Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

New HR-V - squealing brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 New HR-V - squealing brakes

Hi! I've bought a new Honda HR-V almost 6 months ago. The car is amazing, it's my first Honda and I'm absolutely in love with it. However, there's a small issue that's been bothering me - squealing brakes. I've returned the car last week to the dealer because they said that they want to check the brakes. They did, said that there was "some issue" and replaced them with new ones (brake pads, afaik). Well, one week later, they're squealing again - but only when breaking (slightly) at a slow speed (like before). Since I assume that going to the dealer again won't bear any fruits, I'm first asking here - is there anything in particular that I could to? I've read somewhere that breaks needs to "beak in" and that I should drive on empty road and brake a few times, etc. - is that true? Hopefully it's not normal for a new Honda to squeal? I've never had this issue before. Nevertheless, I'm really happy with my car, even with this minor issue, so it's not such a big deal, but any advice would be welcome, of course. Thank you!