Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northern-california-86/)
-   -   So how was WekFest? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northern-california-86/so-how-wekfest-3028761/)

Jason P 02-18-2012 08:08 PM

delete this thing

whats the plan tomorrow for wekfest? lol
i didnt see a thread for people mobbin out together.
whats gooooood?

Token Blk Guy 02-20-2012 07:17 AM

Re: So how was WekFest?

So peeps how was it? I had to attend a funeral due to a death in the family so I ouldnt make it!

m_shake 02-20-2012 07:49 AM

Got in line at 11am, said **** this at about 2:30, so we all left and got dim sum instead. I would have figured they would stream line this after how crazy it was last year, but no even worse. Gates to show were supposed to open at 1 but didnt until like 2, but since soo many twats were cutting in line, the line never would move even when they kept letting people in. My friend who got in line an HOUR before me, didnt get in show till a lil after 4pm...wekfest indeed...

Jason P 02-20-2012 02:17 PM

wth that title wasnt my original post title...someone changed it!

firemanG 02-20-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by m_shake (Post 46893541)
Got in line at 11am, said **** this at about 2:30, so we all left and got dim sum instead. I would have figured they would stream line this after how crazy it was last year, but no even worse. Gates to show were supposed to open at 1 but didnt until like 2, but since soo many twats were cutting in line, the line never would move even when they kept letting people in. My friend who got in line an HOUR before me, didnt get in show till a lil after 4pm...wekfest indeed...

Lol daaam!! I can't even stand to wait in line that long! Online coverage is good enough for me :thumbup:

Token Blk Guy 02-20-2012 03:21 PM

Damn that event sounds like it needs to move to a bigger location.. Jesus!

Originally Posted by Jason P (Post 46895732)
wth that title wasnt my original post title...someone changed it!

Jason I did. I deleted your other thread and made this since there was no point of having two of the same threads. Figured people could talk about it here.

If you would like i can delete this one as well..

m_shake 02-21-2012 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by firemanG (Post 46895762)
Lol daaam!! I can't even stand to wait in line that long! Online coverage is good enough for me :thumbup:

That's what figured, just look at it online. And they didn't get our $100:) (5 people group) Probably not going next year, just don't see the point of getting to a show 3 hours early only to have the gate open an hour behind schedule and have to wait over another hour just get in another line.

dro916 02-21-2012 12:28 PM

Waste of time.

dragon909boi 02-21-2012 01:12 PM

damn u guys serious? it wasnt worth it? me n a buddy were trying to drive up north....we from SoCal to this meet....... we thought it was going to be a good meet like the eibach meets

m_shake 02-21-2012 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by dragon909boi (Post 46901834)
damn u guys serious? it wasnt worth it? me n a buddy were trying to drive up north....we from SoCal to this meet....... we thought it was going to be a good meet like the eibach meets

Oh i'm sure it was cool..........once you got IN the show...does eibach meet have a 3-5 hour wait?? If not that offsets the 7+hour drive i'd have to get there lmfao

kreativekvs209 02-21-2012 03:27 PM

yeah i was in line for an hour and a half to realized that the i wasn't even half way there. me my wife and my baby. then i thought hold up . wait a minute. if this was anything like the j's gathering and the wekfest at japan town.. then no it wasn't worth the wait. let's check out other big " shows " and compare like for example... hot imort nights. or hot import daze.
wekfest have reg cars and better cars. so do hin.
wekfest have bboys comps. so do hin.
hin have concerts with calebs. ( last time i went years ago they had chamillionaire )
wekfest have acouple of dj's
hin have dozens of to name models such as francine dee . tyla taqeirdo. and what not.
wekfest have acouple and allot of local girls that you would see around your town.
hin have 100's of sponsors and hella free shit.. like posters, keychains, and tshirts.
wekfest you'll be lucky to get a free picture with a model.
hin normally have their gatherings in a facilities made for 1000's of ppl.
wekfest have gatherings in a parking building which is the only parking complex within a 10 block radius
hin are full of politics and scandels..
wekfest are a group of ppl that threw some shit together and shit back and say wow look at all the dumb ppl who came out to see cars that they can see at local meets. lol

bottom line is that ..wekfest/ js' gatherings are over glorified car meets that someone is charging ppl money to come see.
I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S SUPER COOL. and there''s allot of cool cars there.. but would i wait in line acouple hours to pay $20 to get in.. i dont think so.. count me out of the next one.. unless they book a better location like a fairground somewhere....

m_shake 02-21-2012 04:01 PM

It was funny when damn near the entire crowd was flipping the bird and booing, i lol'd and was waitng for riot to start haha

iHEARTMYCiViC 02-21-2012 07:56 PM

Lol glad I didn't go. Does anyone know if the long each wekfest is much more efficient and managable?

stwokay 02-22-2012 04:03 PM

Wekfest is stupid, you would think after all these years, they would have figured out how to get people in more efficiently. Why don't they just presale tickets online? It's all hype...based on the pictures, it's mainly the same cars over and over.

guess_who 02-22-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by stwokay (Post 46909429)
Wekfest is stupid, you would think after all these years, they would have figured out how to get people in more efficiently. Why don't they just presale tickets online? It's all hype...based on the pictures, it's mainly the same cars over and over.

:thumbup::thumbup:
I chilled at home and drank some beers and looked at the pictures online. The lines are sooo poorly managed. Makes me wanna murder someone!

izzles01 02-22-2012 10:13 PM

I was in hospital so had no choice to stay home..... But I will say Congrats to Eddie and his turbo S2000 He won 1st in s2000 class......EngiNetiks repping 100%!!!!!!!!!

THING 1 02-23-2012 05:57 AM

LOL at you people complaining about the line. There is a reason for that line.. its because it is worth it. I was in the show for the first tiem the past two years I was also standing in line and I would do it again in a heart beat. There is no show that compares to wek fest san francisco plain and simple. The reason the doors opened behind schedule was because of fire martial stuff from what I was told not because they thought it would be cool to open late.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7036/6...955b6f44_b.jpg

m_shake 02-23-2012 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by THING 1 (Post 46912407)
LOL at you people complaining about the line. There is a reason for that line.. its because it is worth it. I was in the show for the first tiem the past two years I was also standing in line and I would do it again in a heart beat. There is no show that compares to wek fest san francisco plain and simple. The reason the doors opened behind schedule was because of fire martial stuff from what I was told not because they thought it would be cool to open late.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7036/6...955b6f44_b.jpg

This would have been my 4th year going had I made it in, it's always a good show but I just couldn't hang in line anymore

mish__ 02-23-2012 05:07 PM

waiting for HIN @ san mateo. have been waiting for a while.
thought i'd check out wekfest, but this year really turned me off.
i don't care about the few people going "it's worth the line"... that's no excuse for lack of management. i'm pretty sure wekfest makes plenty of money to go through a bigger venue or to handle the line, etc.

ferio252 02-25-2012 07:55 PM

A little video I made. Amateur footage here =)

http://vimeo.com/37446607

CHIAMX 02-25-2012 08:02 PM

shot with a red epic
http://vimeo.com/37410423

ferio252 02-25-2012 10:16 PM

^ Yes! There video is so amazing. So much emotion.