Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

2011 spring meet in WA

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2011 spring meet in WA

it just depends on the person. I like going fast and looking good doing it. Yes the face of people realizing that an ugly *** piece of **** just smashed on them is classic, but since I'm not smashing on people all that often, i'd rather not get the laughs and shrugs. I like the thumbs up and head nods more though
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant smash on ppl, when its slow
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProjectLSVTEG
I'd rather go fast and look good doing it than just going fast or looking good...

problem is when people get to far into making something good, they never really go fast..
Old 12-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gringotegra
problem is when people get to far into making something good, they never really go fast..
this isn't true, Andy's yellow hatch looks awesome and is also really fast, that's a perfect example. There is also a fully caged ek hatch in lynnwood that looks really nice from the outside, new paint, jdm lips, wheels, side markers, wing, that sorta stuff, but it runs low 10's and he drives it daily.
if you keep your priorities right, budget yourself, and stick to what you want to do and don't get side-tracked, you can have a very fast car with a nice stock/jdm outside. there are plenty of them out there
Old 12-31-2010, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so when is this big meet gonna be? me and my group Family 360 are definitely down to come...
Old 12-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JaysHatcH
this isn't true, Andy's yellow hatch looks awesome and is also really fast, that's a perfect example. There is also a fully caged ek hatch in lynnwood that looks really nice from the outside, new paint, jdm lips, wheels, side markers, wing, that sorta stuff, but it runs low 10's and he drives it daily.
if you keep your priorities right, budget yourself, and stick to what you want to do and don't get side-tracked, you can have a very fast car with a nice stock/jdm outside. there are plenty of them out there

What i mean is, very few people actually go to the track...People build these really cool badass cars that NEVER see the track.. track being anything from an autox/drag strip or circle track... The 2 people you are talking about built their cars to go fast before making them look good..i think the red ek you are talking about is Zol's, which runs 9's but it isnt a DAILY.. he drives it every once in a while but its not a daily.... The guys im talking about are the ones that want to look good, sit low and hardpark... I just like the Clean stock look.. no jdm here.. to much of that around already...
Old 12-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^oh, guess I've just seen him around enough I assumed it was his daily. Well, I just thought we were talking about street fast and the occasional track car, not a full blown track car. my drag car looked like ***, but than again, it wasn't street legal so it didn't matter. Well, you can have a fully functional, Daily driven car that does low double digits down the track and also looks stock or clean jdm. with todays market, both function and forum are easily acheviable with a reasonable budget.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^A reasonable budget and a little brain power I see morons all the time still rocking the $30 spoilers from schucks... but then again MT is about 10 years behind the curve.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like to go fast and look good doing as well. And my car is my daily and I take it to the track...and I'm a girl...so that's gotta say something, lol. I just prioritize what I wanna buy. One time I'll buy something for the exterior, then the motor, then the interior...I am about working on ALL aspects of my car...not just focusing on one thing. It's been working great for me. Lol.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JaysHatcH
^^oh, guess I've just seen him around enough I assumed it was his daily. Well, I just thought we were talking about street fast and the occasional track car, not a full blown track car. my drag car looked like ***, but than again, it wasn't street legal so it didn't matter. Well, you can have a fully functional, Daily driven car that does low double digits down the track and also looks stock or clean jdm. with todays market, both function and forum are easily acheviable with a reasonable budget.
It is easily achievable, but im a cheap *** so my Rotas are staying on there lol....

everyones take on "looking good" are different ya know? somepeople think a car with a ton of cardnals and jdm **** looks good.. some people think the low offset wheels that stick out kinda like low riders is cool.. some people think the whole rusted hood thing is cool too.. i hate all of them lol.... the "Clean" yes simple with small details here and there are cool to me.. but like i said everyone is different...
Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi!

Build your car the way you want it and don't care what others think.

I could give two poop's worth what a stranger can say about my car because I paid for it with my own cash money, pay for my insurance, pay for my gas,, and most of all I own it.

So therefore, I won't say anything good or bad about your car because it's none of my business.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i do things to my car the way I want it to be and not the way that some one else wants it to be if it looks good to me thats all that matters they dont see it everyday im not trying to impress anyone with my car just trying to impress myself
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by khaesaechao
i do things to my car the way I want it to be and not the way that some one else wants it to be if it looks good to me thats all that matters they dont see it everyday im not trying to impress anyone with my car just trying to impress myself
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright IHEARTMYCIVIC, it's January, what info can you give us? I know you said your still figuring a few things out, but if there is any info that is set in stone yet can you give us some updates? this thread got a little off track lol
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/northwest-85/official-2011-northwest-annual-spring-meet-wa-2880702/

spread the word