Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

BUYERS BEWARE MODERN MOTION MOTORSPORTS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYERS BEWARE MODERN MOTION MOTORSPORTS!!!!!!

Hey Just letting ppls know that I had to deal with a way sketch deal with this shop I bought a GSR tranny (did not have vin like most honda trannys) from them for 800$ supposly it was rebuild and everything shifted smoothly "supposly"...bought the tranny installed it and within a week the diff blew up in it The owner of the shop did nothing to replace it or refunded my money, so I was in dieing need of a tranny cuz my car was about to get tuned, so i traded the tranny away to a friend of mine for a B16 which I had to add cost on top of the trade since my GSR tranny was blowin up. So my friend went to put a new diff in the tranny and he told me 3rd gear looked horrible and turns out the tranny was a LS cuz the gsr diff did not fit!!!! i ended up paying 1100$ just in tranny bullshit. The owner is a real shady character told me lie after lie about the tranny I bought I ended up paying a grip for a blowin up LS tranny . The shop is a small shop in Hubbard OR.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUYERS BEWARE MODERN MOTION MOTORSPORTS!!!!!!

The diff itself should fit fine I think. You just have to trade out the ring gear from the blown up diff to the one you're putting in to match the final drive.

Still shitty luck bud. Been down that road myself. I now have a 'must view open' trans rule for when I buy transmissions.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CivSiClone_96
Hey Just letting ppls know that I had to deal with a way sketch deal with this shop I bought a GSR tranny (did not have vin like most honda trannys) from them for 800$ supposly it was rebuild and everything shifted smoothly "supposly"...bought the tranny installed it and within a week the diff blew up in it The owner of the shop did nothing to replace it or refunded my money, so I was in dieing need of a tranny cuz my car was about to get tuned, so i traded the tranny away to a friend of mine for a B16 which I had to add cost on top of the trade since my GSR tranny was blowin up. So my friend went to put a new diff in the tranny and he told me 3rd gear looked horrible and turns out the tranny was a LS cuz the gsr diff did not fit!!!! i ended up paying 1100$ just in tranny bullshit. The owner is a real shady character told me lie after lie about the tranny I bought I ended up paying a grip for a blowin up LS tranny . The shop is a small shop in Hubbard OR.
if you want your money back, buy pre-paid legal from me, tell the attorney the problem..he'll fight for you and you will surely win at this case
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its funny how you say nothing about him repaiting your bummper and repairing it......... for free.... for the fact of the trans going bad... now you never showed the trans that was damanged or even pics of it.. now how do we know you just didn't lie? you never showed anything... never talk **** about some one that helped you time and time again. you ungrateful little f...
Old 10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ooo yeah my bad he did repaint my bumper so thats a 300$ repair so now were at 800$..and if you think im lieing feel free to contact Jake at English Racing he diffently will show you pics and tell you about every little detail about the bad trannys you guys sell. Trust me this shop is out to take peoples money they sell jank *** S**t, and will give you every lie why to buy there blowin up s**t.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's funny how they would even compare a "repainting and repairing" a bumper (which doesn't cost someone close to even $300 if an individual does it) to ripping someone off on something far more costly. In for damage.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree, and I totally forgot to mention with the repairing and repainting of my bumper the owner still charged me for the paint....which was another 70 bucks out of my pocket so it was no free job at all.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Hi!

Wow..you are ridiculously cheap.

The whole idea to run a business is to keep your customers satisfied.

Thank goodness for these type of feedbacks.Gives me a better idea on which shops to avoid.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya seriously, it's just good business to except returns, or **** even an exchange.
and if he isn't going to exchange anything, he needs to disclose somewhere near the register what exactly his return and exchange policy is(that's the legal side of it) if he doesn't he can be liable for so much ****.
and repainting a bumper is nothing, especially compared to a bad trans. and Justin, if he was really "helping him time and time again" he would step up and accept the trans for exchange, or at the VERY LEAST take a look at it himself to see if it's really bad. Because really, at this point i doubt he is going to believe even another shop saying it's bad. but he has to stand next to his business's word, if it's not good he should exchange it
Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How was the trans before it blew up? You didn't say, "it shifted rough right away, had noise, etc"...I've seen plenty of diffs blow up...there's no sign to it coming either.

It's an unfortunate circumstance, but used parts are used. Sucks for both...
Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was not able to take the tranny to high rpms due to my build being so fresh I was breaking in the new rings getting rdy for a tune so I was not able to see the how smooth the gearing was but according to my friend Jake the guy who cracked the tranny and inspected everything and was going to put a new diff in it said 3rd gear looked horrible, All this shop has helped me do is take money out of my pocket, there are no signs posted anywhere around the shop about a exchange policy or anything in that matter. Thats why others need to know what shops to stay away from.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the Tranny, I pulled it from Civicsiclones car, I bought a GSR diff
to have tossed in. Jake at Englishracing tore it apart went to put in my
new GSR diff and found out it was a LS tranny.

