Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Oregon Cannabis Tax Act 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Oregon Cannabis Tax Act 2012

I thought i would post this in here.

PORTLAND, Ore. – A new push to sell marijuana in stores kicked off in Oregon Monday.

If supporters can get the initiative on the ballot and approved by voters, it would allow any adult over 21 to buy pot at a state licensed store or grow it in Oregon.

Supporters of the idea say it would generate hundreds of millions of dollars for the state each year.

Chief petitioner, Paul Stanford, has been leading the effort to legalize marijuana in Oregon since 1984. This time he said he thinks even the name of the measure will get people to pay attention: “The Oregon Cannabis Tax Act.”

To get the measure on the November 2012 ballot, supporters need to collect 90,000 signatures by July 2012.

Supporters say legalization would raise $140 million in taxes for Oregon and save $60 million in law enforcement costs.

Here are some links to the website and the facebook page.
http://cannabistaxact.org/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Can...45759328775508

To get this on the ballot the need signatures! There is a PDF you can print out and send in on the website.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Oregon Cannabis Tax Act 2012

<-- voting NO
Old 03-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can I ask why your voting no? Just curious....
Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dislike druggies? I dont want to work around people who are altered by drugs, etc
Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Garage 808 Hatch
I dislike druggies? I dont want to work around people who are altered by drugs, etc
Fair enough....

I am by no means a stoner. I do not smoke pot, but i would if it were legal. I see no difference between alcohol, tobacco or cannabis personally.

Also I was not looking at this measure for just the recreational usages, I was looking at it for the production value it can have. Just wanted to point out these facts...

* Hemp seed oil can be used as fuel to drive cars and heat homes because Hemp produces biomass, which can be converted into charcoal for electricity, ethanol, methanol and other sources of fuel. Burning biomass for energy, instead of fossil fuels, helps keep the carbon dioxide cycle in balance, and thus helps to stop global warming, instead of contributing to it as the burning of fossil fuels does.

* An acre of hemp will produce from four to ten times as much paper pulp as will an acre of trees, over the period of time it takes pulp trees to grow to maturity, and hemp can be used to make paper more durable and environmentally friendly than wood. Changing to hemp-based paper could reduce deforestation by half. Hemp paper lasts hundreds of years longer than paper made from trees and doesn't require toxic bleaching chemicals.

* One acre of hemp can produce 10 tons of biomass every four months of growing season. Hemp fuel is the most cost effective and environmentally friendly reusable energy source on the planet, and could potentially make the U.S. less dependent on foreign petroleum.

* The cannabis sativa plant produces more protein, oil and fiber than any other plant on earth. Hempseed, for example, was an essential part of our ancestors' diet and is the source of "gruel," the porridge that is referred to in countless stories and books written before this century.

* Hemp is an excellent food source, hemp provides nearly complete nutrition. Eating a diet rich in EFAs, Omega 3, 6, and 9, is one way to ensure health, because these essential fatty acids help to stimulate the heart and brain, as well as the immune system.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv seen ballots like this go around in seattle for years
Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The day a law like that passes America will fall off as a top country we will have a bunch of bums on couches getting fat..... 2012 needs to hurry up

Also to your facts sheet if it gets legalized i doubt it will be allowed to be made into a replacement for paper.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pros:
-it will generate alot more money.
- our cops can stop wasting thier dumbass time on it(which our tax money pays for)
- we will have more room in jails,ect.
- we MIGHT stop seeing canabis festivals(which are gay)

cons:
-more weed heads
-people will be dumb as ****(besides the fact that they already are...)
- probably higher crime rates, high school drop outs.
-sarah palin might finally figure out where africa is.

people are forgetting that the world will end in 2012 so there is no point.
this is just dumb. just shows where the country is headed.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would vote yes lol why not crime would be down people wouldnt be robbing people to get it if it was legal... they could buy instead of steel it. america used to be the top grow/distribution of bud plus more people would chill out its just weed any ways

how many times have you heard of some of smoking to much pot and dying .....? never

unlike alcohol you drink to much your screwed legalize!!!! god made weed man made beer who would you believe would be better hahaha legalize the dank *** green man!!! hahah
Old 04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Won't pass.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will not pass. Tobacco and Cannabis are a completely different substance.

"Chief petitioner, Paul Stanford, has been leading the effort to legalize marijuana in Oregon since 1984"
^^About 27 years of trying to pass it, and still no results. Hmm, maybe there's a reason behind that. If anything, his efforts are diminishing as the years go by. I bet he had more wits about him in the earlier stages of attempts. I cannot stand when a jack *** co-worker comes into work blazed.

Law enforcement would have a field day dealing with all the pot heads littering the streets. You support increased taxes? What about all the bums who lose their jobs bc of this act? I have nothing against people smoking marijuana in the confines of their own homes, but I do have an issue with people being high in public. Looks just as stupid as someone intoxicated in public, and no one can guarantee these people won't be driving when under the influence as well.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will vote yes and support for all reasons.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alcohol is does more damage to the body than marijuana.

FACT

You can call me stupid for that, but NAME ONE instance where someone has over-dosed on Marijuana and died? NEVER. NONE. Now name how many people died from over consumption of alcohol... thousands a year. End of discussion
Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by iHEARTMYCiViC
alcohol is does more damage to the body than marijuana.

FACT

You can call me stupid for that, but NAME ONE instance where someone has over-dosed on Marijuana and died? NEVER. NONE. Now name how many people died from over consumption of alcohol... thousands a year. End of discussion
I totally agree. Have any of you ever heard of anyone that has O.D'd on marijuana? No, I sure haven't.

How many car accidents are caused from being under the influence of alcohol? Now how many of that is caused by marijuana?

If any of you ever had marijuana it is not addictive and tobacco is far worse because of nicotine. Nicotine is even more addictive than heroin.

I see this initiative as a pro. People don't realize how easy it is to get marijuana; literally a phone call away if you know someone that knows someone. So I don't see a dramatic increase of pot heads on the street. I see more drunk people than anything, which is a lot more scary (figuring my roommate got mugged and robbed by two drunk people).

Besides, I'm tired of seeing reports of kids getting brain dead on nitrous oxide/Whippits and smoking bath salts because they can't get weed or alcohol.
I also can't get Advil and have to get it from behind the desk and fill out paper work, because some meth head wanted to get high and ruin it for the rest of us.