Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page

Thankfully I don't have to go up there very much. Although I got to experience a mancamp in the Jonah field that kind of like a low security jail

I found an E85 pump in Riverton, WY this weekend. Thought it was a little out of place. I don't see why anyone would buy E85 at $3.25 a gallon, when regular was $3.45. I thought E85 was supposed to be cheap?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
U MIRIN?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, its been awhile since I have posted, but:

I sold my JDM front LS back in November. Daily drove the Evo throughout the winter, which I regret doing. So less than a month after selling my old teg, I was on the search this time for an EG hatch to daily, I have wanted one for awhile now. Well I scoured craigslist from Spokane to Boise to Billings, and could not find one for my cheap budget of 3k max.

So just for fun I searched for integras here in missoula, and lo and behold I find a posting for a 4 door 96 Integra. 1 crappy blurry picture, and a posting that said about 4 things: "160k miles. 2 owner. vtec engine. 2400$". My first impression was, "A GSR for 2400$? Guy is probably mistaking the LS engine or something. So I call, double check with him that it is indeed a VTEC ENGINE, which he confirms. Go and look at it, see the b18c1 sitting in it, test drove it, and paid 2300 for it.

She's far from perfect but a good daily, and is funnily enough my first honda with vtec haha! Issues are I believe it needs a new headgasket, which if so I will probably do full service of water pump, timing belt, etc. I also think my front right strut is blown, if you guys know of any stock integra suspension pieces let me know!

Few pics:

And here it is doing some hauling duties for the evo!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junk that thing, I'll swap you for an H22 lude. (I kinda need the GSR for the EF-Bomb James Rowen blew up...)

Poor guy, I handed him a grenade, and I'm gonna tease him about it forever.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The E85 used to be cheaper when it was subsidized from the goverment. The major interest from most would be because of the performance benifits of E85
Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I was told it runs cooler..

I was finally able to get my hatch tuned at Revolutions Motorsports in Colrado Springs this weekend

252/190

160 wtq from 2200-7500

It's going to be a wheel spinning beast!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So we head over to Xxxxxxxxx (town name covered up) to check out a craigslist EG hatch with a B16 in it, $2500.

WOW, we get there, hood is gone, it blew open on the guy last week ripped it off at speed and smashed up the roof. Seats are shot, carpet is shot, door panels shot, anything related to the sound system is missing with gaping holes and wires loaded with scotch clips are hanging everywhere. Both doors have problems with the glass tracking in it.

We compression check it, there's oil everywhere. Possibly the most ghetto hydro car to cable trans conversion (home made) I've ever seen. To the guys credit it did work. Scotch clips and hacked wiring all over under the hood.

Guy tells us the person that did the swap said the car would go 150mph. I'm not kidding. He said he's had trouble getting it to go over 120, and that the torque steer from the "powerful" jdm engine is part of the problem. He says at speed it's all over the road, ditch to ditch because of ALL THAT POWER. He said to be safe, because of the engine noise (I'm seriously wondering if he meant the vtec noise) he's been short shifting it at 5000 because of it, and 3rd still grinds like a bitch...

He's says "take it for a ride, and watch out for the power and the torque steer". I ease out the clutch and the driver side tire just lights up and and the car pulls hard to the right, REAL HARD, and it starts to spin. I ease into it a few times and were moving now. I let off to shift to 2nd it darts all the way across the road, I shift into second it darts all the way back across. BLOODY HELL!!!?!?! I don't even want to take it out on the highway. We hit about 25 in town and I thought I was gonna wipe out the entire block.

We didn't go 400 feet, turned around and went back. I closed the door and said, when did you have this thing going over 120 mph????? He said yesterday, but the engine power made it hard to drive. I said "dude, either your transmission is broken stripped on the passenger side (lsd left enough to drive the drivers side wheel), or you've got a stripped out CV joint on the car (we checked it was inserted, but hella wiggly). I would IMMEDIATELY never drive this car again, it's broken. If it's in the trans and something is stripped or broken you can lock up the diff, we've done it on our road race car. Diff gave out and locked the trans. SKETCHY!!

Then he tells me he's got brand new wheels and tires on it. Fronts don't match the backs, and the rims are curbed.

He says "what it's worth to you?" I said, well, you have rough shell, an engine with a 20% difference between the cylinders (he confessed it had gotten so hot 3 times it overheated, what that means to him, I don't know). And that was before he hooked up the radiator. Something in the drivetrain is broken, wheels and tires don't match, interior is roached, it's been hailed on, and it's rough in the same way all of them ar rough. Oh yea, did I mention the dipstick was dry???

I told him I had a use for the head, and maybe the shell, I offered him $700 and he said he had to have $2500 and there was no wiggle room. I wish you could have seen the car....

Here's where it gets better. He then says, there's a Honda guy in Glasgow, that could hook him up with a transmission for a few hundred... I said, "I'm that Honda guy from Glasgow, you never called me about anything".. He says "oh".

He then says, "You got a tranny?", I said yea, he said would you be willing to put in for me, I said, normally, "Yea, on this car with all its problems...no..." Be our luck half of the scotch clips would give up it would never run again, the out of oil engine would seize 2 minutes after we put the transmission in, and of course he'd blame us... NO WAY, would I do this for that guy.

He said he knows a place he can get kick-*** race transmissions for $500 shipped... Maybe get it done and installed for a $1000. I said, "you realize, you'll then be into this car for $3500+ and it's still a piece of ****".

Anyway, this car was worse than Deaf Tommy's car we looked at. Remember that one?

