Notices
Mid-Atlantic (Sales) VA, DC, and MD

FS: VA: 00 Civic EX Coupe, 98 B18CR swap + lots of Goodies

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: VA: 00 Civic EX Coupe, 98 B18CR swap + lots of Goodies

I have up for sale my 2000 Honda civic EX coupe. My main reason for selling is that I have simply lost interest in the car, and want to get something newer. Asking $3,500 OBO for everything, or $3,000 OBO with just one set of wheels. NO TRADES, I have a vehicle. Located in Charlottesville.

A little backstory:

The car was purchased in February 2017 as a boosted D16y8 setup. I had previously owned a 99 sedan that was my baby, but a deer totaled it and I basically took everything good off that and put it on this coupe. I ran it boosted for about 3 or 4 months, and then threw my beloved B18c type r in. I bought the car with intentions of removing the boosted setup, painting the car, and reviving it. I did almost everything except paint. THE CAR NEDS A PAINT JOB AND MINOR BODY WORK. I have included detailed pics of every scratch on the car that I find significant, because I want to be as transparent as possible. I had big plans for the car, and I’d like it to go to someone who is itching to finish the job.

Engine Mods:

- 98+ spec B18c JDM ITR with matching 4.7FD LSD trans. Have receipt of motor purchase.
- Exedy stage 1 clutch (20k+ miles, still lots of life left based on how it feels)
- ACT streetlite flywheel (12 LBS) (installed same time as clutch)
- Authentic RMF narrow header
- Greddy SP2 2.5’’ exhaust (getting old and mid resonator is going out)
- Custom CAI- Also have authentic comptech icebox intake that will probably be on the car for the buyer
- Innovative red insert motor mounts (60a)
- Walbro 450lph fuel pump (was on turbo setup, I kept it installed)
- Steel braided clutch line
- Hondata S300 V2 with custom basemap by HAmotorsports (runs very well)
- New passenger axle seal The oil is always changed every 2750-3000 miles with pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30 and OEM Honda filter. Trans has GM syncromesh friction modified in it as well. Also recently changed when passenger axle seal was done 1500 miles ago.

Suspension/Wheels:

- Progress CSII coilovers (20k+ miles) ride very well and corner very well. 450# front spring rate and 350# rear spring rate.
- Function 7 rear LCA’s
- SPC rear camber arms
- PW:JDM front and rear strut bars
- 15x7 mugen MF-10 reps wrapped in basically new Nitto Neogen tires 205/50-15 (less than 2k miles)
- 15x6.5 polished Rota JMAG with 175/65-15 Yokohama avid tires (30% tread left)
- Steel braided brake lines
- Akebono pro-act brake pads and brembo blank rotors

Interior:

- Integra GSR front seats
- Skunk 2 weighted shift ****
- Ktuned Lagrima weighted shift ****
- 96-00 EDM EK4 VTI gauge cluster (all orange with 9k rpm redline and 145mph speed)
- Trunk has no carpet but will include oem spare tire if desired- Disconnected boost gauge and disconnected a/f gauge as place holders
- Kenwood head unit with upgraded door speakers (forgot brand)

Spare parts:

I have more than I can remember, what’s listed is what I can think of off the top of my head. I will take the buyer to my storage unit and he/she can have every spare part they want for this thing.
- Acura RDX 410cc injectors, with full Ktuned adapter set to run these on B series engines
- Fuel rail, aem FPR, with -10 an line coming direct from fuel filter
- Grams performance Air/fuel ratio gauge with updated Bosch 4.9 LSU sensor BNIB (may be installed prior to purchase)
- 99-00 EDM Grille
- Ebay front lip
- Spare headlight
- New OEM cvic SI shift boot
- Used full Endyn/moroso catch can setup (was going to do pcv box delete)
- I will provide all tunes I have for this car on a USB stick
- BNIB oil pan gasket
- Spare gauge clusters, etc.

I consider everything above as the “good”, now for the bad:

- Needs paint/body work obviously
- Motor had it’s last valve adjustment about 20K miles ago, may be time for another
- The diff in the trans has had a very faint whine for almost 2 years now that you can hear around 50-60 mph. Not sure if a bearing is going bad or if it’s just a trait of the LSD. The motor/trans was never EVER launched in my possession.
- Burns .5-.75 QT of oil per oil change. That’s far cry from some other B series motors I’ve seen.
- Oil pan Gasket seeps a tiny amount of oil. Not enough to cause any issues. Was replaced almost 2 years ago, the car will come with another spare.
- Interior carpet could use a shampoo. I will clean it best I can before sale.
- Tach does not work when VTEC is hit, or when lights are on. I think it has something to do with the ELD settings in the tune. Happened on my previous civic that everything was swapped from as well.

Overall the car runs like a top, and I wouldn’t hesitate to take it anywhere. I’m willing to answer any and all questions. PM me for fastest reply.

Link to full photo album here (lots of pics): https://imgur.com/a/fW3td

Last edited by BigJ74; 10-19-2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: vehicle
Old 10-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

Default Re: FS: VA: 00 Civic EX Coupe, 98 B18CR swap + lots of Goodies

bump, price drop, come n get it!
Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

Default Re: FS: VA: 00 Civic EX Coupe, 98 B18CR swap + lots of Goodies

bump, have my new ride already. $3k takes it with your choice of wheels