Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

February Santa Cruz Drive/Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default February Santa Cruz Drive/Meet

If anyone is interested, I might be doing a February Meet.

Suggestions for rarely taken roads? Last time I went back on Tunitas Creek, it was bumpy but a really nice road (if it was smooth, omg itd be so perfect, gymkhana style).

Last meet I think we had 7 cars total, it was cool, but we got caught up in traffic as we couldnt find my planned out detour (and hit 92, yuck).

I hope weather isnt too bad during february, itll probably be cold, but not too slick. I took a drive up there in a friend's vette, he thought he was all badass (auto, and thought he was going fast) but last meet we were all driving faster and barely cruising. The guy thinks a vette can outhandle a teg, lol, pshh only if it was modified. He thought 65-70 through the corners like what I told him was nuts, he stayed around 50-55, and this rx8 came up and scared him, hilarious.

I went up there a while back and met the group of guys/girls that always hang out sunday at stevens creek I think, the rx8 guy road with me that day, he knew the roads as far as I could tell, as well as me (back of your hand), and I knew hed fly past us in the vette, again, hilarious.

In the past we have always headed to the beach, and last time I was stuck with the bill of getting everyone in. It wasnt their fault, I didnt tell anyone there is always a beach cost of 6 dollars for a day pass, each car. Well now you all know, so always bring a few bucks just incase you got stranded or something.

So, February Santa Cruz Drive/Meet Anyone?

-Ryan

UPDATE:

Ok, well I figured since we never go up 9 itself (and its awesome...) we would just do that.

So hwy 9 all the way is where we will be going. We will then hit highway 1 and then go to one of the beaches in Aptos. Rio del Mar would be nice, we could drive through the beach drive, and park right in the bbq area. Seacliff beach charges 6 dollars a car, just like every other beach, and its a day pass for all beaches, so we could always move to another if that was wanted.

Does anyone have a suggested meeting point? Ive always done them from my school, but that is far for people coming from the north bay or east bay. I could call up westvalley junior college and see if we could use their parking structure without charge.

It will be cold, would you guys still want to do a bbq? Hopefully some of you could bring some chips and drinks. Maybe if someone has a grill that actually works, lol, you could bring it, and someone else could bring hot dogs or burgers.

Chris, I realized you are from Tracy. This is a far drive for you over Sunol grade and stuff. Ill have to talk to you later about doing a Mt. Diablo drive (way closer to you) and maybe opening it up to TI, HT, and maybe i-club again.

If you would like, I could do the starting meet south san jose...but itd still be a long drive for you.

More info on T-I, check it out here:

http://www.team-integra.net/se...age=2
http://www.team-integra.net/se...age=2
Old 01-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default February Santa Cruz Drive/Meet

Updated at TI.

Date and time decided, follow link please.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: February Santa Cruz Drive/Meet (sirlaughsalot)

hmmm..maybe
Old 01-10-2008, 10:00 PM

posted on T-I already! i'm down to make this drive happen! sounds great!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JustMike)

maybe??
Old 01-13-2008, 08:39 PM

Default Re: February Santa Cruz Drive/Meet (sirlaughsalot)

im down...
i donno if its open to anyone...
i got a 00 si.. if thats cool.. and i can get a 99 civic 00 prelude and a RSX..

but not sure if its open to anyone??