Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

NOR*CAL EF/DA MEET! ITS OFFICIAL!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NOR*CAL EF/DA MEET! ITS OFFICIAL!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey everyone here is the new thread for this years Classics/Domestics vs. JDM Imports meet I mentioned to many of you at the meet. Check it out and PM me your suggestions or questions.

http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?p=44721778#post44721778

http://forums.nwp4life.com/zeropost?id=46&cmd=fshow
Old 03-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT

California Bill to Require ANNUAL Emissions Tests for Vehicles 15-Years Old and Older Dies in Committee

Legislation (A.B. 859) in the California Assembly to require annual Smog check inspections for vehicles 15-years old and older was held in the Assembly Appropriations Committee and is essentially dead for the year. The bill would also have required that funds generated through the additional inspection fees be deposited into an account which could have been used to scrap older cars. Pre-1976 motor vehicles would have remained exempt under A.B. 859.
Thanks and congratulations to all of you who participated in this effort to defeat A.B. 859!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SEMAs California Exhaust Noise Testing Program Legislation Becomes Law - 2002

SEMA’s California Exhaust Noise Testing Program Legislation Becomes Law - 2002
Thanks to a new SEMA-sponsored law, California automobile hobbyists are now better equipped to fight unfair exhaust noise citations issued by state law enforcement officers. Legislation recently signed into law by Governor Gray Davis to provide for a statewide exhaust noise testing program will allow motorists to prove they comply with state noise standards.
The new law requires smog check stations that provide referee functions to perform the test. These referee stations will issue certificates of compliance for vehicles when tests of their exhaust systems demonstrate that they emit no more than 95-decibels, under Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) test procedure J1169. Only those vehicles that have received a citation for an exhaust noise violation will be permitted to submit their vehicle for the test.
The law also allows courts to dismiss citations for exhaust systems that have been tested and for which a certificate of compliance has been issued. Fees charged to motorists for the certificates of compliance will pay for the testing program.

“The new law forces compliance with an objectively measured standard in a fair and predictable test. Through this procedure, motorists who drive vehicles legally equipped with modified exhaust systems can confirm that they comply with California’s exhaust noise standards,” said SEMA Director of Government Affairs Steve McDonald. “For years, the enforcement policy used by police officers deemed nearly all exhaust system modifications illegal, even where the noise levels were not excessive or unusual. That policy left exhaust system manufacturers, dealers and their customers without recourse.”

Last year, Governor Davis signed into law another SEMA-sponsored bill to compel law enforcement officials to tie exhaust system noise citations to the 95-decibel limit and to make clear that aftermarket modified exhaust systems are legal if they comply with the standard. However, exhaust noise citations were still primarily prosecuted solely based on the officer's subjective judgment. The new law should go far toward improving motorists’ odds of beating the ticket in court.
“Motorists who modify their vehicles for durability, appearance and performance prefer aftermarket exhaust systems,” McDonald added. “By establishing this evenhanded testing process, this law will serve to benefit consumers who favor these state-of-the-art products, the aftermarket industry which markets them and even police officers who are charged with enforcing the law.”
Old 03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just something to keep in mind that we still have rights..
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

California Car Hobbyists Achieve 30-Year Rolling Emissions Testing Exemption - 1997

Car hobbyists and related businesses scored a major victory when California Governor Pete Wilson signed SEMA-supported legislation into law last week. The new law (S.B. 42) will exempt older vehicles, including most "muscle cars," from the state's mandatory emission inspection program, moving the current 1965 exemption cutoff forward to include all pre-1974 vehicles.
Sponsored by Senator Quentin Kopp, the bill exempts all pre-1974 vehicles from the obligations of the biennial emissions inspection until the year 2003. After 2003, vehicles 30 years old and older will not require an inspection. The exemption applies to inspections required upon transfer of ownership and upon registration of a vehicle previously registered outside the state.
The legislation reflects the finding of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) that most vehicles over 25 years old are driven few miles each year and represent a small segment of California's total registered vehicle population. Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) President Chuck Blum commented, "We are pleased Governor Wilson has recognized the waste and inefficiency of inspecting older vehicles. S.B. 42 represents major relief for vehicle enthusiasts throughout California and should serve as a model for state legislatures around the country."

