Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

2012 Odyssey computer going crazy

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Odyssey computer going crazy

I just changed the oil on my "new" 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L. I've been getting the code B14 and a 15% oil life warning along with the maintenance light.

After changing the oil, I looked up instructions online for resetting the oil life and maintenance light. I held the select/reset **** for 10 seconds until the screen flashed. I then held it again for 5-10 seconds, but the screen just stopped flashing and nothing reset. So I tried it again with my foot on the brake. After 10 seconds the screen started flashing. But then when I held the button down the second time all hell broke loose. I started hearing random clicks in the car, multiple new lights appeared on the dash (including ABS and TPMS?). Then the fuel guage dropped to zero.

I turned the key off and removed it. Then tried to start the car, but now I get no response. Lights come on for a second, but then shut off. And I still hear lots of clicking throughout the car. ANY IDEAS??? I'm supposed to drive my family 800 miles to see Grandma and Grandpa in 2 days!
Old 03-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Trial User

Default Re: 2012 Odyssey computer going crazy

Originally Posted by utesfanatic
I just changed the oil on my "new" 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L. I've been getting the code B14 and a 15% oil life warning along with the maintenance light.

After changing the oil, I looked up instructions online for resetting the oil life and maintenance light. I held the select/reset **** for 10 seconds until the screen flashed. I then held it again for 5-10 seconds, but the screen just stopped flashing and nothing reset. So I tried it again with my foot on the brake. After 10 seconds the screen started flashing. But then when I held the button down the second time all hell broke loose. I started hearing random clicks in the car, multiple new lights appeared on the dash (including ABS and TPMS?). Then the fuel guage dropped to zero.

I turned the key off and removed it. Then tried to start the car, but now I get no response. Lights come on for a second, but then shut off. And I still hear lots of clicking throughout the car. ANY IDEAS??? I'm supposed to drive my family 800 miles to see Grandma and Grandpa in 2 days!
Same thing is happening to mine, did you ever figure it out ?
Old 04-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2012 Odyssey computer going crazy

Originally Posted by vmvilla
Same thing is happening to mine, did you ever figure it out ?
I was able to get the car up and running by jumping it, but the ABS and traction control lights did not go off and the automatic sliding doors stopped working. I replaced the battery and got it to Grandma and Grandpas. A dealership there told me that I had triggered some sort of anti-theft system and I had to take it in to have it reset. They fixed it right up and fortunately didn't charge me (I wouldn't count on that, though).