Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

IMPORT FACE-OFF: Woodburn, OR - 5/27/12

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IMPORT FACE-OFF: Woodburn, OR - 5/27/12

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
haha cool man I’m glad they enjoyed it! Yeah my dad drove the 4dr as a commuter car when I was in high school and I begged him to sell it to me but he never did haha Finally he sold it to me a few years ago and I started building her just to be different and to have more room and she sits where she is at now it’s by far my favorite build yeah FIS was super crazy man! 5th place thats great! I wanted to compete in FIS but I didnt have carpet so they bumped me to FWD but either way I had a blast! what tranny setup are you running with your power built stock? Im worried to turn up the boost because it will destroy my JDM H22 tranny
Yeah I made it to the semi finals before I got beat by Matt in his subaru, had him off the line but missed the 1-2 shift <-- my wife's reaction in the stands when I messed up. But still got a little gas money... Trans is a stock gear GSR with an Mfactory diff. We rebuilt it a couple days before the event but couldn't get the 1-2 hub in time so just picked a used one that looked better than what was in it. Still wasn't happy going into 2nd at high rpm but oh well.

Myles:
Thanks for putting up the video! Wish my camera guy would've panned out a little to get both our cars when he filmed it, doesn't get much closer than that! When you said you were staying in it to win I was like **** I better tree him then lol
Throw in a twin disc and get your license so you don't have to save fast runs for eliminations
6.8 in the 1/8th is moving!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EasternBandit
Yeah I made it to the semi finals before I got beat by Matt in his subaru, had him off the line but missed the 1-2 shift <-- my wife's reaction in the stands when I messed up. But still got a little gas money... Trans is a stock gear GSR with an Mfactory diff. We rebuilt it a couple days before the event but couldn't get the 1-2 hub in time so just picked a used one that looked better than what was in it. Still wasn't happy going into 2nd at high rpm but oh well.
wow getting down and dirty with sock gear set! Impressive! that gives me hope for my tranny then haha more boost here I come LMAO! wifes reaction! thats great! Cool, I need to find a gear set for my H but I dont have 2500 To drop all at once so idk what my next move is gonna be. you gonna be over in spokane in september?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EasternBandit

Myles:
Thanks for putting up the video! Wish my camera guy would've panned out a little to get both our cars when he filmed it, doesn't get much closer than that! When you said you were staying in it to win I was like **** I better tree him then lol
Throw in a twin disc and get your license so you don't have to save fast runs for eliminations
6.8 in the 1/8th is moving!

I dont plan on getting a license any time soon so that isnt going to happen lol.

i know my car has a 10.2 or better in it as soon as i have a clutch that will withstand the launch and the shifting.

im pretty sure once it has a clutch and i can shift it (the trans has been in this car for 2 years and alot of passes on it) i should be doing 6.7's in the 1/8th.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My Buddy took home the win in Bracket.
12.6. was his best!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gringotegra
I dont plan on getting a license any time soon so that isnt going to happen lol.

i know my car has a 10.2 or better in it as soon as i have a clutch that will withstand the launch and the shifting.

im pretty sure once it has a clutch and i can shift it (the trans has been in this car for 2 years and alot of passes on it) i should be doing 6.7's in the 1/8th.
Hey myles are you running an oem gear set with your setup? im trying to figure out how much power I can run at the track before I have to think about a gear set lol
Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
Hey myles are you running an oem gear set with your setup? im trying to figure out how much power I can run at the track before I have to think about a gear set lol
Sorry missed this lol.

Yeah its an LS Final Drive, GSR 1-4, ITR 5th gear. Stock LS open diff too.

Normally at this power level, **** doesn't last forever.

i think it comes down to, how much tq the car makes and how much the car weighs in keeping things together.

What trans do you have in the car now?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^he is running a jdm h22 trans
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha what he said^^^^
Originally Posted by gringotegra
Sorry missed this lol.

Yeah its an LS Final Drive, GSR 1-4, ITR 5th gear. Stock LS open diff too.

Normally at this power level, **** doesn't last forever.

i think it comes down to, how much tq the car makes and how much the car weighs in keeping things together.

What trans do you have in the car now?
wow! all oem gear set! that’s impressive! I want to hit the kind of power levels your sitting at but my only concern was the transmission at this point but this makes me feel a lil better about turning up the boost