Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > Regional Forums and Meets > Northwest
Reload this Page >

South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

 
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 AM
  #1  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway






On November 29th, 2012 my wife gave birth to our third boy. Our lives were forever changed when we learned he had Downs Syndrome. Thanks to our son we have become so much more aware of something we previously knew nothing about. By putting on this event I am hoping to bring awareness to the community and raise money for the NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society).

We would like to introduce you to the first Annual "South Sound Summer Jam". With the success of our previous events hosted in Olympia, WA (Nissan & Mitsubishi Meet & Show) over the last three years we are ready to take the next step. For 2013 we are hosting the event at South Sound Speedway in Rochester, WA. With the change of venue we are able to introduce you to a much larger facility, along with the addition of a race track. These additions have allowed us to open our car show all makes and models. The addition of a race track has allowed us to create the South Sound's first drift competition. The South Sound Speedstars Invitational will be a friendly team tandem drift competition involving some of the best drivers in the northwest.

AUGUST 18th, 2013
11am-6:30pm


SOUTH SOUND SPEEDSTARS INVITATIONAL
-Team Tandem Drift Competition
-3 Drivers/Cars per team
-FEE: $150.00 per driver
-PRIZE: $1000 to winning team
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

SOLO DRIFT
-Solo Runs
-Only 10 Spots Open
-$60.00 per car
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

CAR SHOW
-Open to all Makes and Models
-Trophies Awarded to Best in Class (peoples choice style voting)
-1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Overall Car Show Winners
-FEE: $15 (admits 1 car + Driver)
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

KIDS ZONE
-Bounce House
-Giant Trikes
-And More

GENERAL ADMISSION
-$8 per person
-Kids 12 and UNDER FREE

CHARITY
-NDSS National Down Syndrome Society
-Show your support even if you cant attend the event. Go to the following link to leave a donation in honor of this event
http://ndssyourway.kintera.org/faf/d...upId=378558050


RAFFLES
100% of the raffle funds will be donated to South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome

WEBSITE: www.southsoundsummerjam.com

SPONSORS & AFFILIATES
NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society)
South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome
Parent2Parent
Bruce Titus Automotive Group
NissanParts.cc
MitsubishiParts.net
Rokform
Chase Bays
94.5 KRXY (Roxy)
Everclean State
StreetSweeperNW
Radium Engineering
Rally Armor
425 Motorsports
Modified Magazine
London Peach
Compass Rose
Sinematiks
Forever Powder Coating
Richie's Garage
Grip Royal
ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems)
Motovicity Distribution
M7 Japan
SPL Suspension
Mackin Industries
TrackAttack
Clean-n-Chrome
Rampage Fabrication & Design
Too Easy Auto Salon
Importmeet.com
Northwestnissans
Fusion Graphix




MANY MORE DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Contact me directly if you are interested in sponsoring the event, questions, etc. EMAIL: [email protected]

For those who are unfamiliar with South Sound Speedway.

TRACK


GRANDSTANDS


GENERAL PARKING & CAR SHOW PARKING


PIT AREA
(concession stand is on the left)



Last edited by RussellM; 06-13-2013 at 11:30 AM.
RussellM is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  #2  
Honda-Tech Member
 
HuiDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Olympia, WA, USA
Posts: 665
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Bump for a great cause! I will be checking this out.
HuiDC2 is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
  #3  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Originally Posted by HuiDC2 View Post
Bump for a great cause! I will be checking this out.
Thanks for the support!
RussellM is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 PM
  #4  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Here is a video from last years event (NMMS 2012) that Sinematiks put together.

RussellM is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 AM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
 
ohiobornDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 44
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

awesome cause....i will def. try to be there
ohiobornDC2 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

For those who are unfamiliar with South Sound Speedway.

