Notices

FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalone ECU, SOUTH NJ

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalone ECU, SOUTH NJ

Ok, i am just getting this selling thing together after owning the car for approximately 9 years. It's hard, so here is what i've got going so far...

1997 Honda Civic CX hatch
180k on chassis
174whp/132 ftlbs
clean title

The reason i'm selling is because it's soon going to be my third string car, which means it'll get driven even less than it does now. That said, i'm also not in a rush to sell it since it's so far down on the depth chart, so hardcore lowballing will not be worth the effort.

Exterior-
original paint
15" Axis Maglites with new Falken Azenis 615's 205/50/15
matched handles and sideskirts
cheapo black housing headlights (still have originals)
Mugen copy hatch spoiler, circa 1999
'99 tail lights
new Brembo Slotted rotors
new Brembo sport pads

Interior-
GSR leather seats in so-so condition. Lumbar doesn't work in the d-side.
Pioneer CD player, about 2 years old with Pioneer 3 way door speakers
APEXI afc used as tach
AutoPower 4pt roll bar with harness bar circa 1999
Greddy 4pt harness
DC shift ****
silly Cyberdyne a/f gauge circa 1999
AIR CONDITIONING WORKS!!!
rear interior was removed by me in 1999

Drivetrain-
HMO JDM GSR b18c, blood is Mobil 1 5w30. installed May of this year. MINT!
I paid for (just parts) about 6k for the swap and all associated support items, including tune. It was done 100% correctly with choice parts and perfect tune as per those number coming from a basically stock GSR engine.
new honda water pump
new honda timing belt
new NGK bkr7e-11 plugs
new NGK wires
Z10 breather tank setup w/ no PCV
motor mount inserts
new Ingalls "Stiffy" engine damper
LSD GSR trans, blood is honda MTF
new intermediate shaft assembly
B&M shifter
new Prothane shifter bushings
new Exedy chromoly flywheel and street clutch
new APEXI PowerFC standalone tuned by Jeff Evans
APEXI N1 cat-back (old style)
new APEXI GT manifold ITR header
APEXI voltage stabilizer
DC DAC w/ cold air extension
new Skunk2 Intake manifold
new AEM FPR
MSD 6al
MSD Blaster SS coil
BBK 62mm throttle body

Suspension-
Ground Control coilovers, 350lb front, 450lb rear
Tokico Illumina adjustable dampers
Suspension Techniques rear sway bar (26mm?) with Beaks reinforcement kit
Neuspeed lower tie bar circa 1999
DC front strut brace
DC rear strut brace
new 4 wheel alignment
new lower MOOG ball joints
new outer and inner MOOG tie rod ends
new SPC rear camber kit
new Ingalls front camber kit (a-arm with sliding ball joint)

pics show the car after a wash today. no detailing, no tricks.

rust evidence-

paint/body is actually in pretty dang good shape for the mileage/age, especially if you consider my area (kind of close to the seashore). front bumper cover has clear chipped badly from road debris, rear bumper cover has scrapes on d-side. car has a few dings and chips here and there and a recent scratch on the rear 1/4 that is annoying. there are signs of rust behind the rear wheel/ rear wheel well lip under the paint, hasn't gotten 'bad' yet and has been static for i'd guess about 3 years. i'm sure in a few years it will progress. the wheels have a bunch of chips from road debris and the wheel nut socket and the center caps are weathered. the spoiler has a few stress cracks (light) and some pitting, but that's because the boneheads who i had paint it years ago didn't prep it. looks fine though.

interior is "ok". it's rather clean and presents pretty well. broken cup holder lid fastener, broken/dirty d-side armrest, steering wheel rim is beat from use and sun exposure, carpets are alright, they have a couple slight stains. ceiling is clean and interior is in general good shape. never ever smoked in or abused. i am missing the panel that covers the ECU. i removed it sometime in 1999 and have not been able to locate it at my parents house.

