Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

Major burglary in San Jose (bikes and hot rods stolen)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major burglary in San Jose (bikes and hot rods stolen)

From another forum. http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=330526

My son and daughter-in-law are heavily involved in the hot-rod scene here and a good friend of theirs owns a shop called KoolcatKustoms. His shop was burglarized last week, and they pretty much stripped the place bare. Here's an email from my daughter-in-law describing the crime:

Quote:
A good friend of mine, Johnny Koonce, Owner of Kool Cat Kustoms of San Jose, CA and Sponsor of Booze Broads & Hotrods, had EVERYTHING stolen from his shop on Easter Sunday.

What was taken?

A customer's 1963 Buick Riviera, completely stock, fairly new white paint w/ a rebuilt 425 cid Nailhead in it.

Johnny's Harley w/ custom 93" engine in it and everything on it was custom, from fenders to pipes to seat.

Another customer's Harley Sportster which was turned into a flat track race bike and there are just under $20000 just in high performance racing type parts on this bike, from a Storz inverted front end to loads of machine work.

Another customer's custom Harley, w/ new aftermarket Panhead engine in it, new transmission, new springer front end and some other nice stuff, but not a complete bike.

On top of that they took every tool Johnny owned, including his compressor, welders, power tools, vintage rollaway snap-on tool box from the 60's full of tools, anther roll away tool box full of electrical tools, including stuff from his office: little die-cast hotrods and other collectibles.

They found a cash box he kept hidden behind a file cabinet and took $600 out of it and took pretty much everything right down to the bathroom keys that were hanging on a hook on the wall.

What didn't they take?

An Ironhead Sportster which was almost completely taken apart, another customers Evo Sporty which was on a bike lift and it looks like they cut the straps that hold the bike but couldn't figure out how to lower the lift so they left it.

My husband's 1950 Plymouth which they messed with but could not get running, at least that's what we think because the battery was completly drained dead and the key was in the on position left in the ignition switch.

As well as Johnny's hotrod which was just finished and hadn't even driven yet, except a few times up and down the driveway. But it looks as if they tried to start it also, because the driverside door was left open and they had messed with some of the wiring under the dash, but also could not get it running long enough to do anything with it because he had a hidden switch for the fuel pump. But they did kick a dent in the passenger side door and cracked the fresh paint job.

He was in between insurance providers and nothing was covered. He can not work without tools and with the cutbacks, local cops are not able to start working on his case, and as you can imagine, his tools, the bikes, and cars will probably be chopped and parted out at swap meets, ebay, craigslist, and flea markets.

People talk and this is a small hot rod scene. Please keep your ears open for any leads on this case and keep your eyes open on craigslist, ebay, swaps, and flea markets. Report to Johnny koolcatkustoms@aol.com

You may or may not know Johnny but he is a stand up guy, a good friend of mine, and a hardworking man who does not deserve this. If you could spare a few dollars and/or some tools, every little bit helps.

Paypal money to: koolcatkustoms@aol.com

Mail checks and/or tools to:

Kool Cat Kustoms
645 Horning Street, Unit N
San Jose CA 95112

Please repost everywhere you can (myspace, facebook).
Thank you!
Rachelle
Founder, Nor Cal Rockabilly

If any of you great people hear anything about somebody trying to sell, give away, or otherwise fence anything that might be on the above list, PLEASE contact Johnny, or contact me and I'll make sure Johnny gets the word.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Major burglary in San Jose (bikes and hot rods stolen)

That sucks bump for b.a.d. I met puka befor when I had my cbr
Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Year 3030

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would these thieves plan on doing with a bunch of custom hot rod stuff? Its going to be spotted really easily. Jackasses
Old 04-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

San Jose is going to hell.. I want to leave this place ASAP.