Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

SPR Import Shootout " July 10th 2010 "

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 SPR Import Shootout " July 10th 2010 "

First annual import drag race at Renegade Raceway. As we all know there needs to be more events like BOTI, IFO etc. here in the northwest. This being the first time I put together an event like this there will be alot of things for me learn to make it a better event in the future. This will be heads up racing/grudge style or test and tune. If we get a good turnout I would like to have specific classes and payouts/trophys for the winners next year. I Wish I could have had enough planning time and money to be able to organize it as such. My main focus was just to have another import event take place in our area as we really only had BOTI in Woodburn this year to my knowledge when I first started planning. Big to IFO for getting there event on the schedule also. This will be 2 weeks after the IFO race which I hope is enough time to recoop from breakage, traveling expenses etc. Gates will open at 4pm and as with any sanctioned track all racers must pass standard NHRA tech inspection. There will be food vendors, Dj and working on a bikini contest to have a little mix. There will also be a cash bash at the end for whoever would like to buy in, winner takes all. Hoping for a good turnout. Thanks, and for any additional questions PM, call, or email me. Thanks again

Sosa@Spr
(509) 823-4661
sosaperformance@hotmail.com

Renegade Raceway
1395 North Track Road
Wapato, WA 98951-9441
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SPR Import Shootout " July 10th 2010 "

Originally Posted by Sosa-Performance

First annual import drag race at Renegade Raceway. As we all know there needs to be more events like BOTI, IFO etc. here in the northwest. This being the first time I put together an event like this there will be alot of things for me learn to make it a better event in the future. This will be heads up racing/grudge style or test and tune. If we get a good turnout I would like to have specific classes and payouts/trophys for the winners next year. I Wish I could have had enough planning time and money to be able to organize it as such. My main focus was just to have another import event take place in our area as we really only had BOTI in Woodburn this year to my knowledge when I first started planning. Big to IFO for getting there event on the schedule also. This will be 2 weeks after the IFO race which I hope is enough time to recoop from breakage, traveling expenses etc. Gates will open at 4pm and as with any sanctioned track all racers must pass standard NHRA tech inspection. There will be food vendors, Dj and working on a bikini contest to have a little mix. There will also be a cash bash at the end for whoever would like to buy in, winner takes all. Hoping for a good turnout. Thanks, and for any additional questions PM, call, or email me. Thanks again

Sosa@Spr
(509) 823-4661
sosaperformance@hotmail.com

Renegade Raceway
1395 North Track Road
Wapato, WA 98951-9441
the scene is too die up here, everyone in they mom rather build they're car to look nice and not go fast... but i will be checking this out. we do need more race event here in the nw. the only west coast state with out and import racing event, hella sad just like seattle sports
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for Sosa, let get this up top.

Stefan
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

people are trying to make events but as stated before no one wants to make the drive, or they dont have 15 bucks for entry fee...pssssh whatever. we need to start supportting these events or there will eventually be nothing for us to do here. unfortunately the import scene is dying. it sure is funny that there was such a huge turnout for the honda tech meet that was in a gravel and grass field. yet when import faceoff was here barely anyone showed up. I wonder if they will even return next year the IFO would have been even better if all these people would have showed up. it was in a real parking lot, had food, bathrooms, burnout contest, drag races and more. Yet hardly anyone showed up.

Sorry for the rant. lol I will be there. I can make this. It looks like it will be fun.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll be there, to bad my krx with on be done, i will get spanked on in the turbo sohc!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man wish I could make it, but gotta go take pics at a weeding, but my car will be there...

Sosa, if you need ideas, and how to plan future things let me know, I just moved from AZ and we had something like this going on over there. So if you need help with this project I think I can help.

Regards,

ek-juan
Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rather go to formula d rwd>fwd =]
Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi!

Originally Posted by 95 Integra gsr
the scene is too die up here, everyone in they mom rather build they're car to look nice and not go fast... but i will be checking this out. we do need more race event here in the nw. the only west coast state with out and import racing event, hella sad just like seattle sports

Reading your post just made my IQ drop by 1,000.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I planned on coming, but realized it will be over 90 degrees out and thats to dam hot, the lake is calling me and my jetboat post aftermath of event, like know the turnout

Last edited by kmaz93da; 07-08-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good fun i stayed untill 915 ish just after they started racing again, i hope race next time and not just watch but it was good fun good and great turn out for the frist year, there was some nice and fast cars out to, what was the deal sosa i was looking forward to seeing the k24 eg run. and many you did after i left?