Notices
Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Short Notice charity drive/cruise Oct 21st

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Notice charity drive/cruise Oct 21st

even though i dont own a honda anymore i still remembered u guys... here is the info...

THE DATE IS SET ! !

SUNDAY OCTOBER 21ST
Meet at Busse Woods at 8 a.m.
(enter the following on maps.google.com to find out exactly where: 42.032911,-88.027954 )

We will hit the road before 9a.m. so try not to be too late. (pm me for my cell phone # if you think you may be late I'll be the last to leave).

PLEASE EMAIL ME OR VOTE IN THE POLL OR POST IF YOU WILL MAKE IT I am going to do a press release so I'd like to see a good turnout so we don't look like a 4 car group of nuts.

Drive Details:

It is about a 2 hour drive (without getting lost) covering about 100 miles of roads in Northern Illinois.

You will be given a list of "directions" the day of the drive-some are clear some you'll need to pay attention to.

You will also get a list of clues and things to look for. A digital camera or camera phone will help with some things but isn't necessary to participate.

There are 2 prizes for first and second place, the winners will be decided by total point count. Ties will be broken by a coin flip. First place gets a navigation device that will work in any car. Second place is yet to be determined but will be announced here. (2 person non-related teams will have to fight over the prizes themselves )

Points are awarded for:
Completing the route close to the time we drove it in.
Completing the route close to the mileage we drove it in.
Points for the individual clues and look for items on the sheet.

A navigator/spotter is highly suggested post up here if you need one or want to be one.

There IS an entry fee of $10 in the form of a check made out to the Northern Illinois Food Bank. If you don't have a check bring cash. We will have donation forms the day of the event.

ENTRY FEE IS NOT MANDATORY (but it does make you eligible for the prizes and a really nice person)

Feel free to post this on other Boards. Some members of North American Motoring, Chicagoland Mini Motoring Club, MR2OC.com,NASIOC.com,Clubroadster.net,R3Vlimited.c om, E30tech.com, NOTFWD.com, NSXPrime.com have expressed interest in coming already.

more info at http://illinoiseuro.com/forum/...636.0

Modified by 96teggynonVtec at 8:57 PM 10/18/2007

Modified by 96teggynonVtec at 9:07 PM 10/18/2007

Modified by 96teggynonVtec at 9:09 PM 10/18/2007
Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Short Notice charity drive/cruise Oct 21st (96teggynonVtec)

sounds cool,