Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northeast-115/)
-   -   Hurricane Sandy - Did she affect any ITR's?? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/northeast-115/hurricane-sandy-did-she-affect-any-itrs-3100127/)

DC2-ProdUcTiOnS 10-30-2012 04:43 AM

Hurricane Sandy - Did she affect any ITR's??

So I live in upstate NY and theres obv a bunch of trees down and power out all over but I woke up seeing how everywhere on the east coast NY/NJ/PA/DE especially got slammed....

Some of you ITR guys are in these areas that have been MAJORLY affected.... Did she get to any of you?? Everyone hopefully packed away safe and sound and none were lost...

Im thinking of a PY with black wheels i think that was in the bronx or lower Manhattan that ive seen pics of right outside the street side apartment garage... ugh the thought of thinking your in a garage and everything will be ok, no trees or branches hitting her, then you unexpectedly get flooded and had nowhere to take her?.... :( that would be horrible....

thundernoodle 10-30-2012 05:43 AM

Re: Hurricane Sandy - Did she affect any ITR's??

Mine is wet but thats about it. Garage has no trees around it.

jdmspoonitr 10-30-2012 07:38 AM

I was thinking about this. There are only so many of those raised double decker parking spots. I assume most people would have brought their cars outside of lower manhattan to friends/family outside the affected area.

99SlammedCivic 10-30-2012 10:26 AM

I know Rboyfresh & his brother are up in NY - maybe Keith as well ... hope everyone is ok

Just a n00b 10-30-2012 12:47 PM

I should hope not.

R boy fresh 10-30-2012 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 99SlammedCivic (Post 48049516)
I know Rboyfresh & his brother are up in NY - maybe Keith as well ... hope everyone is ok

THanks Hish all is well, We good ,The R's are good thank god for blessing us both w/a nicely sealed enclosed garage for many reasons. Little loss of power at home but nothing crazy besides I won't be seeing the wife and kids much for a while. My company alone has around 800,000 people and climbing out of power that we have to restore ASAP..

Originally Posted by Just a n00b (Post 48050238)
I should hope not.

Tom, Jersey got hit pretty bad everyone good on your side ? (Phone broke loss your #)

bryantran84 10-30-2012 01:58 PM

For the the east coast NY/NJ/PA/DE i hope u guys doing well after the storm and all ur Type R is ok nothing major or damages etc...

itrSteez 10-30-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 99SlammedCivic (Post 48049516)

Keith in LI is AOK.

Keilani 10-30-2012 02:52 PM

I was thinking this aswell, hope everyone is safe.

justincredible1 10-30-2012 02:57 PM

I live in upstate NY and it wasn't that bad here, in fact I didn't even lose power. The people in NJ and the NY metro area I hope it's a quick turnaround. The pictures that I have seen of the damage is very sad.

R boy fresh 10-30-2012 04:05 PM

I'm in the mix of it all right now actually working right by the pic in this link w/ the pier under water in Long Island city... http://imgur.com/a/d1Z2f#0 seen a lot of property and cars damaged and destroyed. Thanks god not too many life's were lost ,very sad for the ones we lost tho.

rino924 10-30-2012 04:25 PM

those pics are crazy man

10sec4door 10-30-2012 05:13 PM

Thank god my area wasn't hit too bad lost power for like 4 hours. R sleeps in the garage. I actually was able to park the tsx at the house
next door in a house that is unoccupied I parked it in their garage

Just a n00b 10-30-2012 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by R boy fresh (Post 48050519)
Tom, Jersey got hit pretty bad everyone good on your side ? (Phone broke loss your #)

Family is without power, but otherwise fine.

I had to be relocated from my dorm to my university center due to no power or water. This is my home for the next few days:

Attachment 534540

How are things in Brooklyn? I heard they weren't as bad as Queens (those fires...) or Manhattan (blackout and no running water and flooded subways.)

untitled001 10-30-2012 08:40 PM

Mine is safe, but I live in cali. lol But For realz I hope you guys on the east coast are safe and keeping the cars safe.

robotnix88crx 10-30-2012 08:55 PM

That sucks.

10sec4door 10-31-2012 04:15 AM

Feels so good to see the sun out.

DC2-ProdUcTiOnS 10-31-2012 04:46 AM

Glad to hear you guys are ok along with the R's...

:thumbup::thumbup:

Justin you in the 845? I lost power overnight on my road, but other than a shit load of leaves, and some downed branches it wasnt too bad...

R boy fresh 10-31-2012 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Just a n00b (Post 48052061)
Family is without power, but otherwise fine.

I had to be relocated from my dorm to my university center due to no power or water. This is my home for the next few days:

https://i.imgur.com/ksnqL.jpg

How are things in Brooklyn? I heard they weren't as bad as Queens (those fires...) or Manhattan (blackout and no running water and flooded subways.)

Glad to here at least everyone is Ok most importantly..Brooklyn wasn't to bad besides trees down,loss of power in certain areas and fluddin in areas like Canarsie which was built over a swamp and fluds regularly.. The positive way of thinking about it is it definitely could have been worse, if the storm was to make a U-turn and come back as speculated it would have been 10x worse it actually was a good thing it picked up speed as well else it would have been a lot more damage.

kyosoeg6 10-31-2012 08:07 AM

i hope everybodys ok , not just R owners. the east coast damage is affecting the whole united states some how some way.

justincredible1 10-31-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS (Post 48052887)
Glad to hear you guys are ok along with the R's...

:thumbup::thumbup:

Justin you in the 845? I lost power overnight on my road, but other than a shit load of leaves, and some downed branches it wasnt too bad...

Yes I am in the 845.

SpoonREVS 11-03-2012 02:25 PM

I still have no light :( and both of my R's are safe... I paid to park the car on a local parking garage on the 6th floor there brother M3 is also safe..