Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://honda-tech.com/forums/midwest-114/)
-   -   Import Alliance Summer meet 2012 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/midwest-114/import-alliance-summer-meet-2012-a-3035060/)

synner 03-08-2012 09:10 AM

Import Alliance Summer meet 2012

5 Attachment(s)
It is moved to Charlotte, NC @ zmax and is on July 28, 29.

So, who is still going? It is 3 more hours out of my way but myself and a dozen others don't care. It is THE biggest import gathering in the nation/world and last year in Nashville, it drew around 10,600 spectators and over 6000 cars. If anyone knows of any caravans down, or wants to set one up, please post it here as the more the merrier.

Here is the faceparty post we have going for our caravan for us WestSideHOEZ lol. Please help us spread the word, even if you don't plan on going. Chances are, that you have friends that would love to. So please share this link to Facebook and Like it as well. Thanks guys.

https://www.facebook.com/events/347793598597652/

Redegk24 03-08-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Import Alliance Summer meet 2012

Let us know how it is, taking this one off. To much mess with late announcement. Hop all goes will.

Jay

slowman 03-08-2012 11:59 AM

I'm kinda up in the air about this one.

19Accord97 03-08-2012 12:49 PM

12 hours away - late announcement = screw that. Judging by the comments on there FB page I doubt there will be as many cars. Especially since it isn't exactly midwest.

Thought about the Georgia one but screw that too. Im out this year.

92teginsc 03-08-2012 12:53 PM

whack if you ask me. last year was a total mess of ricers and shitboxes. 09 was the best year if you ask me. i wont be going as well.

eghatch4sale 03-08-2012 02:36 PM

Late announcement it's 141 days away .........people and there excuses WOW

eghatch4sale 03-08-2012 02:40 PM

And the majority of people crying like babies are locals ......... or not true enthusiasts just posers that are rocking there hella flush xxr wheels afraid to get a flat tire from there camber and cut up fenders

00 Blk-SI 03-08-2012 06:19 PM

^^^ someone who knows wats up finally.. ty :)
im drive 8 hours and more then happy to make the trip.. AND i have to be back at school on monday..

19Accord97 03-08-2012 07:45 PM

Last year I worked 9am-7pm on Friday (my job is an hour away from where I live). Picked up my buddy and drove through the entire night to get there at like 7am after 8+ hours of driving. I had to work another 9-7 on Monday.

That was bad enough. No way I am driving 12+ hours, ~$300 on gas if it hits $5, hotel, and food.

Its not that people don't want to go....its that some people won't have a good time if they are that exhausted and spend all that money getting there. Its an east coast meet essentially. If I could get Friday AND Monday off and had some extra cash itd be a maybe.

WeakSi 03-08-2012 08:06 PM

It's 30 minutes away from me this year... it just won't be the same. Cashville was just an awesome place to have that show.

eghatch4sale 03-09-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by 19Accord97 (Post 46996834)
Last year I worked 9am-7pm on Friday (my job is an hour away from where I live). Picked up my buddy and drove through the entire night to get there at like 7am after 8+ hours of driving. I had to work another 9-7 on Monday.

That was bad enough. No way I am driving 12+ hours, ~$300 on gas if it hits $5, hotel, and food.

Its not that people don't want to go....its that some people won't have a good time if they are that exhausted and spend all that money getting there. Its an east coast meet essentially. If I could get Friday AND Monday off and had some extra cash itd be a maybe.

Its a 140 days away pleanty of time to request off at your work and if u can't save a a few bucks in 140 days u might want to revaluate your life ........

eghatch4sale 03-09-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by WeakSi (Post 46996938)
It's 30 minutes away from me this year... it just won't be the same. Cashville was just an awesome place to have that show.

Nothing will ever be the same ......... this is a good thing it is going to open up a whole new crowd and it is at a new venue that is state of the art raceway if they add in drag racing it is going to be a whole new crowd for import alliance .......... I think it will be a good thing and will still be a great time regardless of where it is at ........

19Accord97 03-09-2012 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by eghatch4sale (Post 46998147)
Its a 140 days away pleanty of time to request off at your work and if u can't save a a few bucks in 140 days u might want to revaluate your life ........

