Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Street Racing Death in Bay Area

This time it was an innocent victim.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_136261...ce=most_viewed

Sad.

"A former San Jose high school cheerleader who suddenly found herself in the middle of a street race died Thursday night after one of the speeding cars hit her — she was the city's second street racing-related death in two weeks . . . . "
Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another Street Racing Death in Bay Area

Innocent Fremont woman dies in San Jose street race; second racing death in a month

By Lisa Fernandez and Mark Gomez

Mercury News
Posted: 10/23/2009 08:04:46 AM PDT
Updated: 10/23/2009 12:27:36 PM PDT

Related Stories

* Oct 23:
* Antioch driver, 24, dies in San Jose car crash

A former San Jose high school cheerleader who suddenly found herself in the middle of a street race died Thursday night after one of the speeding cars hit her — she was the city's second street racing-related death in two weeks.

The young woman was identified this morning by the Santa Clara County Coroner's Office as Alyson Snow, 20, of Fremont.

Her family said she graduated from Leland High School in San Jose two years ago, where she had been a cheerleader, and her older brother, Anthony, played football.

Two San Jose men were arrested on vehicular manslaughter and "speed contest" charges stemming from her death. They are Manuel Pourmand, 21, and Joseph Anthony Inocencio, 18. They were treated at
Read and sign:

* Guest book in memory of Alyson Snow

a hospital following the crash and taken into custody, said police Sgt. Ronnie Lopez.

The drivers are charged with striking Snow's Volkswagen Jetta, which spun into a tree in the center divider, before it bounced off the tree and landed into the opposite side of Branham Road about 9:45 p.m., police said.

Shannon George, 35, lives two houses away from the crash, and is a recent nursing student graduate.

"I heard the squealing tires, and a crash, like an explosion,'' George said. "I threw on a coat and my pajamas and slippers.''

Outside, she found Snow and a passenger who told her his name was "Daniel'' inside a wrecked blue Jetta. Snow had a slight pulse and took one breath, George said. "But there was nothing I could
Advertisement
do for her, I just held her hand.''

She said she kept talking to "Daniel,'' whose last name she never learned, before paramedics came. She also saw that both Daniel and the friend he called "Aly,'' were wearing seat belts. Police have not released Daniel's last name but said his injuries were not life-threatening.

Neighbors are reeling from the crash.

"This has shook up the neighborhood,'' said Daniel Fehderau. "This is just crazy.''

San Jose police Lt. Robert Reinhardt explained some of the details of the fatal crash to the Mercury News today. "Unfortunately, this one claimed the life of an innocent victim," said Reinhardt.

Reinhardt said a brownish gold 2004 Nissan and a black 1997 BMW were allegedly speeding eastbound on Branham Lane, between Pearl Avenue and Vistapark Drive.

One witness told police that there were "two guys racing on either side" of him and he was going the speed limit, which is posted at 40 mph.

The driver of the Nissan was ahead. But he lost control, Reinhardt said, and slid into the Volkswagen, forcing Snow's car into the center divider. Her car hit a tree and then bounced into oncoming lanes of traffic. The BMW was trailing behind, and hit a dip in the road, Reinhardt said, sliding backward and also striking a tree.

The news was just beginning to hit Snow's family, some of whom started learning about her death through the news. Sarah Vargas, 23, of San Jose, described her younger cousin as a former cheerleader at Leland High.

"She was pretty outgoing and really tight with her mom,'' Vargas said.

This is the second fatal street racing death in San Jose this month. On Oct. 8, 23-year-old Luan Le of San Jose died while speeding down Silver Creek Valley Road east of Hellyer Road.

Police say Le's 1988 Honda Civic hatchback was racing a green 2000 Acura. Le lost control of his car, which smashed into a tree. Le was ejected from the car and police initially arrested the 19-year-old Acura driver, Frank Alvarez, for participating in a race. However, Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Amy Cornell said prosecutors have not charged Alvarez, sending the case back to police for more investigation.

San Jose has a special Race Enforcement Team whose officers fan out to monitor the city's racing "hot spots," to curb the popular but illegal sport of racing down city streets. It's a problem that plagues cities and towns throughout the country. But Reinhardt said Branham Lane is not on the team's normal route.

"The average person speeds a little up and down Branham," Reinhardt said. "But not at the rate these guys were traveling."

