Notices
Motorcycles Motorcycles and motorcycle parts for sale

FS or FT: 08 Triumph Street Triple $7500obo or trd for your OG RHD

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 FS or FT: 08 Triumph Street Triple $6800obo or trd for your OG RHD

Has 9,436 miles, Practically brand new front & rear Dunlop tires, Brake job, & inspection at local Fayetteville, NC Triumph dealership. Has been up on bike stands for most of last year. I've started it up & ridden it weekly around the block since I've been back from deployment. Never been abused, raced, ridden in rain, or down!!

I'm the 2nd owner. Bike has a clean NC title. $6800 or best offer.

Might accept partial trade for AR/M4 Colt, Rock River, Stag Arms etc clone or Arsenal AK or Glock 17, 19, & 21 or ???

May also trade partial or full for the following: OG JDM RHD (no conversions) 90-2001 DA, DB, DC Integra XSI or Type R prefer sedan, but may do HB coupe; 92-2000 EG, EK Civic sedan with B16. Preferred titled & registered in US, but may consider non-titled (depending on condition of vehicle)

May also trade for the following with equal modifications & clean titles only (plus cash difference):
*90-2001 Acura Integra LS,GS, or GSR sedan
*92-2000 Honda Civic LX or EX sedan with DOHC swap
*89-91 Nissan 240SX coupe w/ SR20DET swap
*85-87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchback

Potential serious buyers only, no flakers, lowballers, or joyriders!! Call 910-476-2104. If I don't pick up, lv msg.

100% positive ebay feedback - cra2ypnutts
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Currently located in Fayetteville, NC. Can ship anywhere in Continental U.S. at buyer's expense

email jasonworks247@gmail.com

http://www.triumph.co.uk/sharedContent/movie/popupFLV.aspx?video=/media/Street_final1.flv&title=The%20Street%20Triple

FYI article

Words: Tor Sagen

Triumph has simply followed the successful recipe from the latest Speed Triple, Daytona 675 and Tiger 1050 and created another “must have” product. The Street Triple hits me in the gut in the same places as a much bigger capacity motorcycle.

Time stands still, I can feel the three small cylinders working together to create some sort of a crescendo way too early! How can 675cc feel like so much more, I ask myself riding both first, second and third gear into the limiter.

One of the cleverest things the modern Triumph factory did was to strip a Daytona sportsbike to create the Speed Triple. If there is one Triumph that has managed to capture people’s imaginations during the last 10 years it is the Speed Triple. So in the styling department Triumph has made the new Street Triple look as similar as possible to the great Speed Triple 1050.

Tell tales are the Daytona 675 swinging arm and lower spec front brakes. But that’s all the difference you’ll notice from a distance. The double round headlights are there, the double high stubby exhaust is there and the minimalist look is complete.

To decide on the Street Triple to be Triumph’s next big thing was an easy decision for Triumph gaining a lot of glory and sales after launching the Daytona 675. The basis for a great naked was always there in the Daytona 675. The engine produced more torque than the bland and characterless in-line fours at the same time as it went just as fast around a racetrack.

The Street Triple feels very light when I first sit on it and push it forwards and backwards with the engine humming on idle. The seat (800mm) and feel is of a taller bike than the 07 Honda Hornet 600, but the Street Triple feels just as light and nimble.

The acceleration is instant and there’s no boring wait for 10K readings on the tachometer. There seems to be drive all over the power band, but from 6.000rpm the fun really begins and the front lifts at 8 both in first and second. Not big wheelies, just a small and very satisfying power wheelie. If you want to play with the big boys the Street Triple can wheelie all day long easily by doing on-offs or using the clutch in second. It’s just a natural thing for such a motorcycle. I would have been disappointed if it didn’t.

The major two things that impress me straight away are the 675cc triple engine and the handling. First I notice that there’s no nervousness or tendencies to headshake like I have experienced on the Speed Triple. The front end on the Street Triple is rock-solid and probably mostly thanks to the Daytona 675 chassis and swinging arm I’d say. Because the best parts from the Daytona 675 has been donated directly to the Street Triple. This makes the Street Triple a seriously competent sportsbike for the roads and the occasional track-day. The Kayaba upside-down fork and rear shock keeps the Dunlop Qualifier tyres in contact with the changing tarmac all the time if you ride the Street Triple like a sportsbike. But we’re much naughtier than that and particularly on a naked streetfighter we turn into a version of Angus Young anno 1976. Street Triple easily inspires the wild in me and I enjoy riding it much more than any new 180bhp litre sportsbike.

The engine is a gem of 106bhp triple power with a claimed 69Nm to hoist wheelies with. But revving it out in first, second and third (continue to sixth if you have the space…) feels great and above 8.000rpm it’s proper sportsbike acceleration. The Street Triple has got the best of both worlds which is very difficult to achieve even with modern engine technology. Hail Triumph for having managed to keep the engine as exciting as this! The 675 is really addictive.

The claimed dry-weight is 167kg which is very light. This contributes to the great handling and ease of manoeuvring the Street Triple. The steering angle is not the best for slow car-park manoeuvres in town but that’s about the only thing that I could put my finger on. The two-pot Nissin front brakes are more than up for the job and I actually like them better than the Speed Triple radial items. The Street Triple hits me in the gut in the same places as a much bigger capacity motorcycle.

Conclusion:

Having ridden and tested both the 07 Honda CB600F Hornet, 07 Aprilia SL750 Shiver, Suzuki GSR600’s, Ducati Monsters, BMW F800’s I know pretty much what I am looking for in a motorcycle such as the Street Triple. My verdict is that Triumph has built exactly the bike that I want!

Last edited by rhdvtec; 01-16-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: lowered asking price
Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: FS or FT: 08 Triumph Street Triple $7500obo or trd for your OG RHD

does it have warranty?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love that bike. You wouldn't be interested in an 06 Busa would you?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for a speed triple.. hot bike
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 PM

bump ttt...
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 AM

end of month bump
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Beautiful bike. Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM

lowered price. This bike has to go!!