Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northern-california-86/)
-   -   sacramento state reff station (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northern-california-86/sacramento-state-reff-station-3015000/)

whitehf 01-08-2012 07:32 PM

sacramento state reff station

does anyone know the process of sacramento's state reff station? i heard that all they do is a visual check and then they print you out a certificate and you can get it smogged at a regular smog station...i know that @ modesto's state reff station, they do everything @ the college there..can someone please confirm..(sorry if im in the wrong forums)

mygoldeneg 01-08-2012 07:34 PM

Re: sacramento state reff station

nope back to smogging at the ref stations again all of them

VTECinWOT 01-08-2012 09:50 PM

I got a state ref ticket for smog device or something like that and i never called the number they put on back of my ticket. i never state ref my car and 3 months later i went to court and plead no contest and paid $75...
Anybody know if i still have to state ref my car?

whitehf 01-09-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by VTECinWOT (Post 46647024)
I got a state ref ticket for smog device or something like that and i never called the number they put on back of my ticket. i never state ref my car and 3 months later i went to court and plead no contest and paid $75...

i had the same problem 3 years ago, got written up for an intake, paid the fee and sold the car...not sure if you still need to ref though...

og asr 01-10-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by VTECinWOT (Post 46647024)

No...you don't need to state ref your car. I did the same thing....and 4 years later....still getting my car registered like normal.

NOOdS 01-12-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by mygoldeneg (Post 46646394)
nope back to smogging at the ref stations again all of them

when and how did you get that info?

i got mine barred in 2009, no smog at the reff station on florin rd.

sanchoem1 01-13-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by NOOdS (Post 46670400)

The rules change all the time. Currently they are smogging cars and allowing you to ref jdm engines(with usdm emissions components). I spoke to the ref about it roughly two months ago so it could have already changed.

Projekt_ED3 02-01-2012 12:50 PM

My boy just went last Friday and they are still letting jdm engines pass with California emissions standards. No jumper harnesses still and they are still doing smog at the station.

j0nb0n 03-10-2012 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by NOOdS (Post 46670400)

i got my ef ref'd at the florin road center like august of last year... and yes, it was smogged on the spot... rules changes all the time