Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

Anyone know what a 2017 MDX antenna might cost me ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what a 2017 MDX antenna might cost me ?

Just bought a new 2017 Acura MDX two weeks ago and the most annoying thing happened to me. As I was backing my car out of my driveway, I heard a bang. Turns out the garage door had only opened around 90%, so I ended up smashing my antenna. Anyone know how much it might cost to get it fixed?
Old 10-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know what a 2017 MDX antenna might cost me ?

I am assuming you are referring to the short one on the roof towards the back of the vehicle (color matched to the vehicle), they run about $80 new for the part, I am not sure on this model how easy it is to replace, but it may be a simple thing you could do your self after buying a replacement part. I would give you the part number, but depending on the color of your MDX the part number varies.

If you check out hondapartsunlimited.com you can look up the part for your MDX and search around with the part number you get and try to find a good deal or just take that part number and walk into a dealership and order one.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 1999 Civic Si
I am assuming you are referring to the short one on the roof towards the back of the vehicle (color matched to the vehicle), they run about $80 new for the part, I am not sure on this model how easy it is to replace, but it may be a simple thing you could do your self after buying a replacement part. I would give you the part number, but depending on the color of your MDX the part number varies.

If you check out hondapartsunlimited.com you can look up the part for your MDX and search around with the part number you get and try to find a good deal or just take that part number and walk into a dealership and order one.
Yea, exactly. I am kinda scared to do it myself as I am not the handiest guy ever. 80 sounds pretty cheap, so I guess it would be around $150 including labor probably?
Old 10-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rackcity
Yea, exactly. I am kinda scared to do it myself as I am not the handiest guy ever. 80 sounds pretty cheap, so I guess it would be around $150 including labor probably?
I honestly can't say for sure on the cost with labor, since that varies depending on who is doing the work and where you are in the world. I know a lot of the those small antennas are held on with a bolt or two that is typically accessed by removing or partially removing the headliner or dome light (depends on where it is located on the roof). You could always check out some Acura specific forums and go to the MDX section and post there.

Call your local dealership and see what they charge, that is going to be your best bet if you don't want to replace it yourself.