Notices
Northeast Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont

moving back east newburgh ny/ western mass meets?

Old 09-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moving back east newburgh ny/ western mass meets?

not sure if this is the right place to post this so monitors please lock or move if needed

well i am moving back to the east coast from western arizona/ cali in a few months im trailering my em1 and driving my hatch. hope its as good as its been here...
ive searched around and found the nearest track is long island NY, and couldn't really find any reputable tuners in that area im going to need to find a dyno and goodtuner if any ones around the area help me out.
thanks-ken
Old 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: moving back east newburgh ny/ western mass meets?

hey, if you are coming back to newburgh,. i think island or etown are the closest tracks. i live in kingston and lebabon valley is the closest. takes me about an hour and 5 minutes. takes me 2 hours to etown so from newburgh its like a little more than an hour and a half.

xenocron has a shop with a dyno about 45 minutes from you
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would be careful with your car in Newburgh. Tons of thieves lurking around. The Wappingers/Poughkeepsie area has a good group of people and cars to hang with. As far as a tuner, Xenocron is about 30 mins from Newburgh and is a good tuner. Keep you and your car safe. Newburgh does have the highest crime rate in NY.

http://www.homesurfer.com/crimerepor...&area=Newburgh
Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damm the highest crime rate that really stinks it will be gararged and i have 2 alarms factory and a viper with a fuel cut off switch but i know that doesnt help all that much cali was pretty bad too. shes been broken into before i got smart about it. i havent really heard any thing about newburgh besides what i can find on line.
what has me worried the most is the company thats transporting my car on a rig maby i can pay the guy a little more to keep it under a cover and behind some other cars while in route.

where do people usually meet? any hassle from coppas?

thats tight Xenocron is that close.

i guess i should get an alarm for my daily driver huuh...

how about e85?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nyrican23
I would be careful with your car in Newburgh. Tons of thieves lurking around. The Wappingers/Poughkeepsie area has a good group of people and cars to hang with. As far as a tuner, Xenocron is about 30 mins from Newburgh and is a good tuner. Keep you and your car safe. Newburgh does have the highest crime rate in NY.

http://www.homesurfer.com/crimerepor...&area=Newburgh
i hate to say it but its not just in ny, i think it was the worst crime per capita on the east coast. that 70 something person drug ring bust not too long ago was of epic proportion.

i often find myself out in poughkeepsie or head up to albany when i can.

dont know of e85 offhand, i think there are a few stations down toward the jersey border if i remember correctly
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cleansi

how about e85?
Welcome to the area!

There is an E85 Pump in Sloatsburgh, just north of my shop about 15 minutes away...and another pump 20 minutes away in Spring Valley, NY.

A lot of the Thruway gas stations now have E85 pumps as well from what I have seen traveling the Thruway this summer.

I have a lot of customers from the Poughkeepsie, Middletown and Newburgh area...so there are def a lot of that going on
Old 09-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I plan on running e85 when i put my new topmount kit in. i blew my 35r .82 a/r so i just picked up a precision 5758 bb billet. so i will be going to your shop to tune then. i just feel wierd going to any one but my tuner in az but I know Xenocron has a great rep...
its just a waiting game now i head east when i get off deployment/ pakistan.

with crime rate i guess ill be looking for a house on base then and stay straped lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:44 PM

I plan on running e85 when i put my new topmount kit in. i blew my 35r .82 a/r so i just picked up a precision 5758 bb billet. so i will be going to your shop to tune then. i just feel wierd going to any one but my tuner in az but I know Xenocron has a great rep...
its just a waiting game now i head east when i get off deployment/ pakistan.

with crime rate i guess ill be looking for a house on base then and stay straped lol.
Why did you go with a smaller turbo? The 5758 will work great on a street car certainly...but you stepped down from a 62mm wheel to a 57mm.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xenocron
Why did you go with a smaller turbo? The 5758 will work great on a street car certainly...but you stepped down from a 62mm wheel to a 57mm.
yesss so many people have asked this question to me as well but if you think about it will be worth it and even more when i am on e85.

the spool time of the garret unit was just way too long i was running boost by gear but even at 5,5k in 3rd i was only at 10 lbs and at redline (8,6) i was at 14 lbs
I do take a lot of this blame to my compression but that is something else ive decided to change. I just want a faster spool. Before my gt3582r JB i had a t3 57trim thats obviously spooled fast enough to leave rubber all over at just a seconds or two of acceleration witch might not be great for over all power or trapping a good 60 / 1/4m, but i still enjoyed it more then the .82 so i researched with my tuner and JDL Auto design and decided to go with the new billet series precision turbos. The BB Billet series compressor maps show a 600 rpm faster spool over the cast compressor wheels and the 5758 will not run out of breath until about 500+ hp. With the new 5758 .63a/r i would agree i am sacrificing a bit of power but i believe i will enjoy the power range a more then my previous set up.
also i am switching from my home made mini ram to a divided top mount and a 2.5 dp to a 3 '' i think i might enjoy the power band a little bit more. oh yeah its on a built b16.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:18 AM

yesss so many people have asked this question to me as well but if you think about it will be worth it and even more when i am on e85.