TRACK


GRANDSTANDS


GENERAL PARKING & CAR SHOW PARKING


PIT AREA
(concession stand is on the left)
RussellM is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM
  #7  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Originally Posted by RussellM View Post

SOUTH SOUND SPEEDSTARS INVITATIONAL
-Team Tandem Drift Competition
-3 Drivers/Cars per team
-FEE: $150.00 per driver
-PRIZE: $1000 to winning team
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

CAR SHOW
-Open to all Makes and Models
-Trophies Awarded to Best in Class (peoples choice style voting)
-1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Overall Car Show Winners
-FEE: $15 (admits 1 car + Driver)
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

GENERAL ADMISSION
-$8 per person
-Kids 12 and UNDER FREE

CHARITY
-Show your support even if you cant attend the event. Go to the following link to leave a donation in honor of this event
http://ndssyourway.kintera.org/faf/d...upId=378558050


RAFFLES
-To Be Announced
-The earnings from the raffle will go to a local Down Syndrome Organization (to be announced)

www.southsoundsummerjam.com

MANY MORE DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Contact me directly if you are interested in sponsoring the event, questions, etc. EMAIL: [email protected]


Original Post updated, Registration is open and prices are listed.
RussellM is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 AM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
 
project93hatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,006
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

im in to support a good cause.
project93hatch is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
  #9  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Originally Posted by ohiobornDC2 View Post
awesome cause....i will def. try to be there
Originally Posted by project93hatch View Post
im in to support a good cause.
I appreciate the kind words!
RussellM is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 AM
  #10  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

We are working with Modified Magazine again this year to cover the event in an upcoming issue.

MODIFIED MAGAZINE: Nissan & Mitsubishi Meet & Show 2011


MODIFIED MAGAZINE: Nissan & Mitsubishi Meet & Show 2012
RussellM is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 AM
  #11  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

OP Updated
RussellM is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:31 AM
  #12  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

OP UPDATED

Originally Posted by RussellM View Post





On November 29th, 2012 my wife gave birth to our third boy. Our lives were forever changed when we learned he had Downs Syndrome. Thanks to our son we have become so much more aware of something we previously knew nothing about. By putting on this event I am hoping to bring awareness to the community and raise money for the NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society).

We would like to introduce you to the first Annual "South Sound Summer Jam". With the success of our previous events hosted in Olympia, WA (Nissan & Mitsubishi Meet & Show) over the last three years we are ready to take the next step. For 2013 we are hosting the event at South Sound Speedway in Rochester, WA. With the change of venue we are able to introduce you to a much larger facility, along with the addition of a race track. These additions have allowed us to open our car show all makes and models. The addition of a race track has allowed us to create the South Sound's first drift competition. The South Sound Speedstars Invitational will be a friendly team tandem drift competition involving some of the best drivers in the northwest.

AUGUST 18th, 2013
11am-6:30pm


SOUTH SOUND SPEEDSTARS INVITATIONAL
-Team Tandem Drift Competition
-3 Drivers/Cars per team
-FEE: $150.00 per driver
-PRIZE: $1000 to winning team
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

SOLO DRIFT
-Solo Runs
-Only 10 Spots Open
-$60.00 per car
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

CAR SHOW
-Open to all Makes and Models
-Trophies Awarded to Best in Class (peoples choice style voting)
-1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Overall Car Show Winners
-FEE: $15 (admits 1 car + Driver)
-REGISTRATION: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

KIDS ZONE
-Bounce House
-Giant Trikes
-And More

GENERAL ADMISSION
-$8 per person
-Kids 12 and UNDER FREE

CHARITY
-NDSS National Down Syndrome Society
-Show your support even if you cant attend the event. Go to the following link to leave a donation in honor of this event
http://ndssyourway.kintera.org/faf/d...upId=378558050


RAFFLES
100% of the raffle funds will be donated to South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome

WEBSITE: www.southsoundsummerjam.com

SPONSORS & AFFILIATES
NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society)
South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome
Parent2Parent
Bruce Titus Automotive Group
NissanParts.cc
MitsubishiParts.net
Rokform
Chase Bays
94.5 KRXY (Roxy)
Everclean State
StreetSweeperNW
Radium Engineering
Rally Armor
425 Motorsports
Modified Magazine
London Peach
Compass Rose
Sinematiks
Forever Powder Coating
Richie's Garage
Grip Royal
ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems)
Motovicity Distribution
M7 Japan
SPL Suspension
Mackin Industries
TrackAttack
Clean-n-Chrome
Rampage Fabrication & Design
Too Easy Auto Salon
Importmeet.com
Northwestnissans
Fusion Graphix




MANY MORE DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Contact me directly if you are interested in sponsoring the event, questions, etc. EMAIL: [email protected]

For those who are unfamiliar with South Sound Speedway.

