Notices
Meets & Events Planning a meet-up? Got a big event coming to town? Let the community know, and plan gatherings in here.

GridLife Mid-Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GridLife Mid-Ohio

Who all is headed to Mid-Ohio this weekend for Round 1 of GridLife? I'll be out in the Accord, come say what's up if you're going to be there!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: GridLife Mid-Ohio

Interested in hearing about how the event turns out. Seem to be hearing a lot of good things about the organization.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will do. I've been attending most of their events the past couple years as a vendor, so this will be the first time driving with them. They're rolling out a new instructor program for beginners which I'll also be participating in, so I'm excited to see what all is in store for this season.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ponyboy
Interested in hearing about how the event turns out. Seem to be hearing a lot of good things about the organization.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry guys, been a long month of driving all over for different events. Mid Ohio was awesome. Super fun, and fast track. Unfortunately we spent most of the weekend in the rain.
Their new out of car instruction went well. There's definitely some adjustments, and things to work on but they have a great set of guys out there instructing. Tom O'Gorman was their lead instructor, and for those of you who don't know. Tom competes in the Pirelli World Challenge in a 17' Civic SI.

So Mid Ohio was incredibly slick in the rain, didn't leave you with much to take away as a driver. All of the turns were taken on the outside, because of the incredibly slick repaved patches on the inside of the turns. Even with a pace car on all seasons, we still had a couple offs during the wet sessions.

Here's the last dry session I had. There's a ton still that I need to learn, but I had a great time. If I marked the laps correctly, they were looking to be 2;00-2;02.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bumping this with a roll call for GridLife Midwest. This should be another amazing weekend! Who am I going to see there?!