way, it is fast, it works, and they are breaking records with it, and makes for high chair to watch the races from!!!

and the lamborghini countach, they have been known for a long time to create alot of frontal lift at high speeds, that is the main reason for the current front hydraulic adjustable suspension, to lower the front end at high speeds to reduce lift, and to help clear speed bumps!! lol
Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by socaleg
holy crap wtf was somone smoking when they did that?! i mean i know scions are equally as round in the front as the rear but come on! someone over did it on down force haha talk about rice :D
I hope you die in your sleep
Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, knowing Chris Rado, hes probably getting a real kick out of everyones negative reactions.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, i mentioned this thread to him this past weekend. He thought it was kinda funny people thought enough about it top make it a thread, but like I said, he said it works and it works good, isnt meant to be pretty!!! lol
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Charlie Moua
oh nooo...... I can see ebay popping up with some of these front spoiler kits pretty soon.

Don't get me wrong, it if works it works. I'm all for that. I just don't want to see become a fad for street cars.
LMFAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wings are too big.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not pretty but some of you guys obviously dont understand the physics behind what a spoiler is supposed to do.

For a FWD, you want create as much downforce as you can get on the front and at the same time maintain your lines.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks ridiculous, but it's functional, so props to world electronics
Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, like i said, it wasnt done to be pretty, was done for function, and it works
Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tc's suck anyway
Old 08-13-2009, 02:51 PM

works...but ugly.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL @ some of you saying how stupid it is, he knocked off SECONDS with this on..
Old 08-17-2009, 11:55 AM

Here are a couple pictures I got from the Redline Time Attack at Carolina Motorsports Park

Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 AM
New User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22zCuPTRk64

Quick Reply: Chris Rado's Scion TC = Most Rediculous Spoiler Setup = Ugliest Race Car