Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cops cracking down on jdm front ends

well i know the lights aren't DOT approved
i just heard about this, is this true?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cops cracking down on jdm front ends

yes ... they been doing this ... it cause the way R.H.D headlight w/h.i.d beam pattern, they're pretty blinding the other drivers on the other side of the road coming towards you ... its cause in a rhd country the cars drive on different side of the roads ... the headlight beam pattern is away from the other drivers on the road ... then you bring it here and instead of beaming away from the other drives its beaming them in the face ... there are adjuster on the headlights to fix it

Last edited by allmotorek4; 05-29-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn...
Old 05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol they should make all suv's and etc illegal as there lights blind me more then the rhd cars lights ever do. and oh hid's are less blinding as welll
Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but yeah they been doing the crack down for ages.. just depends on how much of a dick the cop wants to be that day
Old 05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

weak sauce
Old 05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm.norcal
lol they should make all suv's and etc illegal as there lights blind me more then the rhd cars lights ever do. and oh hid's are less blinding as welll
I know what you mean! I hate that shiet, I look into my side mirrors and I'm blind as fucc. But when I look into my Broadway, everything is fine.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by jdm.norcal
it also doesn't help when your riding in a lower car
Old 05-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allmotorek4
it also doesn't help when your riding in a lower car
, true
Old 05-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is stupid. just gives those damn pigs another reason to f@#k with us
Old 05-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well that is a point but there blinding at stock height too i seen some chick get in a wreck thanks to one of those pos hummers blaring its lights.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man i ride in my moms camry and i still get blinded by trucks and trust me her camry is USDM STOCK! You also have to understand that they aren't worried about it on main streets and what not just on two lane roads such as on the way to Jackson or somewhere out there can cause an accident because it forces the person coming the other way to look away from the road. Ethir way trucks/suv still blind me rather stare into the sun then have one of them ****s behind me but the reason why trucks and suv' lights are bright as **** is because they fact they drive bigger cars so they need to see better at night and would be able to stop sooner then later since the damn thing weights probably around 3tons + therefore needing more stopping distance yadigg!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ damn i can dig it. being blinded by big boats sucks! i just dont ride infront of trucks and big suvs as much as im aware. witch is always. dont like those big boats behind me or even in front of me. any sudden stops/movements and id be in for a big boot in the ***! and if there in front of me i cant see and that does not allow enough comfortable time for my reaction. so i keep my distances and positions.

when i had my jdm front Db yes i got pulled over numerous amount of times but never for my front end to what i was told. but im sure a hid jdm front is a definite reason to get pulled over of course when the cop sees that clean *** smooth front end sexing down the street. just gotta say its stock officer. stock jdm sucker pig!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OXY95LSSC

when i had my jdm front Db yes i got pulled over numerous amount of times but never for my front end to what i was told. but im sure a hid jdm front is a definite reason to get pulled over of course when the <b>cop sees that clean *** smooth front end sexing down the street. just gotta say its stock officer. stock jdm sucker pig!<b>
hahahaha im the same wen bigger cars infront of me that are blocking my sight of view in the front but if i wanna be a d1ck i tailgate em neways im just that gangster lol
Old 05-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought it was because of the jdm rad support and not passing all the crash test laws. If it is only because of the beam pattern is that any easy fix? WTB: someone to adjust my headlights.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redGSRguy
I thought it was because of the jdm rad support and not passing all the crash test laws. If it is only because of the beam pattern is that any easy fix? WTB: someone to adjust my headlights.
its simply not D.O.T. approved, the crush zone of the jdm dc hood might be different who knows honestly only way to find out is to do some research
Old 05-30-2009, 04:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by redGSRguy
that is a given.. when the front bumper support is only a thin press sheet metal ... when you can kick it, it will bend
Old 05-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yyeah the beam pattern & the crash thingy isnt legal here. But sucks that their gonna actually crack down on it. But yeah I fckin hate when its at night espically at a stoplight and a big *** truck/SUV is behind me blinding both my sidemirrors, my broadway mirror, and fkcin lighting up my whole cabin
Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 AM

yep stock height for any car will get blinded hard by suv, hummer and trucks

wow ***** bull ****

our safety should be our concern not theirs, getting tickets/tow/impound for this isn't going to improve the community outlook on police... not that its bad enough as it is for even normal residents since cops miss so many calls and late arrivals

i don't want to sell my car for another one and i doubt it would even sell much... being a 95 w/ 200k on chassis and leaking clutch master
Old 05-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are they actually training cops to look out for these parts? lol... glad our tax dollars are put in good use /sarcasm
Old 05-31-2009, 04:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by boostedK20a2
are they actually training cops to look out for these parts? lol... glad our tax dollars are put in good use /sarcasm
many years ago ... when that 4 million or billion dollar came into play ... in cracking down street racing or mod'd imports ...
Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Year 3030

yes the front is technically illegal. yes the radiator support is as thin as a jdm ***** this is why SCCA requires that you have the usdm bumper support when on a road course or auto-x. and yes it will fit you just gotta cut it down. someone on h-t has a writeup on it. also the jdm headlights are up and down adjustable as well as side to side. just make your headlights aim as far right as possible. or just do a usdm retrofit. i have never been flashed.

ive also been pulled over a million times and even had the pig measure my headlight to the ground for being to low. the only question he asked is why i didnt have vin numbers on the fenders after poppin my hood. i said they were replacement fenders. when all else fails just say, " I bought it like this."

Last edited by Sumslapper; 05-31-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the reason the lights point that way is because its supposted to illuminate street signs (left side of road for japan).. you ever notice you dont see the signs on your side of the street as well as you do in other cars? so not only is it hazardous to cross traffic, but its an inconvenience for you... its not just whole front ends. and jdm headlights.. i almost got a ticket when i had jdm headlights on my 03 wrx because the pattern shined right into the cops face.. lol...
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 AM

Who cares.. jdm front hype=PLAYED OUT. (like 2 years ago) USDM type R front FTW.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by diAm0nd
Who cares.. jdm front hype=PLAYED OUT. (like 2 years ago) USDM type R front FTW.
2 years ago?(2007)? lol wow your out dated... the r front end got played when the price drop around 2g's for the front end that is around 2003-04 ish ...

Quick Reply: Cops cracking down on jdm front ends