Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

Black 1999 GSR Stolen Oakland 1/6/09

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black 1999 GSR Stolen Oakland 1/6/09

My car was stolen last night between the hours of 8pm and 6am from in front of my house in the Oakland Hills.

Here are some pics:

Windshield sticker looks like this:

The car had blue DC5 Recaros instead of the red ones in the pics and 16x7 SSR Type C (Competition) rims, Anthracite Gray w/polished lip.

Other distinguishing features:
CA License 4DQE377
VIN JH4DC2397XS000895
JDM HID Front
JDM 98+ tails
VIS CF hood showing its age and faded in numerous small spots (< dime size) if you look close
OEM Optional kit
30% front 15% rear tinted windows
Domokun crew stickers on upper left corner of windshield and bottom of rear window
Domokun Crew license plate frame
Lowered on Koni Yellow/GC
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires - new
Comptech rear sway and tie bar
Shark Attack II antenna
Hood pins with slight rust on them
Black McGard lug nuts and lock

Other mods from this car:
Comptech Icebox
Kinetik HC1400 battery
Alpine 9886 head unit
Alpine V12 amp MRV-F 357
2x 12" Alpine Type S subs
All ITR CF interior pieces
ITR door panels and rear seats
Modified gauges/climate control
Modified gauges/climate control
ITR OEM car cover
JDM ITR titanium shift ****
Chrome Halon fire extinguisher
Valentine 1 radar detector with remote display
Ground control top hats

If you see this car driving around or if you see any of these parts for sale, please call or text me immediately at (510) 520-3487 and leave a message if I don't pick up.

-Greg

More pics here .

I don't expect to get the car back but I am on the lookout for the parts. Here are some things unique to my car:

One rim has a large amount of wheel weights due to me getting a flat tire once and having to drive on the rim for a brief period
The right front fender has some paint cracking in two places. Also, there is some nasty road tar near the bottom of the fender about the size of a dollar coin.
Each headlight has a vertical hairline crack on the side of the turn signal. The left headlight fender bracket is broken.
The seats have the typical right passenger lower bolster wear, but some of the foam in that bolster has died and you can make an indentation in the top of the bolster.
The left seat has wear on the left shoulder area from the seat belt.

The gauges, obviously
The climate control has one bad scratch on the bottom portion below the fan controls
The right rear valance has a non-OEM weatherstrip and the left rear valance weatherstrip was removed and reattached
The right side skirt rear-most bracket is bent
The windshield wipers were painted black and they have been touched up poorly in areas

Last edited by Tekkaboy; 01-09-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Black 1999 GSR Stolen Oakland 1/6/09

good luck with everything.

**** thieves!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

damn that sucks man, def. will be looking out for your car and your parts, sorry to hear about what happened...fkn thieves
Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dang bro....i posted this on another forum also for you.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear about your loss, I'll keep a lookout in the East Bay for you. Wow I really really hate thieves. Your car was beautiful.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys. All I can say is don't be the next one. If you don't have one already get a stealth alarm installed with GPS tracking. I was going to install GPS the night before it was taken but got lazy. Also, do a cutoff for the main relay, which cuts the fuel, ECU, ignition, and injectors. I only had a fuel cutoff and didn't do the main relay (that was the next mod after the GPS). Security should be your first mod. Other little things to do include the hood cable relocation, 4dr rear door handles, RS interior door handles, clutch/steering wheel lock, parking boot, etc.

The blue DC5 seats are very unique so holler if you see any. Even if they turn up at a reputable tuner shop, let me know, they might've been traded in or something.

Left seat:

Right seat:

Last edited by Tekkaboy; 01-07-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow your car was amazing will definatly keep on the lookout for the parts...keep us updated
Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

best luck to you on your new build! ill keep my eye out here in the east bay!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE: I had a prepaid phone in my car when it was stolen. the thieves used the phone to call someone's cell. I have the name and number of the person they called. I have tried Google, Facebook, MySpace, reverse cell lookup, Verizon wireless mobile to mobile lookup, gas company records, and will soon try local court records but have not yet found out anything about them. The police are unwilling to help.

If anyone works for or knows someone who works for the police, DMV, Alameda or Contra Costa counties, garbage collection company, IRS, State of California, FBI, INS, ICE, etc. that can look up names to find addresses and would like to help me, please send me a PM!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why arent the police willing to help? is there any updates? nobody has found the car yet?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pre-paid phone in your car huh?

There's a GDD thread that showed a couple of theives that got owned when his BMW got stolen and his phone was in there too. The guy used his girl friends phone after and texted his own cellphone (in the stolen car) asking the "owner" (guy who got his car stolen) if he wanted to get to a party where they have some girls and drugs. The theives took the bait and they got arrested.

I dont know where the thread went, but it was there yesterday. Search function isnt working well either.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That Sucks but who would you park a car like that out side thats just asking to get it taking im not trying to be a jerk that really sucks but you should of took precaution like parking a car behind it or something hope you can find youre car or atleast the parts Good luck
Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Oakland Police handle 100+ car thefts a week and are too overwhelmed to do anything about my case. I called them and they said "we won't investigate because there's no proof the person who made the call was the thief." Just one of the consequences of living in Oakland. They are also dealing with BART riots right now.

Originally Posted by EvenStar
Pre-paid phone in your car huh?

There's a GDD thread that showed a couple of theives that got owned when his BMW got stolen and his phone was in there too. The guy used his girl friends phone after and texted his own cellphone (in the stolen car) asking the "owner" (guy who got his car stolen) if he wanted to get to a party where they have some girls and drugs. The theives took the bait and they got arrested.

I dont know where the thread went, but it was there yesterday. Search function isnt working well either.
Yeah I heard about that and thought of doing something similar, but I had already cancelled the phone =(

Originally Posted by DC209
That Sucks but who would you park a car like that out side thats just asking to get it taking im not trying to be a jerk that really sucks but you should of took precaution like parking a car behind it or something hope you can find youre car or atleast the parts Good luck
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately if I block my car in that just means they will steal two cars: https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-type-r-8/omg-both-my-car-were-stolen-2415104/

Additionally, I was planning to install GPS in my car the night before but something came up.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That sucks dude, what type of security did you have in yours?

i just got full security in my integra that the only way they can take it is if they tow the ****er
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear 'bout your lose. Something like that should be in a garage. All my "Goodies" are in my garage because I just don't trust any neighborhood. Haters' and thieves' are everywhere.