Good times. We left it. I'm gonna keep an eye on the junkyard over there. I bet it shows up there this summer some time.

No oil on the dipstick, he said he never checked it before?!?!?!?!?!?! I told him NOT to drive it until he gets it fixed. You want to bet he's driving it right now? Randon felt $700 was RIDICULOUSLY generous.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vectorsolid
Randon felt $700 was RIDICULOUSLY generous.
I stand by that.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is this even possible to do? What do you guys think?
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...7#post48658517
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MSG me on Facebook, Bob. I wanna know who the hells car that was! lmao.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ProjectLSVTEG
MSG me on Facebook, Bob. I wanna know who the hells car that was! lmao.
was within 70 miles of here, so that should limit cities. I'm gonna leave a note with the guy that owns the wrecking yard, "let me know when this car shows up"... ...lol...

Whada ya think of the Montana "power tour" idea?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think It'd be a blast and is a great Idea - my only concern would be getting the logistics to work for everyone at the same time. It would be fun as hell though!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ProjectLSVTEG
I think It'd be a blast and is a great Idea - my only concern would be getting the logistics to work for everyone at the same time. It would be fun as hell though!
Ha, we got that figured out. We're gonna do it anyway, even if it's 5-6 local cars and 20-30 people total including tagalongs, buddys, wives and support.

In talking it over with people, I'm amazed at how critical the name is in influencing peoples decisions. Some peoples eyes light up when you mention "crap box challenge" other peoples eyes glaze over because it sounds dumb to them. Change the name to the Cannonball run (example) and BAM, those people are interested again.

Maybe the "bowlingballrun".

Track attack tour
Traffic Jam 2013
Montana showtime tour
Montana Stage Rally 2013 (to wordy, buy cool sounding)
Montana Power Rally 2013
Montana Road Rally 2013
Montana Rally 2013

make it to silly and I think it turns off more people that might do it just to try something epic. Rusty bolt tour... "meh". So far, I've noticed the phrase, tour, rally, jam see to have a positive result in conversation.

Feel free to post up ideas.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Has to have "Montana" in the title.

Montana Challenge is used by the 3-4 SCCA regions. I think this should stick with the GRM $20xx (or Sport Compacts USCC) challenge sorta, except you can't make back money by selling stuff off, gets too complicated.

Just a shitbox/beater and $2k and a weekend worth of fun.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by johnjw
Has to have "Montana" in the title.

Montana Challenge is used by the 3-4 SCCA regions. I think this should stick with the GRM $20xx (or Sport Compacts USCC) challenge sorta, except you can't make back money by selling stuff off, gets too complicated.

Just a shitbox/beater and $2k and a weekend worth of fun.
I got 4 guys up here that want to run **** domestic, one has a beater shortbox pickup with a 454 out of a grain truck, another guy with an LS motor in a 6000 pound 1961 rambler wagon, another guy with an old shoebox ford with the fuel injected 302 out of an 89 lincoln. Good guys with the right idea about fun.

Found out there is a circle track race in Billings the Saturday night we arrive. we should be in Billings around 7-7:30PM, I'm gonna suggest we meet up at the circle track for a night of local entertainment and great BBQ at the track. The less ANY of us has to do, or arrange for food, and the more organized we can be around OTHER PEOPLES events, the more successful this will end up. And the more cool stuff will be going on around and near us.

ALSO, I think there is a Car show in Lincoln Montana that weekend. what this means is epic. On that Saturday morning when we head up to the autocross, some of the old timers we con into going with us could drive up to Lincoln (50 miles) for 3-4 hours and be back before we leave (en mass) for Billings.

just one more thing to work in and around to make it that much more epic!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone still alive in here?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

parting out 00 civic si in great falls also have 99 00 fenders hood bumper headlight all brand new in boxes if anyone wants anything let me no......no motor,trans,si cluster,rear discs
Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I still check this thread every now and then, pretty dead lately tho lol. I may be getting a new job soon, which if I do will enable me to start feeding my Honda addicton again
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not much going on here. I am driving my hatch, so that is good. It's becoming a cop magnet though.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

seems to be a common theme. I don't know what it is, but seems like even in small town Glasgow, we have 6-8 cops cruising around all the time, 3-4 people pulled over all the time, it's crazy. Maybe they got some kind of government grant or something. They're working ridiculously hard...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

YES, my town has way too many cops/deputies. We even have a "swat team" van. Really? Yes, true story. I don't know how they get funded.

The next town over has like one cop.

I must say it is my own fault my car has gotten the attention it has. It handles like a go cart and I have alarmed a few people with some spirited manuevering.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^lol spirited driving...
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The_Head
with some spirited manuevering.
spoken like a guy that knows how to get out of a ticket! ...lol...
Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I didn't break any laws really. That's what I asked the cop when he asked for my paper work. "Did I break any laws?"

I got pulled over for taking a 90* left turn thru an intersection at 30 mph, the speed limit.

Then a month or so later I got the cops called on me because I took a right hand 90* turn at 30 mph, again, the speed limit, but it was going by someones residence, so they were spooked. I do go slower by this area now to show a little repsect though.

However, my town is full of busy bodies.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not much happening here. I sold off my 2012 Accord. I'm trying to get out of debt and that was about two thirds of it. Plus, I dont really drive it anyways.

I'm now looking for a clean 88-91 Civic or 90-93 Accord to replace it.

I will probably just start daily driving my truck and start riding my bicycle more.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, logged into HT for the first time in a long time. Been dead in here. Bob, we can do that power tour now.. I've got a car I can bring on it and enjoy driving!

Quick Reply: Montana MT 406 unOfficial Page