I wonder if our EF's will someday be exempt from smog..
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whens the next ef vs da meet?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

doubt the guys are gonna do another ef vs da meet last time i heard he was done with meets and shows.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i always went to these meets but never brought my ef
Old 03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bring both! Just kidding, yeah as of now... Not sure if there's going to be one yet. perhaps well know by May or June. Well hope u can make it to the other meet in Livermore @ Cornerstone. I just spoke to one of our members and we have a attendance commitment from his Lamborghini club.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I think the EF vs. DA meet may not happen this year because of the stress it took to get it together, heard that Vlad may get something together...

If some of you appreciate Exotics and Classics, there is an event in Blackhawk which I'll be attending to promote our meet in Livermore on July 9th.

http://livermore.cornerstoneweb.org/...smen/Rimz.aspx

This event is next week. Hope you can come an join us.

http://www.luxury4play.com/west/7846...ckhawk-ca.html

“AUTOS ON THE PLAZA” Blackhawk CA

WE CELIBRATE THE PRESENT AND FUTURE OF AUTOMOBILE PREFORMANCE AND DESIGN, WHILE HONORING THE PAST WITH BLACKHAWK AUTO MUSEUM. MOGULAIRE CONCOURS WELCOMES AUTO ENTHUSIASTS OF ALL AGES TO COME AND ENJOY A COLLECTION OF LOCALLY OWNED AUTOMOBILES FROM 1949-2011. BRING YOUR OWN PIECE OF HISTORY TO DISPLAY BY REGERSTERING ONLINE AT ERIC.PESTANA@MOGULAIRE.COM OR CALLING ERIC PESTANA AT (510) 329-8797. ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION ARE FREE. THIS EVENT WILL BE HOSTING AUTOMOBILES FROM OVER 6 DECADES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.

SATURDAY MAY 28, 2011 BLACKHAWK PLAZA

TIME 10AM-2pm

--------SHOW DETAILS---------

Set-Up Times: 8:00-9:30am Showtimes: 10:00am - 2:00pm

Admission / Registration: FREE

To register an automobile contact Eric Pestana at eric.pestana@mogulaire.com or call (510) 329-8797.

"Reach for the stars. If you come up short your still walking on the moon".
Old 05-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just an updated links to the next upcoming event for 2011.

Hey everyone here is the new thread for this years Classics/Domestics vs. JDM Imports, and we've just included Exotics from L4P. I mentioned to many of you at the meet and as promised here is the main two links. Check it out and PM me your other suggestions or questions. Thanks

We will be raffling off a 59' Rambler Hotrod to benefit Shepherd's Gate, a non-profit organization that helps Battered women and children.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/northern-california-86/classic-domestic-vs-import-meet-livermore-july-9th-2011-a-2901772/

http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=21301

Free Registration and further information found here.

http://livermore.cornerstoneweb.org/...smen/Rimz.aspx

Last edited by VBtoons; 05-23-2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: modified
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check it out, if anyone is interested... Huge EF meet in Germany.. from Buggs

http://www.ee-meeting.de/v2/
Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for the NORCAL JUNKIES... ima try and make this if the funds are right
Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VBtoons
Check it out, if anyone is interested... Huge EF meet in Germany.. from Buggs

http://www.ee-meeting.de/v2/
I heard about this meet. That would be cool have a big ef meet and take it to the track and race.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Slammed DA9, I'll look into something like that for the future and see what it takes to possibly make it happen. I have a friend who has a performance driving school so I'll ask him.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As the event draws closer I'd like to cordially invite you and the rest of your crew out to our Classic meet at our Livermore Church Campus parking lot... your support will be very much appreciated. Here is the link in which you can share with your co-workers and friends to come help represent for the JDM, Euro and Exotic genre for our 5th Annual Classic show in which we're including other genres who also are enthusiastic about our passions.

and this is the link to our Event free preregistration. The 59' Rambler hotrod which we're raffling off will be on display at the event. I'll be at the Registration table.

NEW REDESIGNED EVENT WEBSITE.
http://cornerstoneweb.org/events/view/rimz-ribz-2011/

Mahalo!

I'm working on a Plot map for the event so I'll have that posted asap.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

every time i see up this thread up in my subscription, i think the efvda is coming up...why do you bump this thread for a different meet??
Old 07-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Huge ef meet in Downey July 31st it's gonna be over 120 EF's alot of magazine cars too bring ur cameras
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same day as my nephews 1st bday..
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Vlad for the heads up.. sounds like its going to be fun.. I wish I can go as my wife and I will be back in Oahu by then. Can't wait to see pics from the thread! Hope some of ya' can make it next week. I think it'll be a scorcher!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by My_EFsedan
every time i see up this thread up in my subscription, i think the efvda is coming up...why do you bump this thread for a different meet??
For reals...