Mercury News Staff Writer Sandra Gonzales contributed to this report. Contact Lisa Fernandez at 408-920-5002.
When are these phucktards gonna wake up! Those guys deserve the death penalty for their complete disregard for public safety....
Old 10-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tsk tsk now that just sad wen the driver of the car that is takes part of the race i can really careless but this is just sad
Old 10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty sad that someone innocent lost there lives to idiots like this.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

"Two San Jose men were arrested on vehicular manslaughter and "speed contest" charges stemming from her death. They are Manuel Pourmand, 21, and Joseph Anthony Inocencio, 18"

mexicans should not race, did they check for green cards?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hella sad....
Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Being Mexican has nothing to do with this you ignorant *****! What a douche...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by OTSB708
Being Mexican has nothing to do with this you ignorant *****! What a douche...
maybe if you lived in stockton youd understand. "these mexicans" will try race you with anything from a chysler crossfire to a mun2 pos civic with a kit or a ups truck. and even when they smash on you and get pulled over they have the nerve to rev on you again the next time they see you. hows that for ignorant. im not talking about all mexicans. just the ones who still think fast and furious 1 was a dope movie
Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sad story.

I'm not one for the gov't to spend a shitload of money on skateparks or whatnot, but when it comes to racing this should be a sign that maybe they could invest some money into a track to avoid this. It would most likely be cheaper since they now will probably invest hundreds of thousands of dollars on under cover stings/pay for police officers to patrol for this type of thing.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: You may think I can't see you..but in reality..I could see you very clearly..

Shame on you Sam, thought you'd know better.. lol
Anybody who is irresponsible and is behind the wheel should not be allowed to drive..period.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: You may think I can't see you..but in reality..I could see you very clearly..

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
Sad story.

I'm not one for the gov't to spend a shitload of money on skateparks or whatnot, but when it comes to racing this should be a sign that maybe they could invest some money into a track to avoid this. It would most likely be cheaper since they now will probably invest hundreds of thousands of dollars on under cover stings/pay for police officers to patrol for this type of thing.
you hear bout the governor agreeing to dump money into building a stadium for a NFL football team in LA? soo thats where all my money ive spent on tickets is going..
Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very sad, these ***** deserve to die.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^ you mean, the girl live but the guys die right...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:59 PM

This really is unfortunate...when will people learn...
Old 10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justin@bisimoto
This really is unfortunate...when will people learn...
They never will..

It's always too "inconvenient" to spend the extra money and go to a track.

Like somehow crashing your car and killing someone is a way easier way to go.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deezy says
maybe if you lived in stockton youd understand. "these mexicans" will try race you with anything from a chysler crossfire to a mun2 pos civic with a kit or a ups truck. and even when they smash on you and get pulled over they have the nerve to rev on you again the next time they see you. hows that for ignorant. im not talking about all mexicans. just the ones who still think fast and furious 1 was a dope movie
hey i still watch that movie every night before bed.. haha..

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
Sad story.

whats wrong with skateparks..?? my son is going to go pro.. lol..

but yea.. this is too sad.. sad sad story..
Old 10-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn someone died on Silver Creek Valley Road? going down the hill, figures. I always haul *** up that hill next to some rich dude in his Porsche or Corvette or BMW or something. Well, 100mph in my Civic is hauling ***, it's just cruising for those guys. I hope they don't start putting police over there...smooth roads + no traffic + no pedestrians = a fun road. Until somebody dies.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol atleast it wasnt a honda
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deezy says
x2 lol that has happened many times to me on hammer ln stupid people in cali that why i moved back to the south
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow this is just horrible. ppl dont know how to drive, let alone race, let alone handle their cars!! the damn cops are just going to crack down on us even more. i wont lie..ive raced a celica down branham ln. a year or two ago. actually pretty much the same area that the accident happened. this just shows how a huge rush of fun racing some guy when you think its all good and your winning...boom.. a huge problem that you will pay for the rest of your life. if not your life. not to mention your prolly not driving again and you killed a human. thats just so terrible. this makes me never want to race on the streets again. lets all be safe and careful. our reputation is just getting worse.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

because of this bull **** we will be profiled even more for what dumb asses do/
Old 10-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Lim
Honda-Tech Member

This reminds me of a girl that I knew in high school who was also a cheerleader. She was killed when two teenager decided to see who's stock Honda was faster. Headlines like these makes me sad and I only wish the street racers think of their consequences before their tiny feet is planted on the "Kill Anything and Everything" pedal. Driving a vehicle on the public roads and following the posted speed limit is already dangerous, so why risk it! However, if you do decide this is the path your going to take then remember that the cars in front and behind of you does not have the same intentions as you.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Fkin' bay area ruining it for everyone like usual..
Old 10-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn.. I'm not racing anymore. Think ima just keep the motor stock.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dam not again!

Quick Reply: Another Street Racing Death in Bay Area