Notices

1988 CRX Si, 48000 Original miles, pretty clean and Original

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 CRX Si, 48000 Original miles, pretty clean and Original

I just bought this CRX Si. It appears to have 48k original miles, it has been carfax'd and the original owner owned it until 2010 (that's 22 years). There is nothing indicating that the mileage has ever been tampered with BUT there are no promises here, we all know that changing an odometer cluster is not a difficult task. I will note that because the body has seen better days it is odd to think it would only have 48k however, the thing shifts and steers super tight and everything in the interior is bright and crisp so I have no idea...Maybe the car was just stored outside all the years...

PICS: (Honda-tech image manager is being gay) http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...36#post4125936

Vin: JHMED9 369JS006124

Car: 88 Honda CRX Si 1.6L

Interior: Black

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Pricing: I havent thought about it much, but I've decided to base the price off of condition not so much the lure of low miles. So I think that $2400 obo is very fair. These cars aren't easy to find with complete original interior and that run this well.

It is insanely good on gas, shifts amazing, suspension is smooth I have taken this thing down major highways at 80mph with no problem. Heat works great.

Pro's: Major components of this car are 100% original down to the stereo. Only thing's i have found that were replaced or removed are the hood, battery tie down, floormats and some work has been done on the rear quarterpanel. The car has a fully redone exhaust system (stock) and I have the reciept from muffler man. There are no check engine lights, funny idles, stalling, jerking, boggy'ness, etc.

Bad:

-Rust (I'm guessing it has always been a MI car and hasn't always been stored (properly) during winters. There is rust all over the body in certain spots.

-Hood has been replaced and rear quarter on driver side has been worked and painted.

-Will need a valve lash, my guess is that it has never had one. The engine makes a rotational ticking noise, like I said needs a valve lash.

-There is some overspray from the rear quarterpanel being painted on the hatch glass, taillight and surrounding areas but nothing that cant be scraped off with a razor blade or some nice cleaner.

-Other things typical of a 24 year old car, I will let the pictures describe the rest