Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

(PLEASE HELP!!) Someone tried to hit me on purpose!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (PLEASE HELP!!) Someone tried to hit me on purpose!!

Please help me out!! I almost got hit on purpose.

Time: Around 7:30 PM 4/29/11

Situation:

I was driving down this two way road, one lane each.

I see this silver Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible coming my direction.

We get closer.

Eclipse swerves over to my lane on purpose like he wants to play chicken.

We got very close and I honked. I had to give in and turn into a side street (this is all within like a second)

My adrenaline was pumping and I didn't know what to do, but I knew for a fact the driver did this on purpose.

So I decided I needed to get to the bottom of this or at least get the plates..

I turn around real quick and come back out of this side street.

I see that he is already at the end of the street, waiting to turn at the light to a bigger main street.

There is one car in between me and the Eclipse.

Driver makes the turn and goes into a bigger street, I follow while this car is still sandwiched between us.

Eclipse driver acknowledges I am chasing him. So he sticks his hand out the window and flips me off..

I couldn't get a good reading of his plates. So I continued to follow.

He decided to make a turn into this smaller street. I follow...

This street was filled with speed bumps and I felt like it wasn't to my advantage to follow him into this small street anyways.

So I decide to turn around, he sees me and flips me off again..

I didn't know what to do at this point, so I drove around anxiously thinking about what I should do...

I come back on this main road (Division St.) and I see the Eclipse in the opposite direction again!! I tried to slow down and get his plates once more, but couldn't get all of it.

Driver sees me again.. I know that because he/she honked at me..

Here is what I gathered..

Car: 2000-2006 Silver Mitsubishi Eclipse Convertible
Driver: Could not get a description.
Passenger: White / Male / Longer Hair/ Wore Black Hat.
License Plates #: Washington State Plates. I believe there was a 2-0-1-Y-M-Z on it.

I called the non-emergency police in hopes of reporting this, to put it out there and to see if anyone else has reported the same thing. I swear to god they are no help. The lady officer was beyond unhelpful to me. She said something along the lines of:

"From what you are telling me, I think it is just a case of bad driving and you just happened to run into this driver."

"There is nothing I can do , because there are thousands of Silver Mitsubishi Eclipse in Washington"

"The descriptions you gave me will not help anything"

"If you are not involved in an accident or you didn't get injured, there is nothing we can do..."

I explained to her many times , that this is not a case of bad driving because the driver acknowledges me and taunted me when I went after him.

No help..

I don't know if the driver is on hardcore drugs or driving drunk or maybe even just finished watching Fast Five or something.. But i do not deserve this, nor does anyone else on the road.

What I ask from you guys.
  • If you have any information or had a similar experience, please let me know!!
  • Be on the look out for this Silver Mitsubishi Eclipse Convertible in the Washington/ Oregon area. (This car does have Washington plates)
  • Tell everyone you know to be on the look out.
  • If you or know anyone that happens to spot this car, please try whatever to get their full license plate number!
  • Anything helps!!

Thank you.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PLEASE HELP!!) Someone tried to hit me on purpose!!

I would make so much ruckus. Honking and flashing my lights the whole time. But thats just me; hope you find him/her/thing.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PLEASE HELP!!) Someone tried to hit me on purpose!!

if you have a make and model and partial plate, plus a description of the owner take it to the cops and let them know the situation. it's worth a shot. had a big *** truck do sort of the same thing because he was tailgating me so I slowed down and he got next to me and swerved at me. I called State Patrol and let them know the info I had. It's worth a shot.