Okay. When I go to request TWO days off i'll be sure to state that it is plenty of time because guy on Honda-Tech said so. If I had to work Monday and Friday last year why would this year be any different? Sorry, but some of us have real jobs. In terms of money, I have student loans, bills, and other fixed costs to pay for - I pay far more than the minimum to avoid interest.

It is now an East Coast meet. No thanks.

eghatch4sale 03-09-2012 06:47 AM

OK bud me and everyone that attends with me every year have REAL jobs houses girl friends wife's fiances kids and bills but we make it every year ....... along with the staff of import alliance they all have real jobs also and they have made the time to organize and will also be in attendence so ........... man up or stop making excuses

guy_from_nerk 03-09-2012 08:18 AM

Same day as Import Revolution in Maryland... For all those going to IA have a fun and safe trip and post some pics afterwards!!

19Accord97 03-09-2012 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by eghatch4sale (Post 46998660)
OK bud me and everyone that attends with me every year have REAL jobs houses girl friends wife's fiances kids and bills but we make it every year ....... along with the staff of import alliance they all have real jobs also and they have made the time to organize and will also be in attendence so ........... man up or stop making excuses

Right....its about manning up? Or not....like I said, I didn't get Friday or Monday off last year. This year won't be any different - its that simple. I'm not going to drive for 24 hours of a 48 hour weekend. Some jobs are laid back with lenient bosses. Mine is not.

Besides, people like you are not who I want to see, meet, or be with at a car meet.

ntensehonda 03-10-2012 05:35 AM

Do you guys not get vacation time?

Stretch7 03-10-2012 07:06 AM

I don't understand the people that are on here griping to the ones that don't want to go. Why are you upset over that? "Manning up?" What does that have to do with anything? So you're not a real man if you don't request a couple of days off to go to a car meet? How does that make any sense? And questioning another person's use of vacation? How is it your call what someone else does on vacation? This guy may have a family and chooses to spend that vacation time with them on family trips (which would definitely be priority).

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but some the responses here about why people don't want to go are definitely unwarranted.

I myself am definitely planning on getting up there.

WeakSi 03-10-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by eghatch4sale (Post 46998157)
Nothing will ever be the same ......... this is a good thing it is going to open up a whole new crowd and it is at a new venue that is state of the art raceway if they add in drag racing it is going to be a whole new crowd for import alliance .......... I think it will be a good thing and will still be a great time regardless of where it is at ........

True but I see Charlotte/Concord every week. I want it to be in another state or at least farther away haha. That's what made it awesome was the drive and being in a different place then what you are used to.

I will still go regardless and make the most of it I can!

skylinedreams84 03-10-2012 05:29 PM

Enough of the bitching...back on topic.

Myself as well as a number of others are making the 13hr trip from michigan. That's what we are looking forward too. I have started an fb event and am asking everyone going to join and help plan checkpoints, meet up times and caravans seeing as how it's not gonna be per planned like the Nashville caravan and meets. If you can please share and help get the ball rolling...

http://www.facebook.com/events/347793598597652/

synner 03-10-2012 08:25 PM

Joe, how are you still a noob after 7 years?!? LMAO Xceed owns joo lol. Anyway, yes, back on topic. The trip down is half the fun and on trips like these, you always meet good people. I am superorgazmopumped!!!!

ntensehonda 03-11-2012 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Stretch7 (Post 47003812)
I don't understand the people that are on here griping to the ones that don't want to go. Why are you upset over that? "Manning up?" What does that have to do with anything? So you're not a real man if you don't request a couple of days off to go to a car meet? How does that make any sense? And questioning another person's use of vacation? How is it your call what someone else does on vacation? This guy may have a family and chooses to spend that vacation time with them on family trips (which would definitely be priority).

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but some the responses here about why people don't want to go are definitely unwarranted.

I myself am definitely planning on getting up there.

My problem is people bitching about it being in another location.

I have to take vacation to go to this thing in the first place. It was already a 9hr drive for me just to get there, and now it's going to be a 16hr drive, but I'm still going to go.

Everyone is throwing such a fit over where it's at and how they can't take time off of work to go since it's not in Nashville, but I know how hard Don had to work to make this event happen at all, so I'm not going to complain about it.

