Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

Mutineer Magazine Holiday Comedy Festival - Sonoma - Dec 11

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
AIRBORNE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mutineer Magazine Holiday Comedy Festival - Sonoma - Dec 11

*This IS a charity event with all funds from the event going to the charity listed below*

Hey everyone. I've never posted in this regional forum as I'm pretty new to the area. But for those of you that know me, you know that I own a beverage magazine (linked in my sig). We're a nationally distributed fine beverage magazine and cover beer, wine, spirits, and anything else you can drink.

We've been supporting a charity called A Child's Right for a while now and what they do is install water filtration systems for at-risk children in developing countries. With this comedy festival (and a much more expensive dinner the night before), we plan to purchase 5 water filtration systems, take our crew and 15 beverage industry influencers to Nepal, and install them ... and we'll provide 25,000 kids clear water for the next 10 years. And yes, Dos Equis' The Most Interesting Man in the World will be there with us. With that said, here is the official info for the event:

Don Roberto Tequila presents the Mutineer Magazine Holiday Comedy Festival at Jacuzzi Family Vineyards in beautiful Sonoma, CA. This December 11, join Mutineer Magazine and top Los Angeles stand-up comedians for an evening of spectacular holiday-fueled comedy and delicious fine beverages in support of global water relief through A Child's Right. Hosted by comedian Ben Morrison with special guest Jonathan Goldsmith, the face of Dos Equis, best known as "The Most Interesting Man In The World". Comedy headliners include Natasha Leggero of "Last Comic Standing", "Reno 911", and "Chelsea Lately on E!", and Bryan Callen of "The Hangover", "Entourage", and as an original cast member of MadTV. Other comedians include Ben Gleib, Greg Wilson, and Daryl Wright. ALL proceeds will go to A Child's Right.

Mutineer Magazine has been working closely with A Child's Right since early 2009, and publishes a column by A Child’s Right Executive Director Eric Stowe in each issue in addition to full story features and other special fundraising and awareness projects. In April 2011, Mutineer will take a group of 15 cultural influencers and beverage industry representatives to Kathmandu, Nepal to install five water filtration systems purchased with raised funds, which will provide water to 25,000 children for ten years.

When millennial-run Mutineer Magazine descends on Sonoma this winter, it will be to throw one of its legendary red carpet-style events. Except at this one - the first ever Mutineer Magazine Holiday Comedy Festival benefitting water relief - Mutineer will be trading the red carpet for a blue one and transforming Jacuzzi Family Vineyards into an azure winter playground as part of what 27-year-old Editor-in-Chief Alan Kropf calls "total aesthetic takeover."

Performing against this fantastical blue backdrop (blue for water relief, naturally!)? An all-star lineup of comedians and special guests, no shortage of Hollywood-style glamour, and outstanding libations from some of the finest names in beverage. It's all in line with the publications reputation for pushing boundaries and exceeding expectations when drinks and lifestyle experiences collide, and looks to be one of the wildest nights wine country will see this side of 2011.

--------------

For anyone in the area and nothing to do on that date, we would love to have you in attendance. It will be a great time.

December 11th, 7pm-11:30pm - $35 per person (all going to A Child's Right) and 21+ only, sorry. There will be local food trucks available too.

For complete information on the event and to purchase tickets, visit our website: http://www.mutineermagazine.com/comedy

I really do hope to see some of you there. If any of you know IGGY on here, he's with our crew and will be there as well!

Cheers -

Brian

Mods, if this unacceptable to post, please let me know. I can provide any proof necessary.

Last edited by Odiedogcx; 12-02-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mutineer Magazine Holiday Comedy Festival - Sonoma - Dec 11

hmm hella cool!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
AIRBORNE

Here is a video invite for the $350 per plate dinner going on the night prior, December 10th, but I wanted to share it with you because it talks about A Child's Right and gives you some more information about it and a little bit about us as well. The footage was from a trip they took to Nepal earlier in the year. I don't necessarily expect anyone to make it to the dinner, but we have event going on both Friday and Saturday, with the Mutineer Magazine Holiday Comedy Festival being on Saturday. That's my brother speaking.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Brian Man thats a moving video. Glad to see how far you guys have come with Mutineer Magazine since its inception, looks like great things are happeneing. I have to work that day in SF and then meeting two clients in the vacaville and Petaluma area maybe I can get them to head that way for the comedy show.

Dont worry about the post.. Things like this should have the word spread about them.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM
AIRBORNE

Agreed Ev, it's a GREAT organization. Here is the video I was going to show, but I couldn't get it to embed. Pretty moving as well and you really get to see what they do, without anything about our events: http://vimeo.com/15163627

I know you're a busy man, so no worries. If you know of anyone in the area who this might be their thing, please spread the word!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 AM
LEGO Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for a good guy, an awesome magazine and a great cause!!

Unfortunately, I have a holiday party to go to that night in Vallejo Brian, but Goodmluck with the event!!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM
AIRBORNE

Thanks Zack! No worries man, I appreciate the kind words
Old 12-13-2010, 12:38 PM
AIRBORNE

What an amazing weekend.

A few pics (iPhone, quality sucks)

Mr. Jonathan Goldsmith (aka The Most Interesting man in the World), his wife, and Mr. John Jordan, owner of Jordan Vineyards and Winery, who hosted our Blue Carpet Dinner for Water Relief on Friday night. These people know how to throw a party. An awesome reception, an INCREDIBLE dinner (lobster, crab, caviar, wagyu beef spare ribs, etc), killer wine, and the after party was insane. Music, cigars, open bar of great drinks, etc.

The dinner in their oak tank room:

The next day was the comedy festival. Here's a very poor picture, I was manning the spotlight way in back and it didn't turn out very well. This was our host, Ben Morrison, who was Ashton Kutcher's right hand man on the final season of Punk'd.

Natasha Leggero, one of our headliners, who has been on a million different shows and was a judge on Last Comic Standing:

I again got to hang out with The Most Interesting Man in the World and drove him to the event ... and apparently I went the very scenic route and doubled the hour trip to 2 hours .. he wasn't very happy about that, i felt terrible about it cause he's a REALLY cool guy.

The comedy show and venue was AMAZING though. It was hilarious. We'll be back next year, hopefully we can get some of you out there!