Notices
Northern California North of Fresno

4 kids arrested for one car. F**K Theives!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 kids arrested for one car. F**K Theives!

I am posting this up to let everyone know my story about how my wife's car was saved by my stealth alarm install and extra precautions I have taken for her vehicle. Moreover, this event had occurred whilst I was not around town at the time as I was on a vacation with my wife in another state.

On Thursday, May 13th at 3:00 a.m., 4 Mexican teenagers from Stockton drove all the way to San Jose with one target in mind, my wife's Civic '96 Honda HB. Their first attempt was to pop the hood and yank out the siren, only to encounter that the factory horn was still going off. When they had realized this, they decided to yank out the battery terminal. However, they encountered another blockade, the back-up battery. When they realized the alarm was still going off with the car battery unplugged, they decided to take off.

With the annoying alarm going off, my neighbors were awaken along with my parents being paged by the two-way pager going off (which pissed me off as it disturbed my neighbors and my parents which got them worried at 3 a.m. in the morning prior to working). One of my wonderful neighbors looked out his window and noticed that it was yet another car attempt and decided to wait upon them as he noticed that the car thieves had left for the moment. However, he altruistically continued to look out his window to check whether the thieves would come back for more. While waiting, he noticed that the thieves were back at it again so he immediately called the police. At this moment, the thieves broke the window visor while trying to pry in the window this time around, only to realize that they could not unlock the car as I made sure to disable the locks from the inside for extra safety reassurance, despite having an alarm. This gave the police enough time to come by and catch the thieves in action.

I am especially thankful to my family members and my wonderful neighbor as people ignore sirens or any other problems that do not involve themselves.

Sidenote: People may have a misconception that alarm installs will not save them from thieves as thieves will prey for their main mission in mind no matter the cost. However, having a well-built alarm and taking extra tedious precautions can buy you enough time to wake up-- especially when it's loud and annoying-- as many people possible for someone to take action to call the police for you especially when you are not available to take action for your vehicle.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4 kids arrested for one car. F**K Theives!

super cooool... thats why i have a garage for
Old 05-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The garage was occupied by my parents' car. Parents' car is priority lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn, good to hear you still got your car and they got caught. was your wife's HB stock?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks, and no it wasn't It has a few upgrades =P
Old 05-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so what's gonna happen to those kids?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As they are underage, the police said they will be released to their parents.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup stealth alarm ftw saved my car
Old 05-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Year 3030

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b00stME
Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes finally they get caught.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: You may think I can't see you..but in reality..I could see you very clearly..

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
super cooool... thats why i have a garage for

Originally Posted by Gant
yup stealth alarm ftw saved my car
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OP:+1 thieves:-4

FTMW
Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is great, all cars should be secured like this.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya they should. i cant stand thieves!! hate them with a passion. still lookin for my ex friend who stole over 300 dollars from my grandma while she was in the hospital. i told him when i see him he either better run or call the cops cause once i hit him im not stopping. Every town has its thieves tho. I mean im from oakdale and we dont have much hondas here but occasionally you will see a out of town lowered civic or something coming threw town at like 2 or 3 in the morning looking for someones car
Old 05-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What your ex-friend had done is unethical. We can't trust anyone anymore and it doesn't hurt to be skeptical at times as it secures yourself. I hope sharing this information can help slow down thieves and help others from making a mistake from not standing up to protect their belongings.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

b00st...

Did you get a chance to find out how kids from stockton knew where you/your gf lived? It is possible that they have someone who is local to you that tipped them off, and I would pesonally purchase some type of gift for your neighbor. Your neighbors are cool!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh a side note..."correctly" installed stealth alarms will save a car, for I paid someone to do a stealth alarm on my car, and luckily I noticed the alarm wasn't working as it should, but the person who did my stealth kept telling me it was the brain when in fact it wasn't...it was a half *** install. =/
Old 05-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boostme who installed your stealth alarm?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Damaged Goods
b00st...

Did you get a chance to find out how kids from stockton knew where you/your gf lived? It is possible that they have someone who is local to you that tipped them off, and I would pesonally purchase some type of gift for your neighbor. Your neighbors are cool!
They had a friend that helped them as this happened the same night my wife and I were gone which led me to suspect that it was one of the neighbors. In addition, the police stated they were here "to visit a friend". They later confessed that they were here for only this car. It pisses me off to know that their target was my wife's car and not the 99 civic SI that's parked on the same street. You can't let your guard down assuming it will never happen to you.

Oh a side note..."correctly" installed stealth alarms will save a car, for I paid someone to do a stealth alarm on my car, and luckily I noticed the alarm wasn't working as it should, but the person who did my stealth kept telling me it was the brain when in fact it wasn't...it was a half *** install. =/
Sometimes you have to do it yourself to get things done the right way or pay someone who inputs 100% effort in their job to get it done the "right way". This is why I always test the alarm to ensure every sensor works properly despite the fact that I would have to sit in the car whilst having 2 piezo sirens blasting in my ears (most likely affecting my hair cells. Lol.). Moreover, it doesn't hurt to spend the extra time to take extra tedious steps to assure yourself that the alarm install is working in a proper fashion.

boostme who installed your stealth alarm?
I installed the alarm. It took me 3 days to install the alarm exactly how I wanted it to be. Some alarm installs may take 2-3 hours to install, but I made sure there was no half-*** actions involved in any steps regardless of how small or big it may be as every step is important.

I'm glad this thread has caught the attention of those who want to stand up for the efforts they have inputted to protect their belongings. I was contacted by someone from Texas to have me fly over there to install 3 car alarms.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b00stME
ohh great, *** my life
Old 05-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any names? post pics of their faces.

press charges maybe theyll arrest the parents for letting minors out past curfew. probably same guys who stole cliff's gsr
Old 05-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you do the stealth alarm yourself? Or was it done by a professional? I still don't know if I wanna do a DIY or pay for someone to do it..
Old 05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Original.
Did you do the stealth alarm yourself? Or was it done by a professional? I still don't know if I wanna do a DIY or pay for someone to do it..

Sometimes you have to do it yourself to get things done the right way or pay someone who inputs 100% effort in their job to get it done the "right way".

I installed the alarm. It took me 3 days to install the alarm exactly how I wanted it to be. Some alarm installs may take 2-3 hours to install, but I made sure there was no half-*** actions involved in any steps regardless of how small or big it may be as every step is important.

***hope that helped. LOL!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahah, sorta helped, I have a Clifford Matrix 1x and it is lame. No hood sensor and thats why I'm really paranoid. I'm hoping to upgrade soon and have the back up battery, sirens, etc. installed too.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Original.
Reading isn't your strong point is it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 kids arrested for one car. F**K Theives!