I'm not here to tell people how to use their personal time, but if you take all your personal time for other things and you just can't make it, then okay, I get that, but all I hear is everyone crying about it, and saying insulting things that make it sound like Import Alliance turned its back on you when that just isn't the case.

Here you are, saying "Who are you to question peoples' decisions?", but really, the question should be "Who are you to jump my case for asking a simple question?"
I mean, here's this guy that posted before me about how he didn't get Friday or Monday off last year, and how he doubts it'll be any different this year...I was just asking "Why not? Can you not take vacation time?" Some places are more strict about vacation time...you have to ask for it and the company has to approve it. I get that. I was just trying to get the story. How come you guys that can't make it won't be able to? That's all...I didn't really think trying to be personable could be so harmful. Then I get attacked for asking...hell, I'm sorry I bothered now.

Long story short, there might be another event close to you. If you can't go, then that's unfortunate, but don't turn your back on Don and the others that make this event possible when they've worked their tails off this year to try to find venues that they can host this thing at.

AND

If you wanna jump someone's case, get a hold of the owners of Nashville Motor Speedway and find out why they wouldn't accept generous offers to hold the event there even without the use of electricity or running water. If they get 10,000 people asking them that question, they might change their minds for the next go 'round.

Just sayin'.

Stretch7 03-11-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ntensehonda (Post 47008331)
My problem is people bitching about it being in another location.

Why is it your problem? If they don't like it, then that's their issue. Not yours.

Everyone is throwing such a fit over where it's at and how they can't take time off of work to go since it's not in Nashville, but I know how hard Don had to work to make this event happen at all, so I'm not going to complain about it.

I'm not here to tell people how to use their personal time, but if you take all your personal time for other things and you just can't make it, then okay, I get that, but all I hear is everyone crying about it, and saying insulting things that make it sound like Import Alliance turned its back on you when that just isn't the case.

But the only person you were questioning about this wasn't insulting it (that I saw). You were attacking him and, if anything, insulting him by telling him to "man up."

Here you are, saying "Who are you to question peoples' decisions?", but really, the question should be "Who are you to jump my case for asking a simple question?"

I don't understand why you're getting so "ntensed" about this. You weren't just asking a simple question. You were questioning his manhood and asking about his vacation time and all that.

That's all...I didn't really think trying to be personable could be so harmful.

The way you pose your statements can lead to misunderstandings. I'm not trying to attack you, dude. I'm just trying understand why you're getting on him for not being able to make it.

If you can't go, then that's unfortunate, but don't turn your back on Don and the others that make this event possible when they've worked their tails off this year to try to find venues that they can host this thing at.

So now he's turning his back on this event?

If you wanna jump someone's case, get a hold of the owners of Nashville Motor Speedway and find out why they wouldn't accept generous offers to hold the event there even without the use of electricity or running water. If they get 10,000 people asking them that question, they might change their minds for the next go 'round.

Why would I jump on their case? It's not up to me where they hold it and if they hold it at a location that I can make, I'll go. If they don't, I won't. It's just that simple.

I'm not trying to jump down on you, man, just trying to understand why you're upset because some people don't want to go. The ONLY comment I see in this thread (aside from some of your posts) that you could have addressed is the one made by "92teginsc." Other than that, I don't see any reason for any of the other mess.

skylinedreams84 03-11-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by synner (Post 47006677)
Joe, how are you still a noob after 7 years?!? LMAO Xceed owns joo lol. Anyway, yes, back on topic. The trip down is half the fun and on trips like these, you always meet good people. I am superorgazmopumped!!!!

Cuz I only get on here whe I had the teg and for import alliance caravan info. Lol

As for stretch7 and ntense honda, kiss and make up or take it pm with your secret man love for each other. Hahaha jk. But lets get back on subject....

Big part is the Caravans and meet up time, I think we should focus on that and work together on getting these setup. Nick, should the spot we have planned on the fb event and see what others think and start throwin times around

Stretch7 03-11-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by skylinedreams84 (Post 47009500)
As for stretch7 and ntense honda, kiss and make up or take it pm with your secret man love for each other. Hahaha jk. But lets get back on subject....

You're right, man. About the on topic part, lolol. My apologies. Like I said, I do hope to make this and infect some classic-ness at this event.