car drives perfectly EXCEPT it has an inner CV vibration that shows up under light to moderate acceleration. If the car is raised w/ the coilovers, it goes away and i have alot of info on this board about this issue. i really believe it's the axle angle coupled with axle quality, hence my feelings that Raxles will solve the issue. I am current embroiled in a beef with The Driveshaft Shop because they screwed me with some beat custom axles and have my axles and my money. in the mean time i am running Cardone axles, which are not remans and are in fact new, but i fear are not the greatest quality. I would recommend getting Raxles, but i refuse to get anything new until DSS gives me my money back.

car runs great, gets decent gas mileage as per Jeff Evans tune. starts up every time, idles well, etc

as mentioned in the list, rear interior was removed about 8 years ago and i am unsure if i still have any of it at my parents house. regardless, with the roll bar, noone can get in there anyway

I will not ship this car, and will meet within probably a 50-60 mile radius with the car at a central location.

*swap price list- PRICING FOR JUST THE SWAP I PERFORMED!
engine and trans, shipped 3720
crv compressor bracket 65
99-00 si d-side engine bracket 33
99-00 si rear t bracket 44
timing belt 48
water pump 90
Exedy chromoly FW 250
Exedy clutch 200
Skunk intake mani 200
Apexi GT manifold 330
NGK wires 50
Intake mani gasket 8
MSD cap and rotor 38
SMSP flare, donut and flange 25
NGK spark plugs 8
Honda coolant 8
AEM FPR 120
oil and filter 10
Apexi Power FC and tuning 600
new axles 215

total- it costs $6062 for JUST THE SWAP PARTS and tuning...

I'm selling this car for <FONT SIZE="3">$7000 FIRM</FONT>. I was going to ask 7.5k and go down to 7000, but i'll cut to the chase: For those who think it’s too high…people like you and me all day every day spend the 3720 shipped like I did for the engine and trans from HMO. It's well documented that they provide the best quality swaps available. But, that includes only the pristine engine, trans, axles, linkage and JDM harness w/ JDM ecu. Based on my price, that leaves you 3200 to find a relatively clean two-owner 6th gen with clean title, wheels, tires, suspension, installation parts for the swap, engine upgrades and fortification like the itemized list above, tuning, engine management, roll bar, etc, etc, etc, etc..

This car means alot to me, and while i know it's far from perfect, i do know that it's a value. I am being fair by cutting the haggling and if it doesn't move, it doesn't move. i only want someone to get it that knows what they are getting.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalone ECU, SOUTH NJ

Pm'd

Need pics of the rust
would like to take a drive to check out the vibration
where in jersey located?
clean title?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:50 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalone ECU, SOUTH NJ

i am uploading a bunch of pics as we speak. ill add them to the first post. title is perfectly clean, i bought the car in i believe 1998 and it had very low miles when i got it from the original owner.

i'll take pics of the where the rust is showing itself faintly.

i'm about 20 mins from atlantic city, south...
Old 10-28-2007, 02:25 PM
MiG-21 superfan

ok, tons of pics added!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a nice EK, bump!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
MiG-21 superfan

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eyal 951 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a nice EK, bump!</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks!

BTW, price and add'l info added at the end of the first post.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Lip
Honda-Tech Member

does the basketball come with it bump?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
MiG-21 superfan

as long as i don't get hassled with silly offers, i WILL include the basketball!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM

BUMP FOR A B SERIES
Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
MiG-21 superfan

up
Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

bump for a good dude
Old 10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
MiG-21 superfan

thanks y0!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

body is a little shitty but.... i give you props for a really tight engine bay i like your combination of parts, must be a really solid car. good luck on the sale man
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: (Mr. Em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">body is a little shitty but.... i give you props for a really tight engine bay i like your combination of parts, must be a really solid car. good luck on the sale man </TD></TR></TABLE>

umm...thanks? haha
Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 PM
MiG-21 superfan

sold.

9 years of blood, sweat and tears.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by builthatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sold.

9 years of blood, sweat and tears.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is why I couldn't get rid of my gsr.........