the spool time of the garret unit was just way too long i was running boost by gear but even at 5,5k in 3rd i was only at 10 lbs and at redline (8,6) i was at 14 lbs
I do take a lot of this blame to my compression but that is something else ive decided to change. I just want a faster spool. Before my gt3582r JB i had a t3 57trim thats obviously spooled fast enough to leave rubber all over at just a seconds or two of acceleration witch might not be great for over all power or trapping a good 60 / 1/4m, but i still enjoyed it more then the .82 so i researched with my tuner and JDL Auto design and decided to go with the new billet series precision turbos. The BB Billet series compressor maps show a 600 rpm faster spool over the cast compressor wheels and the 5758 will not run out of breath until about 500+ hp. With the new 5758 .63a/r i would agree i am sacrificing a bit of power but i believe i will enjoy the power range a more then my previous set up.
also i am switching from my home made mini ram to a divided top mount and a 2.5 dp to a 3 '' i think i might enjoy the power band a little bit more. oh yeah its on a built b16.
5500 rpms you were only making 10 psi? What cams...thats late for even that turbo. You might have some other issue going on (valve adjustment, slightly bent valve, cam gears adjusted incorrectly, etc). That thing should be making 20 psi by 5500 on even a 1.8

And where did you find a compressor map for a Precision BB Billet turbo?

And Precision doesnt make a divided housing for a 5758 so why go with the divided top mount? In my opinion, the only reason to run a top mount is to go with a 4" downpipe...you'll get better powerband out of a ramhorn non-divided.

And not criticizing, just trying to help
Old 10-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There used to be a great meet at Marcus Dairy in Danbury, CT every summer, but it looks like that's been killed. Fallnationals are next weekend at Englishtown, NJ (separate thread on this subforum). If you're going to be autocrossing, there's Motorsports NE running events at the Meadowlands; you'd avoid NYC traffic BS.

Have heard nothing but good news about Xenocron, even if he insisted on bringing a WRX to the local Honda meets we used to have here.

I should drop over sometime, now that I think of it, since I work 1 mile from the shop.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I moved to westchester ny from L.A three years ago.
I feel like an old man in the Honda scene around here and because I don't know anyone I've been struggling to find quality automotive oriented thngs to do.

Cleansi is your car a street car or track car? Depending on traffic lebanon valley might be closest to you. Just another option.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man i miss the marcus dairy meets. big turnout, not gangster and always created a deadline to get my car ready to go for the year by.

lebanon and etown are probably equidistant from newburgh. honestly etown is 1000x better of a track but ive driven there before on test n tunes to only run once or twice. at least the valley will let you get 3 or 4 in.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xenocron
5500 rpms you were only making 10 psi? What cams...thats late for even that turbo. You might have some other issue going on (valve adjustment, slightly bent valve, cam gears adjusted incorrectly, etc). That thing should be making 20 psi by 5500 on even a 1.8

And where did you find a compressor map for a Precision BB Billet turbo?

And Precision doesnt make a divided housing for a 5758 so why go with the divided top mount? In my opinion, the only reason to run a top mount is to go with a 4" downpipe...you'll get better powerband out of a ramhorn non-divided.

And not criticizing, just trying to help

thanks for the help !!!
Like i said before i take the blame on the slow spool time to my compression the head was shaved and i had to run i was a advised to run a thicker hg, so i was noobish a few years back ( as you can se has not changed much) and unstead of just trashing the head and starting over I bought the first thing i found witch happended to be a Buddyclub 2mm hg. bad choice becuase it bumped my compression way to far down 160 psi across the board. well between deployments, and working 12-14 hour days/working out ive havent had time to fix my ignorance. but ive bought a ls vtec sence took the head and sold the block had the machine shop rebuild it and do a valvejb and pp, accompainied by a oem hg arp head studs and all the essientials. its a all stock b16 head. just waitig till i get back to put the new kit together.

