Notices
Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Import Alliance Summer meet 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Import Alliance Summer meet 2012

Wow, **** got 'real' up in hurr lol! Yes, thanks guys for getting back on topic as the caravan was my main motivation for posting. Joe, I will post the fb link on my original post and hope it can get some opinions on our route, stops, times etc....
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stretch7
Why is it your problem? If they don't like it, then that's their issue. Not yours.
You're right, and that wasn't what I was talking about. If you re-read what I said, my problem was that people all over Facebook, here, NWP, S2Ki, and local forums are complaining about the event's new location as if it were changed intentionally to iss them off, and that's not the case at all.

But the only person you were questioning about this wasn't insulting it (that I saw). You were attacking him and, if anything, insulting him by telling him to "man up."

I don't understand why you're getting so "ntensed" about this. You weren't just asking a simple question. You were questioning his manhood and asking about his vacation time and all that.
I made one comment in this thread...ONE. Show me in that comment where I told somebody to man up. I'd like you to chow me where, "Do you guys not get vacation time?" says anything at all about manning up.

The way you pose your statements can lead to misunderstandings. I'm not trying to attack you, dude. I'm just trying understand why you're getting on him for not being able to make it.
Once again, it was a one sentence question, and I didn't aim it at any one person.

So now he's turning his back on this event?
See above response... (this is getting way too repetitive)

Why would I jump on their case? It's not up to me where they hold it and if they hold it at a location that I can make, I'll go. If they don't, I won't. It's just that simple.
Good. Hope you can make it.

I'm not trying to jump down on you, man,
Really? You have a funny way of showing it.

...just trying to understand why you're upset because some people don't want to go. The ONLY comment I see in this thread (aside from some of your posts) that you could have addressed is the one made by "92teginsc." Other than that, I don't see any reason for any of the other mess.
Christ, okay, for starters:
I didn't attack anyone...and I wasn't aiming my comments at only one person, I was simply using his story as an example.

Secondly:
As I mentioned previously, this thread isn't the only place I was using examples from. Look at the Import Alliance Facebook page...the majority of the comments made within the 1st 48hrs were negative.

Either way, you don't seem to be seeing things from any other perspective than your own, and you're acting like I tried to pick a fight with your little brother, so like I said before, I'm sorry I bothered asking.

Sorry for dirtying up this thread guys...carry on.

And Stretch7, I'm really not interested in going on and on with this. I'm trying my best without the advantage of tone inflection and body gestures to neutralize this, since you can't see or hear these things from my words alone, I know that makes it more challenging. Just know that I'm 30yrs old and don't care to bicker and stir the pot with people on forums. What I can say is that I don't come to Honda-Tech much anymore because of the way people treat others on here, such as the example laid before you now. People talk about the degradation of the scene, and this kind of conversation is a big part of the problem. Look under my screen name and see how long I've been around...Honda-Tech used to be a much better place to talk to people and share the automotive world together.

I wish it could be like it used to be...
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right, man. About the on topic part, lolol. My apologies. Like I said, I do hope to make this and infect some classic-ness at this event.
Oh no mother f-er, your going! And I quote:
I myself am definitely planning on getting up there.
Dont make me hunt you down! hahaha....but seriously, dont beat me up. lol

Word on the caravan stuff nick. I think me and some of the other west side hoez are going to bdubs tonight to chit chat about the stopping points, times, and rooms. Ill let you know how it goes down.Oh and make sure on the first post when you put the fb event to remind everyone to share it and invite more people! If this turns to be the new spot for IA, I want us to be known for making up the caravan much like toyomatt84 is known for this thread:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/southeast-116/import-alliance-2011-midwest-caravan-2898902/
Old 03-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cant wait to go to my first IA meet!!!!!!! Im driving 10 hrs from New York. Ill be calling off that whole week lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmkid1989
Cant wait to go to my first IA meet!!!!!!! Im driving 10 hrs from New York. Ill be calling off that whole week lol.
thats whats up homey! Last year was our first and we drove from michigan to tn. Now we are makeing the 13hr dr...def worth it!

