Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://honda-tech.com/forums/midwest-114/)
-   -   Where can I take a DB test (https://honda-tech.com/forums/midwest-114/where-can-i-take-db-test-2856513/)

Masho 11-01-2010 09:50 AM

Where can I take a DB test

The police pulled me and a friend over the other day for having loud exhausts. My friend has an 05 tiburon GT dual exhaust (aftermarket) and it is loud as hell. His easily drowns my exhaust out. and what sucks is, the noise from my exhaust is almost non existant, if my car makes any noise its from the engine, but not the exhaust, yes it is aftermarket, but it's very weak and it has a silencer. So the cop probly assumed all the ruckus the was coming from both of us, which it wasnt -.-

Now the thing I want to do to fight it in court is get a DB test. But where do i get one done? would it be at an emissions test place?

Help is appreciated.

jdmlove2006 11-01-2010 10:08 AM

Re: Where can I take a DB test

what state you live in..? I would just call a shop that specializes in exhaust work and ask if they can or know who does a emissions place might..but this very much fightable in court if you can prove you have a state legal exhaust system that passed you states emissions if you have them or prove its below the db's... I got pulled over by a young smart ass cop for i nothing but he didnt want to look like a jackass so he wrote me up a warning to change my exhaust and headlights...My exhaust was 100percent legal in my state but he claimed he heard me for a mile ...from where i came and where he was sitting was 2blocks i seen his car before i pulled out lol and my lights where 3k hid with no color tint which is less than most stock hid in high end cars....I went to my local garage had them look over everything and write up that i was indeed within code and brought this to them and they dropped the case

SOHC LO 11-05-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Masho (Post 43908648)
The police pulled me and a friend over the other day for having loud exhausts. My friend has an 05 tiburon GT dual exhaust (aftermarket) and it is loud as hell. His easily drowns my exhaust out. and what sucks is, the noise from my exhaust is almost non existant, if my car makes any noise its from the engine, but not the exhaust, yes it is aftermarket, but it's very weak and it has a silencer. So the cop probly assumed all the ruckus the was coming from both of us, which it wasnt -.-

Now the thing I want to do to fight it in court is get a DB test. But where do i get one done? would it be at an emissions test place?

Help is appreciated.

I got a ticket for a loud exhaust and I just never paid it. Mind you my exhaust was a rsr exmag full cat quiet as hell!:confused shrug:. Well they can go F themselves. 3 years later and no word from them? oh well. It was a non moving violation anyway so i think ill be ok :)

H22Ej1 11-05-2010 05:30 PM

in illinois any aftermarket exhaust modification is illegal

does that stop the big ass diesel trucks from putting a 6" diameter 4 ft stack in the bed? no. :P