Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

Moving from the east coast to the bay area.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving from the east coast to the bay area.

Im Sonz, I just wanted to introduce myself i guess since ill be in the area by the end of February it seems. Most likely i will be all roaming all over the state pretty often as my Wife has family all over California.

Ive been to California maybe twice and i visited San Jose, L.A., Stockton, Fremont, Richmond, and a few other cities. I didn't do much but the usual clubs and eating out really as this was maybe 5 or so years ago. I have grown out of the "party phase" if you will, so that is out of the question lol.

Along with myself, it will be my 2 year old son, and my wife. Just curious as to what activities i should look into that are family friendly? In the east coast, we usually drive out every weekend to do things. Hike, sight see, ski and snowboard (since its winter now), basically anything outdoors we love. My son is very active (i guess thats why they call it the terrible two?) also. I plan to purchase a motorcycle as soon as we settle down also as I love tearing through some twisty roads (i am sure there are a lot of them out west?).

Also, i know about theft, but just how bad is it? I mean, u just gotta be a step ahead of the thief basically. Thats how i got away from ever getting one of my cars stolen..

Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sonz
Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moving from the east coast to the bay area.

yea alot of twistys and nice roads, ocean and santa cruz, SF are good places to hangout at. http://www.bayarearidersforum.com thats the good bike forum also if your into bikes over here my sn on there is cbrfun
Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bay area is pretty broad so not exactly sure where we are talking here. Theft is as bad as they say, especially in an area like richmond and SJ. Fun stuff to do if you are here in San Francisco though there are always events going on and sights to see. Have fun!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wat did you do in richmond lol
Old 01-31-2011, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and in stockton? haha but hope u enjoy your self when u move here it isnt that bad but make sure to have a good i mean GREAT security system on ur car and there's plenty to do here u can basically do it all in cali
Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

A good site to check out frisco and surrounding bay area happenings is
www.sfstation.com

Youl could always move to sacramento.. Close to the bay without the Bay Area Drama
Old 01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Most people will bash on sac, but I actually enjoyed it and once I'm done with school I want to move back! Lol
Old 02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Sac's legit, its quiet, not much going on but for me its chill. When I want all the bay area feel I can go and then come back. My house is costing me 60% less that what it would cost me in the bay and I dont have to deal with that BS 101/680/580 traffic..
I would say its closer to half moon bay and that area is win...

Everything you could possibly want is here...

Sonz to combat theft get a garage and put your beast in there.. as for outoor stuff. Man I could be here all day going over that. If you like snowboarding you'll love Tahoe... I frequent there pretty much every weekend.

Here is sac we have a pretty huge H-T meet called the Lollicup end of summer/begining of summer meet. Byt you get out here and situated you'll be ready for the begining of summer meet.. lots of cars and good people...

As for motorcycle, there are a **** ton of roads here. Mt. Saratoga aka route 9 will be your best friend when you get out here.... or pretty much any road toward the coast!!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you're asian, just yelp all the vietnamese food in Fremont/Milpitas and San Jose Lake Tahoe is a good for skiing/snowboarding during winter season. Since spring/summer is coming up, you guys can always explore the Monterey Bay, go to the old fisherman's pier it's fun, and take highway 1! There's the big sur down there, that's a nice part of the pacific coast highway, as well as 1 from half moon bay to santa cruz. Hiking and stuff there's Yosemite! Great spot to camp at. SF of course is nice - the pier, union square, chinatown, etc. If you like beaches there's the Santa Cruz Boardwalk! (I'm a student at UC santa cruz actually haha), there's also amusement parks - down in socal there's Disneyland, here we have Great America (it's alright I guess, not as good as disneyland of course but you'll definitely have some fun on the rollercoasters) and I believe there's a water park in Concord. Enjoy the bay! And don't forget to hit up Santana Row when you're in San Jose
Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cycling is pretty big here as well as cyclocross, if you also enjoy the great outdoor and enjoy hiking and photography... we've got enough national parks with adventures and great views. If your family is pretty adventurous you can also hit different grade of rapids. Well, that's my input and welcome to California!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info everyone..

We have family in the cities i mentioned. Thats why i visited those areas i mentioned..
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Token Blk Guy
A good site to check out frisco and surrounding bay area happenings is
www.sfstation.com

Youl could always move to sacramento.. Close to the bay without the Bay Area Drama
thanks for the link!