Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Anyone good with Oregon driving laws?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone good with Oregon driving laws?

I'm trying to find out how many tickets within a certain period of time will get your license suspended for X amount of time.

I did a little digging online and came up with nothing. I just got a careless for falling asleep at the wheel and taking out a mailbox about a month ago. And within the last year I have a failure to display front plate (yes that is a moving violation) and a 65 in a 55 ticket. I'm wondering if I'm at risk for suspention. (might have another careless within the last 18 months if thats relevant.)
Old 10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone good with Oregon driving laws?

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/forms...lecodebk.shtml

I don't see much info about suspension because of a number of offenses, but it could be buried in chapter 809. It seems that the only things that get you suspend are failure to appear in court, failure to pay a fine, failure to pay child support, and DUII. I know that when I was in CA they had specific "points" system that gave certain points to a violation, and once you got so many points you got a suspension, but I don't see anything like that in OR.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had 22 points, for a while. I think its 4, its been at least year since i had to deal with this. (I have a shitty memory) but I do know that when you get one away they will send you a letter saying if you get one more they will suspend you for the hours of 12-6 in the morning then if you get another one (with in a year) then they suspend you for a month then if you get another you get suspend for a year. Went threw that a couple times... Call the Dmv and ask them about it.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its 3 major offenses in 1 year you are considered at risk and will get a temp suspention i think its 30 days. where you can only drive to and from work durring certain times of the day.. after that if you get another ticket within another time frame it goes up from there.. leading up to 1 year suspended..

i had it happen 2 years ago when i had 2 tickets for 80 and 85 in 55 and 3rd.. 70 in 50.. damn oregon laws suck.. we should adapt montanas speeding laws..