3rd is pretty worn, and now it has a LS diff and i get it back this weekend.

So moral of the story is... They sold him a GSR tranny at a high $$$$ cash.
Turns out its a LS tranny,They also said it was rebuilt... no
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i guess you should have have taken him the trans back when it broke right? and got it fixed for free? but you didnt... no you rather say he didnt want to help you with it at all. you could have taken it back but you didnt .. thats what a warranty is for? i dont work for him at the shop i just help out . im just saying what i have seen out of all this .. a lot of bs from both side
Old 10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as I stated clearly before I was about to get my car tuned right before the tranny went out I did not have time to take it back and wait a month for some one to look at it and give it right back to me...i need a good tranny to get my tune so I could make a few trips to the track before summer ended...like civ95hatch I was told it was a GSR tranny I paid high dollars and I was told it was rebuild 3rd gear was bad...LIES LIES LIES!!! shady business from a shady "tuner" shop BUYERS BEWARE!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Justinhondapoor
well i guess you should have have taken him the trans back when it broke right? and got it fixed for free? but you didnt... no you rather say he didnt want to help you with it at all. you could have taken it back but you didnt .. thats what a warranty is for? i dont work for him at the shop i just help out . im just saying what i have seen out of all this .. a lot of bs from both side
Why take it back ?

The shop said it was just rebuilt, it was not, also said its a GSR it was not.

SOOOO... if he would have brought it back, and they did fix it perfect and
free.... ITS STILL A LS TRANNY... $2-300 diffrence in LS and GSR trannys.

The shop really never rebuilt it, hell im sure they never had it apart.
Point is you shouldent say something is something its not, the Shop
owner should know exactly what he's selling, especially when a Customer
is paying top dollar and asking for a specific part.

Its just good buisness practice... and in this economy its hard to find
a legit shop thats not trying to sqeeze every cent out of you.

I have helped civsiclone for a couple years now... He pays fair, always
with cash and works fulltime for his money. Like i said just bring your
car to me every single time, and ill always make you more then happy.

I really need this LS tranny, im sending nightly prayers to the man above that
3rd gear dont grind ! PLEASE GOD NO 3RD GEAR GRIND......... Oh and that i dont
go to jail for no damn VIN on it...
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why take it back? mmm to get it fixed mmm. it funny how you say he didnt want to help you but you wouldnt even take it back for him to fix what is wrong?? so what is the point of this? you say he didnt want to help you out with it and he ****ed you over.. but you wouldnt take it back to be fixed? ya i guess he ****ed up on the gsr part.. (he does not sell stolen **** like some ppl and some other shops )
Old 10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like he said before, even if it were totally fine and didn't break, he still sold him an LS tranny when he specifically asked and thought he was buying a GSR tranny. So maybe buyer is wrong for not bringing it back to him, but the seller was at fault first. What would bringing it back and haveing him fix it do? he would still be fixing an LS tranny, not a GSR tranny.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^ Exactly my point... If they fixed it, they would still say its a GSR.

But its a LS, and my man's out anyway.

So its WHATEVER, He's just looking out for people.

I would be happy to sell Modern Motion this FIXED LS tranny back for $550 hit me up
Old 11-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Justinhondapoor you dont understand the moral of the post. THE SELLER sold an ls tranny stated it was a GSR and had no VIN this is definetely not a good seller.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EG1PJT
Justinhondapoor you dont understand the moral of the post. THE SELLER sold an ls tranny stated it was a GSR and had no VIN this is definetely not a good seller.
/thread
Old 12-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried calling this shop today but the number says it's disconnected:
http://www.zipweb.com/b/OR/Hubbard/m...orts-97032-3b0
(503) 982-2465

Did he go out of business or something? The reason I ask is because I want to buy a tranny from a guy who had his rebuilt at this very place and now I'm starting to wonder if that even a good idea at all to begin with.. Guy says the transmission has about 50K miles on it since the rebuild.

Edit: Just called the guy, his website isn't working but I used the web.archive.org to look at the old page, called the number and it's apparently his cellphone. Seems like a nice guy and was helpful in answering some questions about what he does when he does an transmission rebuild.

http://web.archive.org/web/200501220...rn-motion.com/

As for the OP, I'd have to hope there either was miscommunication or the guy's lost track of what is what and didn't know he had an LS tranny and truly though it was a GSR transmission. Too bad though you couldn't get it resolved.

Last edited by fleabag; 12-29-2010 at 03:55 PM.