Ill have to catch up with you man, picked up my MS3 the other night....... lovin it!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:11 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalon

well, i sold this car to someone local on 12/07. he kept it for a while but didn't improve it and its condition actually worsened from sitting in his garage. He then sold it a week ago to some young dude. the dude lived 2 miles from where i grew up, and where this car spent many of its early years.

the car was supposedly stolen on friday night and promptly totalled. an old friend called me on saturday and said he saw my old car on the back of a flat bed, smashed in from all sides and all glass was busted.

cars don't get stolen from where i grew up, no matter how shitty the people are that have moved into the area...so, short version is i don't believe it was truly stolen. sucks to hear that it went in such a shitty manner, stolen or not.

Last edited by builthatch; 08-17-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:40 PM

Default Re: FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalon

its really nice to see this some info on this car. the car was actually was stolen friday night and totaled. the kid who it was stolen from is my friends brother. i bought the car yesterday and am already in the process of rebuilding it, you will see it in the area again soon. cars do get stolen/striped in the area my old coupe got striped of parts and my cousins integra was stolen and still have yet to find it. but any more info on the car or know were i can get some parts to rebuild it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by jdmcivicoupe
its really nice to see this some info on this car. the car was actually was stolen friday night and totaled. the kid who it was stolen from is my friends brother. i bought the car yesterday and am already in the process of rebuilding it, you will see it in the area again soon. cars do get stolen/striped in the area my old coupe got striped of parts and my cousins integra was stolen and still have yet to find it. but any more info on the car or know were i can get some parts to rebuild it would be greatly appreciated.
im surprised anything would get stolen in that section of EHT. that's sad it's come to that. i lived there until 2001ish and i know it's changed quite a bit but in the 22 years i lived there, i never heard once of anyone's car getting stolen or stripped, other than maybe some audio stuff, and on the fringes toward pleasantville or something.

best of luck with the car. i hope you are able to rehab it.

Last edited by builthatch; 08-16-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM

thanks yea i will post some pics tm or the next day.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM

builthatch sorry it took so long for the pics i couldnt find my camera. also do you remember how many miles were on the motor before you sold it?
Attached Images      
Old 08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
MiG-21 superfan

atleast the airbag worked.

re: mileage, eh...it was minimal. i swapped the engine into the car around May of '07 and sold it in December of that year. I put very little mileage on it because if troubleshooting the vibration issue. i did take one trip to Jeff Evans for the tune. If i had to guess, it'd be a wild guess and i'd say 1500 miles, but i can't remember.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM

wow. can we get to some truth then.
if you say you know who he is - can you tell us what happened to the car?

sorry, im quite interested in what happened since i as well, do not belief that the cause of this was "theft". that is just more of an "insurance fraud" statement IMO.

PS - im the last owner, the person who sold this car to this cat.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jdmcivicoupe

honestly - if you are talking about "rebuilding" this EXACT car. yea....right...good luck. i dont mean to be a dick, but im being completely honest.
did you actually look at the car? there is no way that it would even be worth rebuilding, yet alone to fathom the possibility of you having the money/parts to have this put back to perfection or even close to it.
Im assuming by "rebuild", you actually mean you are going to move over the remaining decent conditioned parts onto a new hatch.

was this car totaled by the insurance company?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM

lol yea thats what i ment, im swaping the parts to a different shell when i find one. Do you know anyone in the area that will be selling one in about a month or so i have to save some more money?
as i said before im friends with his brother more than i am him and it wasnt a insurance fruad he didnt have full coverage on the car he took a big hit. from what he told me he left his keys in the car like a idiot came out to smoke a cigeritte and it was gone. I warned him to always park it in the driveway and always lock it witch he did neither of the night it was stolen. He didnt really understand how nice of a car it was, i think he mostly bought it to try to be the cool guy with the nice car. He hangs out with some shady people that i would never let no i had this car since it was so nice. but elitecivicx i used to see you driving it around once in a while, i believe we ment once or twice but maybe not i used to have a 2000 ebp si heres a pic. sorry it so dark their the only 2 i have on my computer
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: FS: 1997 Civic CX hatchback w/ JDM GSR b18c, LSD GSR trans, Evans-tuned standalone ECU, SOUTH NJ