Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Need to borrow B16 or GSR valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to borrow B16 or GSR valve cover

I know the title is weird, but I'm looking to get my valve cover painted, and the car is my DD.
I don't have the time to take the valve cover off, get it sand blasted, and painted while the head just sits exposed to the outside elements.
None of my honda buddies have an extra valve cover or the one I need laying around. Best case scenario, we could trade, I'd get the one you have sand blasted and painted, than switch them out, and I could give you like 10-20 bucks for gas to meet up and sand blast the valve cover I take off my car so you have a fresh ready to be painted one ready to go to sell or use.
Mines in good condition from a 2000 b16a2 motor.
let me know if your in the North Seattle to North Everett area and have an extra valve cover you wouldn't mind lending me or trading me for a good condition b16 valve cover.
The other scenario is you let me borrow yours, I pay to get a new gasket, use it until mine get's painted, than I get another gasket and put mine back on. I just would rather not do that cause I'd have to buy to gaskets.
Or if you have a decent one you'd be willing to sell for no more than $30, but that's my very last resort.
Thanks for looking.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need to borrow B16 or GSR valve cover

i have 2 just laying around
Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

seriously? I'll give you ten bucks for the hassel to let me trade you one of them. they in good shape? what motor they from? like the OP says, I just don't want to expose my head to the elements. I'd rather just take mine off and replace it with a freshly painted cover. that way I don't have to pay for a second gasket taking mine off to paint it and putting it back on later.
What's your schedule like this weekend? best time for me is saturday around 4, or anytime monday during the day. the earlier the better.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

c'mon, no one else got a valve cover just laying around? I can give you 20 to come and meet me somewheres, than once I've gotten it painted and put on the car, you get my valve cover back in return, freshly sand blasted. I may even be able to throw you another 15 or so to have to meet me somewheres again