Acura MDX / RDX

HRV automatic d blink flash problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HRV automatic d blink flash problem

Hi guys

I have a honda HRV 2005 located in Egypt. Recently my d started flashing and the car automatic shift is tempermental and annoying. Also noticed that SRS led came on recently ( I reset the SRS using the MES technique and it is fine now).

back to the problem of the transmission, I used an OBD cable and a laptop. the code is p1890 which translates to transaxle problems/shift control mechanism problem.

when standing still the car won't move. when i press the throttle until about 2K RPM then it starts moving going from stand still to moving with a burnout not smooth moving off! It is very sluggish in this and I hear like there is something knocking in the gearbox if I press the brakes while (standing still and in gear).

once it moves, it won't shift into second or it will shift when it likes to do so. then light will come on blinking or it will shift into third and then light will come on.

I have taken the complete gearbox out for inspection. it looks fine (with the aid of a mechanic). I also checked the shift control next to the gearstick. In addition to the fuses. I want to know if anyone has come across something similar and how was it solved?

also, most people talk that p1890 check the solinoids. how do I do that? how do I know that the solinoids are working fine? and what is the control valve mechanism? a picture will be very vailuable.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Re: HRV automatic d blink flash problem

Originally Posted by jfzaki
Hi guys

I have a honda HRV 2005 located in Egypt. Recently my d started flashing and the car automatic shift is tempermental and annoying. Also noticed that SRS led came on recently ( I reset the SRS using the MES technique and it is fine now).

back to the problem of the transmission, I used an OBD cable and a laptop. the code is p1890 which translates to transaxle problems/shift control mechanism problem.

when standing still the car won't move. when i press the throttle until about 2K RPM then it starts moving going from stand still to moving with a burnout not smooth moving off! It is very sluggish in this and I hear like there is something knocking in the gearbox if I press the brakes while (standing still and in gear).

once it moves, it won't shift into second or it will shift when it likes to do so. then light will come on blinking or it will shift into third and then light will come on.

I have taken the complete gearbox out for inspection. it looks fine (with the aid of a mechanic). I also checked the shift control next to the gearstick. In addition to the fuses. I want to know if anyone has come across something similar and how was it solved?

also, most people talk that p1890 check the solinoids. how do I do that? how do I know that the solinoids are working fine? and what is the control valve mechanism? a picture will be very vailuable.

HI, I see that "jfzaki" has exactly the same problem (error code P1890) I am having (same car Honda HR-V cvt - 2005)... no one answered him... so is there a way to handle it?... I went to see an Honda Technician and I was told to change the Transmission. but hey! that Friking expensive... I don't have that kind of money... so is there a cheaper way? Plus, I don't think changing the transmission will resolve anything... but (after a long search on the net) I think that changing the control valve mechanism or the solenoids might... I changed the transmission fluid... but there was very little improvement...

So any help would be very appreciated.