Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

does anyone know which shops around washington i can pick up a RHD integra clip from?

planning to do a RHD conversion..
Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8

THE CHOP SHOPPE racing.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

make a new topic please, to keep this one clean.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Got traction
There is 1 person who runs the paperwork side of the business along with all the phonecalls, shipping, walk in customers, parts ordering, etc. He is a very busy guy. If you IM him and he dosent respond right away, leave him your number and he will give you a call back.

People would be amazed if they knew how many phone calls SpeedFactory recieves each day.

x2 Matt is a very busy dude. But he always keeps it cool. He gives honest and legit answers. He'll straight up tell you how to do something instead of insisting letting the shop do the work; he supports the DIY guy.

I hate shops that remind me of Car Toys; if you don't have money to drop they don't want to waste their time.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Axiom Motorsports is horrible. They do inadequate/sloppy work. Kyle doesn't offer a warranty but will offer excuse after excuse and he lies through his teeth. Kyle has been around for years but it's obvious he lacks true experience. He likes to take short cuts that the customers end up paying for in the end. His shop is nothing more than a "lube and oil" shop. I wouldn't trust him for anything.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Best shop ive dealt with is Speedfactory by far, Matt has helped me make alot of good choices and really helped me out when i didnt have the cash to get my tranny fixed and let me pay with someparts and cash. and when ever im at the shop he is always on the phone, im definently going to Speedfactory

i used to go to intec racing cause my friend was good friends with lawrence, i got to go to alot of Formula D events and shop partys but once i started dropping my cash down and buying parts all at once it took for ever to get my parts like months, found out that lawrence used the cash i gave the shop to buy parts for there shop cars... it took 5 months to get my Tanabe Exhaust for my DA. i dont think il ever go back to intec.

I met stefan at intec in the shop and he gave me good quotes on custom exhaust, i plan on checking him out when i get back in the states

Kyle at Axiom will tell you anything you wanna hear to try and get your buisness, bought brakes from him said i was gonna get Rotors, Pads, Earls Lines for 450 the lines were always out of stock if i didnt have to leave, i would probaly have my lines but i dunno
Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would recommend Stefan from ASP.. I was just there yesterday and hes reallie nice and so is everyone else there..

Rich is probably my go to guy for tuning.. he takes his time to make it perfect no matter long it takes..

Last edited by khmaithaibabie; 09-18-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by khmaithaibabie
I would recommend Stefan from ASP.. I was just there yesterday and hes reallie nice and so is everyone else there..

Rich is probably my go to guy for tuning.. he takes his time to make it perfect no matter long it takes..
I appreciate all the positive feedback.

Last edited by FluidMotorsports; 09-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by iHEARTMYCiViC
does anyone know which shops around washington i can pick up a RHD integra clip from?

planning to do a RHD conversion..
What car are you looking to do a conversion on? I have an EG setup available right now and I have a container getting loaded in Japan as I type this. Let me know what you want and I will let you know what is available.

Corey@fluidmotorsports.net
Old 09-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Speedfactory
Kaizenspeed
ASP
All great shops

Speedfactory : Matt has been around forever and is about the nicest most helpful person youll ever meet round a shop up here. Ricky is sick like the flu on a welder, James is a great tuner, and Kevin obviously knows how to build a motor. The fact that you even get ahold of anyone down there with how busy they are (which should say something by itself) is amazing... Quit whining. TOP NOTCH work and kick ****ing *** customer service... They have hooked me up well, and its always nice to see any one of them around.

When I needed my block welded I wouldnt trust it to ANYBODY but Ricky. I have Fab covered, but when it came to that, There is no denying the guy is sick with the TIG.

Kaizenspeed: Although on the "other side" of the mountain... Reid and his goons are very knowlegable and stand up. I have experienced it firsthand when he built me a motor years back and it had issues due to a MFG defect, he took care of me super well, and their H BS elim kist is ****ing clean as hell. Big shop, a shop H22 powered car in the 8s at 170+MPH... Great customer service and top notch staff. Not to mention Reid can weld very well.

ASP: Stephan can Fab, has been in it for a long *** time and is a very knowledgeable guy. Cool to talk to, so is Charles. The guy whining about the Header comparison... get serious, do you know how many MFG stack **** to their advantage in testing? About ALL OF THEM. I wont even mention a VERY well known individual whose snake oil promises and skewed results are taken as gospel so blindly I feel bad for some people wo pay what they do for the ****.

DAVE LEE: My man... Although there are a couple other people Id let tune my car (Ross, James, Rich), he is THE MAN. I have always been nothing but super duper impressed with his work and he is my rHMT Noggle. James, Josh and Rich are very competent tuners as well...

Back in the days when INTEC had Chris, Randy, Stephan, Matt, Poon and Josh around, it was a great shop... I havent been there in years and wouldnt go there now. Havent heard ANYTHING good.

I got most all of them on speed dial anyways. LOL...

Dont know **** about fluid or axiom... I dont have a need...

Tommy at Velocity 8 is a SUPER nice guy. I usually dyno my car up there... He hooks up the dyno on the dealllllz, not really a fab shop Marcus does some for him on occasion, but for basic Work and whatnot, Tommy is super straightforward and a cool cat.

Bottom line is you're going to hear the occasional bad story about any shop. You cant make everybody happy... But the 3 I listed at the top have been nothing but good to me.... And When Im not happy Im not above letting people know it.

