Notices
Motorcycles Motorcycles and motorcycle parts for sale

FS: Nice '91 Suzuki GS500E - Olive Drab Paint, Mechanically Sound, etc.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default FS: Nice '91 Suzuki GS500E - Olive Drab Paint, Mechanically Sound, etc.

Part two of my "let's have a baby and sell our toys" sale is my wife's 1991 Suzuki GS500E. Part one seen here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2202680

For those of you unfamiliar with the GS500E it is a naked entry level sportbike by Suzuki. It has a cult following for being a versatile bike that ranges from beginner/first bike to well abalanced and highly capable track bike. Stock specs are as follows:

GS 500 E 1991
Overall Length: 2 075 mm (81.7 in)
Overall Width: 755 mm (29.7 in)
Overall Height: 1 045 mm (41.1 in)
Seat Height: 785 mm (30.9 in)
Wheelbase: 1 430 mm (56.3 in)
Ground Clearance: 155 mm (6.1 in)
Dry Weight: 169 kg (373 pounds)
Engine type: Air-cooled 487 cc inline-2, DOHC, STDCC, 4 valves. 52 hp (38 kW)/ 9.200 rpm, 41 Nm (4,2 kg-m)/ 7,500 rpm.

BIKE HAS SUPER LOW 8,800 ORIGINAL MILES ON IT!!!

It was a bluish purple with pink graphics when we bought it. The wheel were also white - it had a very "hey look at this early 90's motorcycle" look to it, which we changed immediately.

Example of how it looked stock, but imagine blue/purple and splashy pink/purple graphics on the rear plastic:

Mechanically speaking the bike runs awesome. When I bought it the choke cable was frozen and caused the bike to hesitate, so I removed it and simply allow the engine to warm up after cranking it before riding - runs perfect once warmed up.

The bike needs fork seals - literally the only NEED the bike could have, but honestly it was like this when we bought it and i never got around to replacing them. I've even got them brand new in the packs from Suzuki - will give to buyer with bike.

The bike has been lowered to accomodate my wife, who is 5'2''. It was lowered with longer "dog bones" and stock links will be included.

So now for pics. Prior to paint I replaced the gas tank with a brand new, in the box tank that I paid $400.00. I also had the inside coated to prevent any rust, which was another $100.00. The old tank was punctured from my own dumb *** after removing it, otherwise it'd have the original tank.

Not a single dent/ding in the tank - was brand new in the box!!!

Low, low original miles:

11,000 rpm baby!

F1 pipe:

New grips:

More pics/info:

Smaller signals:

VIN:

Big front brake:

Clean engine:

Great tread left on treadon Bridgestones:

Rebuilt/resealed carbs - bone dry!!!

Now for the problems/cosmetic issues.

The previous owner had a leaky battery and thus the acid ate the paint and caused corrosion. I am picky, but honestly it is in a tight area that's not majorly notciable, and I've cleaned the area numerous times with baking soda and repainted the swing arm. I intentionally took pics of the affected areas so that I'm honestly representing the bike as-is.

Battery box area - note this is not highly visible, and is mostly covered by seat/plastics. My best friend never even noticed it before until I showed him the pic. I had to literally take him out to the garage and show him where this is on the bike since it's not "in your face" or anything. I just want people to know what they'd be getting - good or bad.

Rear sets:

The other mechaical issue is that the front forks need to be resealed. Again this was like this when we bought the bike two years ago and for my wife wasn't an issue. Riders my size will notice the bumps obviously, but even still the bike rides great. I've got seals to go with the bike - the fork:

So that's it for pics.

Price is $1,700.00 - we paid more than that for the bike, and we have sunk the paint, painted wheels, rebuilt the carb, $500.00 new tank with inner sealnt, did the smaller signals, new tank, etc. etc. This is a fair price for what you're getting, and again mechanically the bike runs awesome. I may need to recharge or replace the battery prior to the sale since it's been sitting longer than my SV650, but other than that the bike is mechanically awesome. It's very fun to ride and feels very tossable.

For riders my size you can dominate this bike at it's current height or stock height, and for women or shorter/smaller riders it's perfect. Changing the dogbones/swingarm links to raise the bike back up takes less than an hour.

The price is firm, BUT if you have any negotiations I'm willing to listen. I'd prefer the buyer to see the bike before talking price as the bike is in awesome shape save for the cosmetic corrosion/etching damages and the mechanicals are great save for the fork seals.

Oh and like the SV650 cash is prefferred, but we can talk trade if you have a CLEAN EF 4-door or wagon, or even 4-door DA or DC. Obviously I can add cash if the value of your trade exceeds the $1,700.00 asking price, or you can add cash if you're trading me a rolling chassis sedan of some sort.

Thanks for looking.

Also if you buy the bike you can have your choice of one helmet, jacket, and gloves. I'm not lowering the price of the bike if you choose to not take one set of gear - I can easily sell the gear alone for $200.00 per set if need be since the helmets were $250.00/eas. jackets were $200.00/$250.00ea. etc. etc. If the gear happens to sell before the bikes (will be selling the gear in a seprate topic) the price for the bikes will remain unchanged, sorry.

Here's is the gear which will be posted in a separate topic. PLEASE NOTE ONE SET, AS IN ONE OF EACH ITEM - 1 HEMET, 1 JACKET, 1 PAIR GLOVES - WILL BE FREE IF YOU BUY THE BIKE.

I'm doing 1 set free because I'm also selling my bike. If you really want all of the gear at once we can arrainge something I suppose.

If you buy the bike you get your choice of one helmet, one jacket, and a pair of gloves. First come, first serve:

HJC Zeek helmets - they were $250.00 each new. Size medium is in good shape with a few knicks - this was my helmet. Size small is like-new and worn by my wife.

Joe Rocket gloves - $50.00 each pair when new. Size medium worn by me are well worn, but not in bad shape. Size small worn by my wife, and are like new.

Suzuki/AGV jacket worn by me - I think it's a size medium or large. I'm 6' 170lbs. and it fits well. This was a $250.00 jacket when new. In good shape, never down on it or torn/ripped ever.

Women's jacket by Power Trip. Size small. Worn by my wife, and like new. Was a $200.00 jacket when new.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: Nice '91 Suzuki GS500E - Olive Drab Paint, Mechanically Sound, etc. (B18C5-EH2)

bump for another gs500 in atlanta
Old 01-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: FS: Nice '91 Suzuki GS500E - Olive Drab Paint, Mechanically Sound, etc. (bebfsu1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bebfsu1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump for another gs500 in atlanta</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why thank you.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: FS: Nice '91 Suzuki GS500E - Olive Drab Paint, Mechanically Sound, etc. (B18C5-EH2)

Bump for warm GA weather today.