Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Northwest (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northwest-85/)
-   -   Weekly Meets Portland Oregon (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northwest-85/weekly-meets-portland-oregon-3119023/)

likwidchz 01-21-2013 10:21 AM

Weekly Meets Portland Oregon

Hey everyone,

This has been going on a while but I thought I would throw out the word on Honda-Tech.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/reddoorsmeet/

This is every sunday rain or shine at 6:30PM under the bridge on Belmont close by Omsi.

We have had around 50-60 cars the last couple of turnouts. I know its cold but its a fun meetup.

--Aaron

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1852264&type=1

jwicecold 01-28-2013 02:29 PM

Re: Weekly Meets Portland Oregon

Ive been a few times!! Always ppl there for sure! Of course on the sunny days there is way way more ppl but every time Ive seen at least a few bad ass cars though!!

ahhwhat? 02-08-2013 07:10 AM

Going to check this out this weekend, my bish
Wants to get out.

Arsenal 02-09-2013 02:27 PM

God damnit I just sold my Miata turbo and was constantly looking for meets (live in downtown)

ahhwhat? 02-09-2013 04:13 PM

Lol Miata. :p

gutted-dx 02-12-2013 09:05 AM

Finally something local...

likwidchz 02-14-2013 07:21 PM

Yeah its a nice spot, just no burnouts and don't rev your shit.

gutted-dx 02-17-2013 08:56 AM

Annyone meeting up before going downtown?

gutted-dx 02-18-2013 08:30 AM

Nice turnout! I left early, what time did everyone leave?

jwicecold 02-18-2013 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by gutted-dx (Post 48472450)
Nice turnout! I left early, what time did everyone leave?

How many ppl/cars you think ended up showin??? Most cars Ive seen down there was probably 30ish!!

gutted-dx 02-19-2013 08:44 AM

Not really sure to be honest.

likwidchz 02-20-2013 08:40 AM

Last couple meets there have been around 50-70.

Its only going to be better and better with the days getting longer and the weather getting warmer.

--Aaron

DA808CHOPSHOP 03-02-2013 01:03 PM

Been in the Import Scene since 99' and Portland has never had weekly meets like this for car enthusiasts. If you live in OR or Van WA and love whips of any kind, I would HIGHLY recommend attending these meets. Right now it’s at an average of 60+ cars, I have a feeling it’s going to grow every week until the cops shut it down for good.

DA808CHOPSHOP 03-25-2013 11:58 PM

Holy crap, we had over 100+ cars this past Sunday! I just wanted to post the rules of the meet so that you do not embarrass the rest of us Integra owners and get us kicked out from such a great spot.

First, the police know we hang out there, they are cool with us there, and will not shut down the event unless the following rules are not broken. We also have permission from the surrounding businesses to be there.

RULES:

1. No burnouts or excessive revving of your engine. We have seen idiot’s burnout while leaving, and crashing their car into a loading dock, breaking a gas line. You do not want to be one of these idiots. This is a family event, so there are people’s children and pets walking around.
2. No racing period. Keep it on the track.
3. No littering. Respect our meet area and pick up after yourselves.
4. No disrespecting. To each their own. We are all car enthusiasts trying to have a good time. Respect others.
5. If you decide to invite your friends, it is your duty to make sure they read these rules.
6. Lastly, hang out and have a good time. Turn your sounds up and enjoy yourself.

jwicecold 03-29-2013 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by likwidchz (Post 48481678)
Last couple meets there have been around 50-70.

Its only going to be better and better with the days getting longer and the weather getting warmer.

--Aaron

I agree with that!! We should see if we can have a good size meet in the clackams Target parking lot again this summer!! Last summer there was few hundred ppl who came and gone while the meet was happenin!!

dinged 03-30-2013 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by jwicecold (Post 48621285)
I agree with that!! We should see if we can have a good size meet in the clackams Target parking lot again this summer!! Last summer there was few hundred ppl who came and gone while the meet was happenin!!

Gotta be careful man, due to the guys who were pulling out of the parking lot fast and pulling stupid stunts, the managers of the strip mall don't really want us there anymore, I've talked to a few deputies and they get constant calls about it. The first few meets were cool but people kept trying to peel out and do stupid shit and it got old fast. Maybe they won't remember this year, it'd be nice for all of us to get together again but people keep doing stupid shit.

fatboy1185 06-10-2013 09:57 AM

Any pictures from these meets?

GT35R_EF 06-10-2013 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by fatboy1185 (Post 48860500)
Any pictures from these meets?

There's a shit ton on the facebook page. Been there a few times, kind of an interesting/sketchy crowd as it's grown over the last couple of months. There are literally hundreds of cars that show up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/redd...ocation=stream

Arsenal 06-12-2013 05:29 PM

Yep. Sketchy crowd for sure...

91GEDHATCH 06-23-2013 05:11 PM

Hey i just moved to portland, where exactly is this meet? I would love to still try and make it tonight.

gutted-dx 06-29-2013 10:55 AM

If you going north to Portland on the 5 take exit 300. Take the first left on the exit and you'll run into it, can't miss it. Only been there twice but very nice turnout and a good corwd.

jwicecold 07-03-2013 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by dinged (Post 48627327)
Gotta be careful man, due to the guys who were pulling out of the parking lot fast and pulling stupid stunts, the managers of the strip mall don't really want us there anymore, I've talked to a few deputies and they get constant calls about it. The first few meets were cool but people kept trying to peel out and do stupid shit and it got old fast. Maybe they won't remember this year, it'd be nice for all of us to get together again but people keep doing stupid shit.

Well all we can do is give it a try and meet up there!! We def need to start getting more meets goin on round the Clackamas/SE Portland areas!!

Jessalyn90 04-17-2015 10:10 PM

Are these meets still happening?

ahhwhat? 12-19-2015 03:44 PM