Notices
Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia

Received partial grant to produce film documentary. I need candidates building project cars...read!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Received partial grant to produce film documentary. I need candidates building project cars...read!

I own a production company that produces professional wedding day videography, and have been in business working with these cars for many years now. What originally started as a private vid I was making for the Mid-Atlantic Honda Mega Meet has ballooned into this:

Recently I received a partial grant to produce a documentary for potential distribution. The documentary will highlight many aspects of building these cars, provide a contrast between builders of these cars versus those that built in the 60's, follow several builds currently underway, and make projections about where this industry will go. I will involve several business owners, and follow several projects.

What I need from private enthusiast candidates

So, where one or more of you come in, is I need several candidates, within 100 miles of Pittsburgh that would like to have their build chronicled from this point, to where it lies sometime next fall.

I'd like a diverse batch of enthusiasts that are anywhere from noob builders to seasoned guys that have several builds under their belt. You also cannot be shy to speaking in front of a camera, and must be able to convey your thoughts into words that people can understand.

The type of build doesn't matter. It can be a clean/tucked/street build, all motor drag, turbo drag, NASA road racing, SCCA, etc. The point is, it needs to be a build that has a good chance of being complete by next fall, but at THIS point is in the early stages.

What I need from current/former/prospective business owner candidates

Next, I'd like to talk to anyone that has attempted to start a business, currently runs a business, or is a former business owner. I'd like the business to have started, or currently consists of working primarily on Honda/Acura. I will travel farther for businesses, let me know where you're located.

Compensation

Lastly, I want to state that this will not be a paying position. This is an opportunity for you to be part of something that could potentially be distributed on a large scale. Additionally, if you are a functioning business owner, I can offer you sponsorship/advertising opportunites for investment capital.

This is not a pitch thread though, because my primary goal is to obtain capable candidates within my region for purposes of keeping production costs low. So, if your interested please pm me or post.

Equipment

I'm using typical documentary equipment used by news agencies, corporate video clients, commercial production companies, etc. 3ccd prosumer broadcast quality camera's, wireless mic's/audio, non-linear editing, etc.

What I will generally want to know if your interested

I'll want to hear about your project/business in detail. I may request pics of the current state of your build/operation. I'll likely want to talk to you on the phone to hear what kind of person you are, and what your disposition is. Lastly, we'll meet up and do some test shooting which may or may not be used.

If I decide to go with you specifically, then I'll return, and want pictures of progress etc. Not too complicated...just structured.

Mid-Atlantic 2009 Mega Meet inclusion

Due to the fact that I organized the first annual 2008 event, the 2008 and 2009 footage will be included in this project. So anyone attending the 2009 meet will be more involved. So anyone awaiting the 2008 footage will have to wait, because that stuff will be included in this project for release spring 2010.

Let me know if your interested by posting or pm'ing me!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good time for my new build!!!!!!!!!