Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

Redzone Performance Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redzone Performance Review

Got my car tuned at RZ today. Met Jeremy for the first time. What a character. He is definitely a great tuner like everyone has spoken about, friendly and quite knowledgeable ... ****, he made my AF line looked straight across to the naked eye. The aftermath on 7psi = 251 whp, 185 torque. Yeah I know it's not much compare to some of you guys on here but it's plenty power for me.

On another note, I got a chance to meet Mr. Spoolin ( Phil D ) himself. Yeah, in the past I made some comments about how his stuff is overpriced but once I was finally there I was able to see how dope his shiet was. Yeah you might pay a reasonable premium, but sometimes you gotta pay to play, and his manifolds, welds, and piping look great. He uses quality materials, and his products are show quality, not no Chinese ****. Phil, we will be in touch next week for my dumptube. I'm glad we cleared things up.

You guys just earned yourself another customer, Thanks.

- Jerry
Old 08-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Redzone Performance Review

REDZONE FTR. Got my swap over there and car runs like a champ.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I had a honda, redzone would be my one stop shop! A+!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Redzone
Old 08-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fishieman

Got my car tuned at RZ today. Met Jeremy for the first time. What a character. He is definitely a great tuner like everyone has spoken about, friendly and quite knowledgeable ... ****, he made my AF line looked straight across to the naked eye. The aftermath on 7psi = 251 whp, 185 torque. Yeah I know it's not much compare to some of you guys on here but it's plenty power for me.

On another note, I got a chance to meet Mr. Spoolin ( Phil D ) himself. Yeah, in the past I made some comments about how his stuff is overpriced but once I was finally there I was able to see how dope his shiet was. Yeah you might pay a reasonable premium, but sometimes you gotta pay to play, and his manifolds, welds, and piping look great. He uses quality materials, and his products are show quality, not no Chinese ****. Phil, we will be in touch next week for my dumptube. I'm glad we cleared things up.

You guys just earned yourself another customer, Thanks.

- Jerry

yea i was there on monday and saw him make a manifold and dam he does some great quality work i saw his welds on the manifold and every single weld was a perfect bead and i saw jeremy tune a red dc and dam he can tune hes a cool *** dude answerd my questions about my motor overall nice *** people let us chill in the shop while he was tunin
Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 AM

Where do I start with how they ****ed my car:
1) P13 ecu in a gsr
2) Stolen H emblems
3) Left greasy parts on my carbon fiber hood that stripped off the clear coat
4) cracked carbon fiber hood
5) instead of rethreading slave cylinder bolts they simply glued the bolts into the stripped tranny and the fell out while driving.
6) forgot to wire vtec
7) all kinds of crap in brake and cluth resovoirs, which caused it to clog
8) installed a crap tranny that lasted 30 miles before it completly stopped working
9) nothing was holding the intake on and fell off while driving
10) kept saying it will be done next day, then it wouldn't, and everyday they came up with a different exscuse. 3weeks after they said it would be finished it finnally was.
11) all the wiring was done super ghetto and I had to rewire the entire car.

Overall these guys are lazy and care more about there track car than anything else. After they butchered my car I would not recomend this shop to anyone. I don't care how nice they were because my car was ****ed when I finnally got it back.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your post count does not make you credible at all, youve had 10 post since aug 2008? and this is one of them, why dont you post your car?, when they worked on it? , just listing off random stuff about a shop ive never seen any bad post about is pretty suspect. With 10 post seems like your just hear to bash a shop, i could be wrong though but you gotta post more proof than some random person that can come in and list off anything.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gant
your post count does not make you credible at all, youve had 10 post since aug 2008? and this is one of them, why dont you post your car?, when they worked on it? , just listing off random stuff about a shop ive never seen any bad post about is pretty suspect. With 10 post seems like your just hear to bash a shop, i could be wrong though but you gotta post more proof than some random person that can come in and list off anything.
you got a point ... some people come on here to hate.. i dont have many post but im on here... in the 916 sectiion ...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The guys at RedZone and Spoolin' will always get a from me.

Originally Posted by windex666
1) P13 ecu in a gsr
2) Stolen H emblems
3) Left greasy parts on my carbon fiber hood that stripped off the clear coat
4) cracked carbon fiber hood
5) instead of rethreading slave cylinder bolts they simply glued the bolts into the stripped tranny and the fell out while driving.
6) forgot to wire vtec
7) all kinds of crap in brake and cluth resovoirs, which caused it to clog
8) installed a crap tranny that lasted 30 miles before it completly stopped working
9) nothing was holding the intake on and fell off while driving
10) kept saying it will be done next day, then it wouldn't, and everyday they came up with a different exscuse. 3weeks after they said it would be finished it finnally was.

Overall these guys are lazy and care more about there track car than anything else. After they butchered my car I would not recomend this shop to anyone. I don't care how nice they were because my car was ****ed when I finnally got it back.
Hahahaha... You probably brought your POS to the RedZone that makes deoderant.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sukka650
yea i was there on monday and saw him make a manifold and dam he does some great quality work i saw his welds on the manifold and every single weld was a perfect bead and i saw jeremy tune a red dc and dam he can tune hes a cool *** dude answerd my questions about my motor overall nice *** people let us chill in the shop while he was tunin

HA i think that was my red Dc that Jeremy was tuning i had a starting/stalling problem and he re-tuned it on Monday the 17th i think.

we believed it was a tuning issue and dam if it wasn't.

the problem has been fixed since he re-tuned it.

i will always recommend RedZone i got my full performance build and trans build just done there.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how good are they on kswaps anyone knows?

have they ever dropped one in a 04/05?

looking for that in the future.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Redzone!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

windex666, go use some for yourself cus you ain't seeing stuff clearly as advertised bro.
--
I went to Redzone myself.
The Philipino guy with the hat was the first one I seen at RZ. He's a cool cat, he technically didn't show me around the garage but he didn't really mind when I checked out some of their work. It was all quality work that I saw coming out from two guys. Anyway, Jeremy showed up and chipped my ecu. Once he was done, he wasn't expecting me to pay and just leave. Instead of that, he wanted to see if the reprogrammed ecu was working properly. It took us a while to get it the way I wanted it but it was worth the time though.

to Redzone

-Evan
Old 08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

props to redzone for doin my swap.............................................. .................................................. ........

props to DNR for helpin me out

Last edited by 91 crx savage; 08-28-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windex666

Lets post up pics of the work red zone did for us.

AND ITS BARED. WE ALL KNOW HOW HARD THE REFS ARE SO REDZONE DID SOMTHING GOOD.

REDZONE ALL THE WAY