Notices

***** Official NorCal Shop Information/Reviews......*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***** Official NorCal Shop Information/Reviews......*****

anyone know if redstone in mtn view is still around? I called them a couple times with no answer. its been a few yrs since i been there, but they were cool guys so id like to get some work done there.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now offers Dyno tuning!!!!!!!!

Its official we now offer dyno tuning in house via Dynojet 22x capable of reading up to 1200 hp!!! call for pricing.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Now offers Dyno tuning!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by HYBRIDWORKS
Its official we now offer dyno tuning in house via Dynojet 22x capable of reading up to 1200 hp!!! call for pricing.
to hybridworks ask for darren tell him linh from n1 sent yall
Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM TunerStore
Location Nor-Cal
Contact - - admin@jdmstunerstore.com
Website www.jdmtunerstore.com (under construction)
Online Sales Only
http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2788527
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well,

I'm kinda of done with my car. I wouldn't say I'm bitter about it, but I feel It was wasted money but It provided memeory for a long time, so hopefully my review is helpful to others.

I have been doing this for about 8 years with the same car. My 2000 Honda Civic

DNR did my auto to manually swap, they did a ok job, did what i asked. It worked, it was a custom job and it was priced right. Was it the best job in the world? It worked it wasn't pretty and custo
I have been on the DNR dyno, but never tuned just to do #'s. Cool shop very kick back.

I have used Redzone to build my motors, 1st one throw a bearing. Second one is being sold. I have really bad luck with car, but when you are dealing with high horse power cars things tend to brake. Redzone does a good job, they are just not the fastest shop in the world, but if you want quality work it's worth the wait. Redzone is just so busy with the amount of work the turn around time isn't the best. But they do good work and are nice people. They tune well as well.

I'm a big fan of Spoolin Performance by Phil, He is super nice and really goes above and beyond the call. If i ever get back into cars, he will be my guy. The things he has made for me still work till this day, he work quality is great. You pay for the workmanship with him, well worth it.

Motorsport in Hayward tho, I started with them, they are very pricey for parts and labor.
They did help me when my ECU harness blew out.
My car got keyed in there lot, they just said sorry and they had no control over that. They didn't even offer to fix it for me, It was ****ed up huge gash I still have to this day. Happen the 2nd day I got the car out of paint.

Dyno Spot Has a nice dyno

Modacar has a nice dyno place that I have used.

Most shops have been good to me, if your going to pay for someone to do your labor you should make a relationship with the place. Tell them what you want done. Agree on a time to get the job completed. If it's not completed in the agreed time thee shop should make up for it as in $ off. Or something else. Make sure that the work is done correctly, but you can't get mad if **** goes wrong. Your are modifying a perfectly working car and this is a very very very very expensive hobby. You got to pay to play.

I'm just glad I got over this stuff otherwise I would be a very poor man. But I won't lie I still like working on cars and modding car. One day when I get a better job I might go back into it. It's all just a learning process.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know a place in SF or bay area that can help me make custom rails for my aftermarket seats?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody tune with Tech3? i'm looking for a really good tuner somewhat close to me. 'im coming from Hollister. my setup is a sleeved fully built ls/vtec. Precision 6262 billet, ID 1000cc inj etc etc..running Hondata S200b. i want to run off wastegate. 17lb spring.

any recommendations??
Old 12-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im in sac lookin to get a block rebuilt all oem were cold i turn to thanks?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Icon3 Re: ***** Official NorCal Shop Information/Reviews......*****

Tech3 :thumbsup:

RedZone :thumbsdown:

It took RedZone over 6 months to build my bottom end and it knocked the day I put it in. No help at all, nothing but months of unreturned phone calls and "They guy who built your motor doesn't work here anymore". I don't remember paying Jeremy to build my block, I paid RedZone. They completely destroyed my engine, not to mention breaking the GSR fuel rail and replacing it with an LS. How do you treat an engine with such carelessness that you break parts off? I was out $2600 and my car was dead for over a year.

Tech3 just rebuilt my block. Took about 2-3 weeks and it runs perfectly. They even called to see how the new engine was doing.

I would never suggest RedZone to any friend of mine, ever again.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone have any updated info on these places? im trynna decide on a shop to build my head, and from what ive been reading redzone has kinda fallen off since jeremy left...any one have any recent experience with tech3, dsr or others?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member