TRACK


GRANDSTANDS


GENERAL PARKING & CAR SHOW PARKING


PIT AREA
(concession stand is on the left)


RussellM is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM
  #13  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

We are currently running a promo on Car Show Registration.

CAR SHOW REGISTRATION SPECIAL
June 17-21 - $10

REGISTER HERE: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel.com/

RussellM is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 AM
  #14  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

We have decided to run one final car show registration special. July 1-4: $10

REGISTER HERE: Car Show Registration Special July 1-4 / South Sound Summer Jam



CLASSES and AWARDS
(peoples choice style voting)
1 - IMPORT: 80-99 Models
1 - IMPORT: 00-present
1 - IMPORT: SUV/Truck
1 - IMPORT: Old School xx-79
1 - DOMESTIC: 80-99 Models
1 - DOMESTIC: 00-present
1 - DOMESTIC: Old School xx-79
1 - DOMESTIC: SUV/Truck
1 - EURO
1 - LUXURY
1 - MOTORCYCLE
1 - KIDS CHOICE

Scored by Judging Panel
3 - OVERALL SHOW
1 - BEST CREW REPRESENTATION

1 - DRIFT COMP + $1000 PRIZE

All classes are subject to change
and removal. Each class requires
a 5 car minimum entry. In the
event that the minimum requirement
not be met, we reserve the right to
add classes where we see fit.

RussellM is offline  
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 AM
  #15  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

We have been receiving a lot of raffle items from various companies and thought I would share some of this awesome stuff with you all.

Grip Royal made up this custom 212121 Steering Wheel for us to raffle. 212121 is something that I came up with and run on my personal time to help raise money for South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome. Since the raffle money from this event is benefiting their organization, I figured this would be a cool way to tie the two together. Im really excited to get this wheel in later this week to see it in person. If you care to find out more about my efforts beyond this event - go here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/212121/190282464468175


ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems) sent us this box of intercoolers. Direct fitment is for 2 different Subarus (top mount setup) and 1 is for a Lancer Evolution. Regardless, these would be cool for anyone to win that has the ability to fabricate parts.


Radium Engineering sent us a package of goodies. The raffle package will include a Radium Engineering Fuel Surge Tank (custom green), Single Oil Catch Can, and Fuel Pressure Regulator.
RussellM is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 PM
  #16  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Register for the car show by 9pm tonight and we will give you 1 Free Admission Pass.

REGISTER HERE: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel...oduct/car-show
RussellM is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
  #17  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

21 Days left to Pre-Register ($15) for our car show. Not only will you help us out a great deal by easing the process of car show roll-in, but to show our appreciation we are going to give you 5 Free Raffle Tickets. Over 10K in prizes up for grabs!

Remember, Day-Of Registration will be $25.00

All Makes & Models are Welcome!

REGISTER HERE: http://www.southsoundsummerjam.bigca...oduct/car-show

RussellM is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
  #18  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

CAR SHOW PREREGISTRATION DEADLINE is approaching quickly.

PREREGISTRATION: $15.00 / Deadline Friday, August 9th.
REGISTER HERE: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel...oduct/car-show

Day of Registration is $25.00

RussellM is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 AM
  #19  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

CAR SHOW PREREGISTRATION CLOSES TODAY!
Preregistration: $15.00
Day Of Registration: $25.00

REGISTER HERE: http://southsoundsummerjam.bigcartel...oduct/car-show

RussellM is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 AM
  #20  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
RussellM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway

Thank You to everyone who attended!

We were able to raise $6,850 for the two groups. The breakdown is below.

South Puget Sound Up with Down Syndrome: $3922.00
NDSS (National Down Syndrome Society): $2928.00
TOTAL: $6,850

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO FROM SINEMATIKS
RussellM is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Earp_EM1
Meets & Events
2
07-04-2016 07:35 PM
krazykoncepts
Canada
1
06-18-2013 02:38 PM
vtecvoodoo
Southern California
214
06-21-2012 11:40 AM
craio
Vehicles for sale
60
12-08-2010 05:34 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: South Sound Summer Jam 2013 | 8.18.13 | South Sound Speedway


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.