Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

HIDs for custom headlights.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIDs for custom headlights.

Hey guys I have a little project going on and don't know enough about HID to see if what I want will work.

Basicaly I had to make headlights for my car. For now I used a housing for hella fog lights. They make a HID version of this light as well. But for building it I got the version that takes H3 bulbs.

I have heard that someone makes a high/low HID system. If someone makes a version of this that really works and if of good quality I think I may want to modify the housing to accept this bulb.

All I see if EBAY crap and not sure where to get this and if I even should.

I can always just get the HID version of what I have now but I would like to have a high/low system.

These are the only thing that fit. I tried factory hids but they were to wide for my headlights. But I didn't get the HID version for fabrication since I figured I would damage them somehow.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (turboman)

you do know that the standard for hid capsules is to have one capsule per bulb.

just wondering how you are going to get highs from a single beam housing?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:32 PM

i dont kno what car u got but i kno for my car thay had hids that came with hi and low beams... the low beams were regular lights and the high beams are my hids.... all i ahve to do is switch from high to low its perfect to avoid cops to pull u over... the company i got it from was banbo if not u can get them from slc....
Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (bb0yxer0)

Hella Products blow
Old 06-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (chickenwing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chickenwing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you do know that the standard for hid capsules is to have one capsule per bulb.

just wondering how you are going to get highs from a single beam housing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

its called bi xenon. HIDs have low and high beam. what High beams do on HID is the cut off opens up so it lets out more light.

Bi xenon in my ek housing so yes low and high beam
Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (The Lobster)

do you have a clip on how those work? curious
Old 06-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (chickenwing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chickenwing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you have a clip on how those work? curious</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont have a picture but its very simple. My HIDS came from a FX35 the projector at least. With every HID the Projector comes with a metal shield the "cut off". with regular HIDs that shield is just there metal so you dont glare the hell out of someone. with Bi Xenons the metal shield comes in two parts. When you hit the high beam the shield gets pulled up out of the way to let more light out. shield is operated by electric.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 PM

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (The Lobster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

really clean looking install man...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (striker_18)

Really well since they are stock parts on many cars we better let them know.

Anyways yeah my project is very tight for space for headlights and these hella hid is the only thing that the housing fits. If you guys have any ideas on how I can modify the inside of the housing that would be really helpful.

I mean if it's gonna be impossible it's not a huge upset. It's for a weekend toy so who cares if I have high beams I guess.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Really well since they are stock parts on many cars we better let them know.

Anyways yeah my project is very tight for space for headlights and these hella hid is the only thing that the housing fits. If you guys have any ideas on how I can modify the inside of the housing that would be really helpful.

I mean if it's gonna be impossible it's not a huge upset. It's for a weekend toy so who cares if I have high beams I guess. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hella products do blow. That's why people use Koito or Stanley made products rather than hella/philips/osram made products. Nice try for speaking out of your *** without having background on such products though
Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (striker_18)

I haven't had a single problem from my Hella bi-xenon retrofit with Philips bulbs and ballasts in the past 5 years. The light could be better from those projectors, but that's a design issue only, not a quality issue.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 AM

Default Re: HIDs for custom headlights. (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't had a single problem from my Hella bi-xenon retrofit with Philips bulbs and ballasts in the past 5 years. The light could be better from those projectors, but that's a design issue only, not a quality issue.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ballast have a glitch which is why some were recalled.
Projectors are okay but nothing to brag about and for the price they are sold everywhere, you can get projectors that are 10 times better