Notices
Meets & Events Planning a meet-up? Got a big event coming to town? Let the community know, and plan gatherings in here.

Downtown Sacramento/Nor Cal Meet and Cruise, November 23rd.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downtown Sacramento/Nor Cal Meet and Cruise, November 23rd.

So, I have been wanting to do this for far too long, and now is the time to set it up. The plan is to meet in Downtown Sacramento. Hang out, eat, bull****. Then, basically cruise the downtown area. All Hondas and Acuras are welcome. All of the good meets in the area have died out (due to local PD), and it's time we started something new. The start/meet the parking lot next to the Sacramento Marina. The address is Marina View Drive, it's a stretch of road, with directional parking spaces all the way down on one side. So, when we leave for the cruise, Myself and the other starters will head out (currently my car, '98 Emerald Accord V6 Sedan, and the red '94 Prelude Si), then everyone can follow suit. The directional parking makes it so much easier. If everyone backs into a spot, it's as simple as waiting for the cars before you to just pull forward. It's a public spot, they don't close the gates (from what I've seen), and we'll be out before dark anyway. The route will be planned this week, so keep an eye open for updates. I'm open to ideas and questions. I will update as everything falls into place! If you are interested and want to be involved, feel free to drop a line here, or PM me. No matter what happens, myself and a few others will be showing up, so don't worry about that. Safe driving!

Where: Marina View Drive Sacramento, Ca Near the Sacramento Marina.

When: November 23rd, 2013 Meet starts at 4:00 P.M. Cruise starts at 7:00 P.M.

What: Meet and chill, then cruise.

Who: Hondas and Acuras.

The Route (as it stands): http://tinyurl.com/l7at7py (<--- It's planned on Google Maps, the link was just WAY too long to leave in full format.)
I'm looking for opinions on the route, I wanted to head up towards Placerville, so we could get some hill driving in. The total length is 47 miles. Considering it's the weekend before Thanksgiving, I figure the traffic on 50 is gonna suck, so I planned Green Valley instead. I've never planned a cruise before, so let me know if it's too long. We would be starting at the meet point, and ending at the In'N'Out in Placerville, for a bite to eat and to again, hang.

Drive Rules: Most importantly, BE SAFE! Know your limits, and don't try to show off or 'try something new'.

If a car in front of you puts their hazards on, it means there is a part of the road that you should slow down for (tight turn, rough road, gravel, etc.) The leaders will be initiating these lights, but it is the responsibility of everyone to ensure we have a safe and fun drive.
If the car in front of you puts on it's hazards, put on your own, so the car behind you knows as well.
If there is a car behind you that is driving faster than you, put on your passing side blinker when it is safe, so they know they can move up. NO tailgating.

After the main drive, and we arrive at In'N'Out, everyone is on their own. Feel free to hang out there and mingle, as we will too. On the descent, the leaders (Eddie[Red Prelude] and myself[Emerald Accord] will be taking a route that leads to Auburn via Salmon Falls Rd. and Route 49. This route is for the much more advanced drivers, and those who are interested may follow if they want. I do suggest taking it slow the first time, it's no joke up there.

One last time: I and those who are involved in the planning and leading of this meet and cruise are not to be held liable for anything that happens on the cruise. IF you get lost, Find the nearest freeway entrance and head up towards Placerville. You can meet us there.

I've posted on Honda-Tech, Cb7Tuner, 6thGenAccord, PreludeZone, HondaAccordForum, S2KI, CivicForums, FitFreak, and this is the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/528688343883832/

Last edited by DumbleDore!; 11-22-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Downtown Sacramento/Nor Cal Meet and Cruise, November 23rd.

I'm going
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im down. im new to norcal and im down to meet a few honda heads
Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome, guys! If you have friends that are down, just give me numbers so I can find a location proportionate. Also, if people are cool with paying parking, it'd be a lot easier to find a place. Like one of the big parking garages. If not, it's cool!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the friday night lowes meets off calvine and 99 never get broken up. cops roll through every once in a while but dont kick people out.

cruising through downtown is just asking for trouble.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood
the friday night lowes meets off calvine and 99 never get broken up. cops roll through every once in a while but dont kick people out.

Didn't say they were all shut down, cops may be more lenient down there. Up here in Roseville EVERY meet gets shut down. The idea would be start in downtown, cruise through it, then possibly up towards Eldorado Hills/Placerville. Still mapping and planning.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So we are meeting at 4 in the parking lot next to the Sacramento Marina. The address is Marina View Drive, it's a stretch of road, with directional parking spaces all the way down on one side. So, when we leave for the cruise, Myself and the other starters will head out, then everyone can follow suit. The directional parking makes it so much easier. If everyone backs into a spot, it's as simple as waiting for the cars before you to just pull forward. It's a public spot, they don't close the gates (form what I've seen), and we'll be out before dark anyway. The route will be planned this week, so keep an eye open for updates.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not interested. Not if this is the crowd, http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Saturday-night. We are planning a Honda and Acura friendly meet.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol coming from audi guys. they never show up. the people that mess things up are the domestic guys doing burnouts and donuts leaving the lot.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol coming from audi guys. they never show up. the people that mess things up are the domestic guys doing burnouts and donuts leaving the lot.
Yeah, that's what ruined the Speed Factory meet in Roseville. It was MASSIVE, but the last good one, some Chevelle started doing donuts, and the cops wouldn't leave it alone from then on. The meet was insane. There was at one point an Ariel Atom there, a couple R35s, Turbo 2013 Porsche, everything else you can think of. All on the third meet. I hate the crap given to Honda's, especially from the Audi/VW/Subaru crowd. They have done such a good job copying eachother, that the slightest amount of creativity and effort into our cars, needs to be instantly trash talked.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be out there! If someone could post an accurate address like zip code and stuff cuz I'm heading out from Reno lol
Old 10-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDMANGEL
I'll be out there! If someone could post an accurate address like zip code and stuff cuz I'm heading out from Reno lol
Marina View Drive, Sacramento, CA 95818.
Glad to hear you are coming!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright guys, we are less than a month away! Spread the word and get everyone you can on board!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE! Check original post for route info!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whoop Whoop. Anyone else interested?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump! For those who plan on attending, please check into the Facebook Event page, that way I can keep a head count in one place. The page is in the original post. Thanks, guys!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nearly a week away! Who else is getting excited?
Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The meet is tomorrow guys! We are gonna head out a bit early, as I would like to get the drive started while it's a bit light out. One last update on the original post, MAKE SURE TO READ IT!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even with the decent amount of interest, we had two CB guys show up, and that was it. I do have to say, it was massively disappointing. It ended with just us taking the advanced drive, but man was it a ton of fun. I've never driven that hard in my life. I hope everyone had a good night anyway, and hope to see more guys at the next one. I'm thinking early January! People should still have Christmas break time, right?