Which way are you taking down? Would help us to know for me and synner who are setting up meet up check points and times.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Iv never been to a meet before. Theyve all been to far away. Does anyone know if you have to pay to get in?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ntensehonda
I made one comment in this thread...ONE. Show me in that comment where I told somebody to man up. I'd like you to chow me where, "Do you guys not get vacation time?" says anything at all about manning up.
Speaking of "manning up," I will right now. I apologize to you because I went back and saw that it wasn't you that posted that. I thought it was, but I was wrong. For that, I apologize, dude.

And you were 5 years old when I modded my first car, lolol. Hope all is good here.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1997civicdxcoup
Iv never been to a meet before. Theyve all been to far away. Does anyone know if you have to pay to get in?
Yes...it's 10/person to get into IA.

Speaking of "manning up," I will right now. I apologize to you because I went back and saw that it wasn't you that posted that. I thought it was, but I was wrong. For that, I apologize, dude.

And you were 5 years old when I modded my first car, lolol. Hope all is good here.
Ok, now take your lovey Dovey to pm. Lmao!!! Hahaha just giving you guys a hard time.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by skylinedreams84
Ok, now take your lovey Dovey to pm. Lmao!!! Hahaha just giving you guys a hard time.
Kiss and make up, huh? Only behind the comfort of our PM boxes, lolol.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kiss and make up, huh? Only behind the comfort of our PM boxes, lolol.
Don't tempt synner! Rofl
Old 03-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks skylinedreams84
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Soooo, has anyone heard of any other caravans from the north?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Only one I know if is from Alabama.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Stretch7 for taking my back and being to neutral party to show others that not everyone can just get off of work whenever they would like!

For the enjoyment of the moron who was being a DB for my non-attendance to IA I asked for the weekend off and my boss immediately denied it. What a surprise, just as I posted earlier. Hope everyone enjoys IA this summer....I am extremely disappointed that I will miss it this year. I had a BLAST last year. So for anyone "on the fence" or debating about going, if you have the chance or opportunity to go then GO!!!!! You won't regret it!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What about just getting Friday off work, and leaving sunday morning? It's worth a shot lol. IA or BUST!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We have a Group talkin bout goin. just tryin to get everything together 1st, 3hrs extra.... Eh **** It, Lets Hit It! hahaha

Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ntensehonda
Only one I know if is from Alabama.
Not accepting apologies at this time? Damn, man.

I may have to check out the Alabama cruise in, though.

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
Thanks Stretch7 for taking my back and being to neutral party to show others that not everyone can just get off of work whenever they would like!
It's all good, dude.

Originally Posted by synner
What about just getting Friday off work, and leaving sunday morning? It's worth a shot lol. IA or BUST!!!
If he's 12 hours away, I don't know, man, lolol. I sure as hell wouldn't do it. If I make it, I'm towing my car only because I don't drive it over 60mph and it would take an extra hour or so to get there.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DualCamDan
We have a Group talkin bout goin. just tryin to get everything together 1st, 3hrs extra.... Eh **** It, Lets Hit It! hahaha
Thats the attitude! Make sure you guys add yourselves to the fb event(should be in the first post) and share it!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will be attending this year with 5 other cars as well, for is it is actually the same distance as Tennessee so no big deal their. Like others have stated I do hope it is on par with the last 2 years I've gone and I do hope to see more high quality builds. Not raggin on low budget cars just saying if myself, or anyone else for the matter, is drivin several hours for a car event there has to be some badass cars. That way more people are motivated to do the same for next years event. If it just turns into a ricer fest than what's the point?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This will be my first IA. coming down from Toronto,Canada with a group.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hell yea see all the way from Canada! This will be my 3rd year going Coming from Wisconsin with about 10-15 cars.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So where is everyone staying? Thats what its all about is chillin in the parking lot at tho hotel. First year i went stayed too far from the track and it was booooring! last year was a blast tho, so id like to know where most of the people are planning on staying. And would be nice to hear from some locals if there is a "high theft area" to stay away from. Cant wait to check out zmax! hoping they will have some test and tune going on.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Most hotels are in the same complex down the road. My friends and I are staying at the hampton inn. The parking lot is next to a few other hotels lots and right in the middle of the complex. There are like 10 hotels together. It should be awesome.

p.s. The complex is right on the highway
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have a address of the hotel
Old 04-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

9850 Weddington Road Extension, Concord, NC 1.5 mi W
(704) 979-5600 ‎ · www.hamptoninn.hilton.com