Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oly/Lacey/Tum area

Hey guys, long time no talk. Got a question for you all. I got the Rex up and driving about a week ago with the new build. Been running like a champ with no issues. Today my tranny decided to get stuck in 3rd gear... I can move the stick around but can't get it out of gear or change gears. Going to jack it up when I get the chance and take a look at the shift linkage. Any thoughts on this? Just seams so odd. Anything helps, thanks guys.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by der schutter
Hey guys, long time no talk. Got a question for you all. I got the Rex up and driving about a week ago with the new build. Been running like a champ with no issues. Today my tranny decided to get stuck in 3rd gear... I can move the stick around but can't get it out of gear or change gears. Going to jack it up when I get the chance and take a look at the shift linkage. Any thoughts on this? Just seams so odd. Anything helps, thanks guys.
Sound like the shift selector for is bent my friend.. causing it to be stuck in that gear.. the only way to fix it would be to drop the tranny and replace the fork with doesn't cost very much! my buddy brain can replace it for you and at an adorable price! he's the one building the tranny for my 4dr hit him up! 206-898-8454
Old 05-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man! I might just have to give him a call in the next few weeks. Waiting for my friend to get back from leave to give me an extra hand dropping it. I've been saving up for the turbo build but might just need to drop the cash on a tranny rebuild. I'm tired of getting old beat up trannies. Would like to get a LSD installed as well.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man! I might just have to give him a call in the next few weeks. Waiting for my friend to get back from leave to give me an extra hand dropping it. I've been saving up for the turbo build but might just need to drop the cash on a tranny rebuild. I'm tired of getting old beat up trannies. Would like to get a LSD installed as well.
Yeah man give him a shout! Tell him that I sent you his direction! He’s a real knowledgeable guy and knows his way around a Honda Transmission. He can even install the diff and shim it properly so you have proper clearances and such. a lot of people think its just a bolt in affair and its not! it needs to be clearance properly or your just going to **** up your diff and your transmission up!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Going to order my mfactory helical LSD and synchro tech carbon master rebuild kit today. Once all parts come in ill give him a call. Does he work out of a shop or just a knowledgeable guy you know? Fair prices?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Going to order my mfactory helical LSD and synchro tech carbon master rebuild kit today. Once all parts come in ill give him a call. Does he work out of a shop or just a knowledgeable guy you know? Fair prices?

Nice dude! Nope no shop, he works from home! Well educated, very knowledgeable and very affordable prices! real badass dude that stands behind everything he does Let him know I sent you man

@Brandon

Track Forged put their shop car into the wall at 120mph, The driverside slick blew out and because they were running a spool that only means one thing... 100% of the power shifted to the passanger tire and slammed them into the wall!

http://instagram.com/p/ocG_TvOQ3y/#

Old 05-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the final drive on the transmission the shaft that all the gears slide onto? I have a old blown si tranny in my garage and I think I still have the final drive in it (my brother took some gears from it so I'm not sure). Apparently that is the only difference between the dx/si pl3 tranny and it would be cool if I could just swap that over for the better gear ratios during the rebuild. Also does anyone know if there is a benefit of running 40mm vs 35mm bearings. I still have the si case that uses the 40 and my dx 35 and could just swap dx internals to the si case and use the 40mm.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the final drive on the transmission the shaft that all the gears slide onto? I have a old blown si tranny in my garage and I think I still have the final drive in it (my brother took some gears from it so I'm not sure). Apparently that is the only difference between the dx/si pl3 tranny and it would be cool if I could just swap that over for the better gear ratios during the rebuild. Also does anyone know if there is a benefit of running 40mm vs 35mm bearings. I still have the si case that uses the 40 and my dx 35 and could just swap dx internals to the si case and use the 40mm.
Th final drive is what bolts on to your diff! as for being interchangeable I really don't know... Brian will know quite a bit about all that lol
Old 05-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright cool, I just wanted to figure out what my plan was before I called him. I'll have to give him a call though so I know to order 35 or 40mm. I'm wanting to swap everything over to the si case with that final drive and the 40mm bearings (from what I've read there stronger) I'll just give him a call. I'm sure he has all the answers
Old 05-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright cool, I just wanted to figure out what my plan was before I called him. I'll have to give him a call though so I know to order 35 or 40mm. I'm wanting to swap everything over to the si case with that final drive and the 40mm bearings (from what I've read there stronger) I'll just give him a call. I'm sure he has all the answers
Sounds like a plan my friend
Old 05-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I talked to him yesterday and got a quote for the full rebuild and LSD install. I'm pretty stoked to get it all done and back in the Rex. Going to drop the tranny this weekend.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I talked to him yesterday and got a quote for the full rebuild and LSD install. I'm pretty stoked to get it all done and back in the Rex. Going to drop the tranny this weekend.
Yeah your gonna love it man! he is great at what he does! he built the tranny in Jared's CRX that just set the new D Series world record for the fastest time on small tires!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im gonna go pick up my tranny this weekend! its all done and puuuury

Old 06-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good man! I'm dropping my tranny off on Friday, so excited. Can't wait to get it finished and back in the car. Is your car ready to go once you throw the tranny back in?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good man! I'm dropping my tranny off on Friday, so excited. Can't wait to get it finished and back in the car. Is your car ready to go once you throw the tranny back in?
nice man! I should be heading up either Friday or Saturday to pick mine up! no no no! lol my engine is still up at Speedfactory being assembled.. they have a huge work load so a long wait is to be expected! I just have to ship my head off to the machine shop to get a valve job, assembly the head and then slap the head and the engine together and we are back in business!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Chris- where are you sending your head?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by reaction360
Chris- where are you sending your head?
http://www.headsupauburn.com/ <<<<<< Thanks Zol
Old 06-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

morning bump!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
morning bump!
Off to Vegas bump
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
Off to Vegas bump
how is vegas bump?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Almost dead lol...I barely made it thru Vegas, I'm getting old lol
Old 06-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HuiDC2
Almost dead lol...I barely made it thru Vegas, I'm getting old lol
Hey man! how the hell was it?
Old 06-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
Hey man! how the hell was it?
It was exspensive lol. Had a great time tho, so can't complain. How's the whip coming along?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Picked my tranny up last Friday. Just waiting for a new throw out bearing spring to come in the mail from Honda, trying to get it thrown back on this weekend. Just did Mfactory LSD, synchrotech carbon synchros, new bearings and 4.25 final drive.

Quick Reply: Oly/Lacey/Tum area