Last edited by extralargenog; 09-26-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:48 AM

KAIZENSPEED: Available at www.KStuned.com (Also KAIZENSPEED.com)Were in Eastern, WA. About 3 hours from Tacoma/Seattle area.

We've been in business for over six years (thanks SO MUCH TO OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS)and all of my staff has years of experience and formal training as ASE technicians, EFI university and working with our race car which is currently the fastest fwd H22 running right now (8.95 at 170.45mph). We have a 1200 hp Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno and dont worry, the high horsepower guys can dyno their cars on our dyno, it can handle it.

We've been a Hondata authorized tuner for over six years and we tune Aem, ECtune, Motec and most other engine Management systems.

We have our own line of H22 products and we are the source for H and F series engine development in WA.
For anything H2b please give us a call.
For the best prices on Competition Clutch please give us a call
For Turbos and intercoolers from Precision Turbo please give us a call
...you get the idea
Old 09-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Stefan at ASP has always been my go to guy..I've been going to him for car work far before ASP even existed
Old 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have always gone to Speed Factory for tuning or anything. Super cool guys that know their ****. Damn just back in May I had got my motor back from Bud's and **** was leaking oil and coolant they let me keep my **** there over the weekend with no charge! Even though it wasn't there problem. Will always take anything there and highly recommend them.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have always gone to speedfactory for everyting, and will continue to do so. Kevin,james, and matt are all great guys and will do almost everything they can to help you with what you need. Often times it's better to just go into speedfactory and ask, matt is very busy as people have said. But he kevin and james will always help you with what you need, including telling you how to do things, or explaining how something works or how to fix it.

I have noithing negative to say about any of them, even the guys in the back are all very nice guys.

Fuild-Cory seems like a very nice guy, met him for the first time yesterday, and he is cool and very nice.

Kyle at axiom is a nice guy, and can get you some pretty good deals.
Also, the owner of fast lane2 on south tacoma way is a nice guy aswell, just isnt the cheepest but he can get all you spoon goodies, as he is athorized dealer.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

anyone deal with velocity8 in lynnwood? the shop is only few miles from me so it would be easier for me to have it tuned there. only it will be done right tho.

or should i go there and do a quick check before driving 55 miles to speedfactory
Old 10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raverx3m
anyone deal with velocity8 in lynnwood? the shop is only few miles from me so it would be easier for me to have it tuned there. only it will be done right tho.

or should i go there and do a quick check before driving 55 miles to speedfactory
Save yourself 5 miles and come see us. We will definitely take care of you.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

lol good one.
i spoke to you guys few weeks ago but havent got a chance to drive up there its a bit of a long drive minus the 5 miles
pmed with a question.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've only gone to Axiom and Speedfactory. But I'll have to say about Axiom, it does sound about right that Kyle would just tell you what you want to hear. I try to not go there at all if I can.

Speedfactory, my only experience with them has been quite professional and business; so it has been good. I've done only small things there as far as automotive work but I am becoming more trusting everytime I go. They are helpful and seem to know what they are doing so I designate them as the shop I'd go to for any type of engine work.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my exp w intec was horrible and i have never been back. currently i go to fastlane2 on s.tacoma way. so far so good. anybody else deal w them before?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by momonimill
my exp w intec was horrible and i have never been back. currently i go to fastlane2 on s.tacoma way. so far so good. anybody else deal w them before?
Fastlane2 (Crazy Sound/Fastlane) was probably a good choice back in the day but things have changed a lot. I've only stopped in a handful of times in the past five years. I'm not sure if they even work on cars anymore. It appears that they only sell random I/H/E, bulbs, body kits, and other old school parts.

The best shop in the area for tuner parts and service is SpeedFactory. Hands down the best customer service and experience.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fastlane sucks, the guy thinks he is too good for everyone and his prices are ridiculos.
speed factory all the way.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi!

Originally Posted by vtecdc4
fastlane sucks, the guy thinks he is too good for everyone and his prices are ridiculos.
speed factory all the way.
Just like how Anthony (front desk guy) at Intec Racing thinks he's too good for everyone.

His arrogance is so unbearable that he's lucky that I'm not a snitch and complained about him to his boss.

Maybe someone will me that favor next time.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Numba1 K Series
Just like how Anthony (front desk guy) at Intec Racing thinks he's too good for everyone.

His arrogance is so unbearable that he's lucky that I'm not a snitch and complained about him to his boss.

Maybe someone will me that favor next time.
i cant stand people like that.... the guy at fastlane just takes it too a whole other level.. yea he might drive some nice cars, but the car doesnt make the man. customer service is key to any business, just like how tuning is key to a honda.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi!

Originally Posted by vtecdc4
i cant stand people like that.... the guy at fastlane just takes it too a whole other level.. yea he might drive some nice cars, but the car doesnt make the man. customer service is key to any business, just like how tuning is key to a honda.
These clowns don't know how to interact with people.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had good luck with Speedfactory. The only time I have been in Fastlane2 the guy just sat there. I have since started buying and selling parts on my own out of my home shop. Would folks (other than buddies) go to a home startup for parts? Can a guy survive on selling parts alone? I get frustrated when the shops have no parts on hand and it always needs to be ordered. I can order parts online and generally get it quicker. I have been trying to decide whether it would be profitable to have a parts store with no repair or install service. However have a great selection with inventory at a reasonable price. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: local shop reviews:speedfactory, intec racing, fluid motorsports, velocity8