I wanted a topmount becuase I think they are sexy. as for the down pipe so you recomend a 4'' ? is the exducer a 3'' will that matter if it is i thought the 3 was suffiencent. its not goiing to be a DD but i would like to drive it every now and again. if you say the 4 inch is what i should go for let me know and ill contack JDL Auto Design and have it changed it sounds better any ways just need a reason lol. they still in the process of fabbing. vband too... mmmm ..

you are correct also it is non divided just checked

thank you for the imput i look foward to having your help in NY. any other opinions or thoughts im just looking for a fun track car and something i can work on with Mr. Jack D. every now and again when stress hits.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mikeymcm
I moved to westchester ny from L.A three years ago.
I feel like an old man in the Honda scene around here and because I don't know anyone I've been struggling to find quality automotive oriented thngs to do.

Cleansi is your car a street car or track car? Depending on traffic lebanon valley might be closest to you. Just another option.
its is a street car but I dont dd too much into it but i do drive it on the streets every now and again it looks alot more street then track car but i belive it will get messed with or stolen or minor wear and tear scratches if i drive it too much that what my dd is for. plus there is no way it will pass inspection good for me military is does not have to switch regristration/plates where ever we are stationed there for no inpection no tickets im reg where there is no inspection at all. but i know ill still get messed with so i keep her looking some what legit.

i do not consider my self a noob but im not a expert by any means. but when i pull up to a meet and its a bunch of 17 year old kids in rusted out ef's and dodge neons (not hating) thinking that there 15 yo swap its god i feel out place. maby we later we can go hit the track togetha and think about the rust free cars and warm weather we left.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i do not consider my self a noob but im not a expert by any means. but when i pull up to a meet and its a bunch of 17 year old kids in rusted out ef's and dodge neons (not hating) thinking that there 15 yo swap its god i feel out place. maby we later we can go hit the track togetha and think about the rust free cars and warm weather we left.
Lol I hear ya. Hit me up anytime. I'm usually home wrenching.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys at Xenocron i was surfing though your site you guys offer tuner training through one on one in-person consultation that's pretty bad ***. do the tuners usually get pissed at people when we are completely retarded like my self and start brawling? jk i am very interested in that. Ball park estimations on teaching some one how to be familiar with using s300/ tuning?/ e85 tuning. I also will be having my car tuned there obviously maybe we can make a package deal ? i am also trying to go to EFI university but doesn't seem like that will happen
Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM

hey guys at Xenocron i was surfing though your site you guys offer tuner training through one on one in-person consultation that's pretty bad ***. do the tuners usually get pissed at people when we are completely retarded like my self and start brawling? jk i am very interested in that. Ball park estimations on teaching some one how to be familiar with using s300/ tuning?/ e85 tuning. I also will be having my car tuned there obviously maybe we can make a package deal ? i am also trying to go to EFI university but doesn't seem like that will happen
Since I am now hosting and teaching the EFI 101 classes I usually suggest someone newcat this take one of these classes first to get the basics down.

Then from there if you still want a software specific one on one session we can certainly set that up...just email me
Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so im finally on my way off the ship and will be in the great us states 2moro morning thank god this det realy dragged on.

well i will be leaving right away towing my em1 right after i check out and be on my way to mass for the holidays then newburgh a little bit after. im still waiting on JDL auto design they said they are shipping my new kit now so ill be installing it when i get to mass. i need to put a oem headgasget, and install this topmount man, and precision billet beauty any takers lol.

Xenocron i look foward to seeing your shop and scheduling tune time also i will be at the first avilable class @ EFI university.(my chain of command permiting) i look foward to comming back east but its going to be a big change comming from a constant 80 to 120 degree temps from the past 5 or so years.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:12 AM

so im finally on my way off the ship and will be in the great us states 2moro morning thank god this det realy dragged on.

well i will be leaving right away towing my em1 right after i check out and be on my way to mass for the holidays then newburgh a little bit after. im still waiting on JDL auto design they said they are shipping my new kit now so ill be installing it when i get to mass. i need to put a oem headgasget, and install this topmount man, and precision billet beauty any takers lol.

Xenocron i look foward to seeing your shop and scheduling tune time also i will be at the first avilable class @ EFI university.(my chain of command permiting) i look foward to comming back east but its going to be a big change comming from a constant 80 to 120 degree temps from the past 5 or so years.
We just scheduled another class, its up on the EFI University website

www.efi101.com
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

xenocron
Old 01-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a few pics of my current set up and whats coming
Attached Images    
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so now im all comfy back in the states here in newburgh well sorta... now i see why every one here was saying newburgh was bad. when i first got here i went down the wrong road and thought i might have to get out black ops style to make out. lol.
now im just shopping around trying to find a garage in newburgh area that is secure not having any luck where i live there no garage either so she cansit in storage until i find one any one here know of any place?