Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Instument Panel/Running Light fuse issues..

Old 08-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instument Panel/Running Light fuse issues..

Hey guys, I have some questions concerning my fellow honda tech veterans..

I have a EG sedan, LX model. Earlier I went out to head to a friends house, and noticed when I tried to cut on my running lights, the fuse has popped. So I replaced it, just for it to turn around and do it again. This is the first time its done this. My question exactly, is if the switch itself could cause the problem? My headlights cut on just fine, the turn signals themselves work fine including my brake lights when I step on the pedal. It has me stumped, I don't believe its a wiring issue, all the bulbs look good etc etc. But am I missing a relay somewhere that operates specifically for those items? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Instument Panel/Running Light fuse issues..

If its popping right away when u turn on whatever its probably a ground. Most likely the wire to the lamps is open and touching metal somewhere.

Or the positive is wired and also wired into a ground. Like a Y with one end going to the right place and the other going into a ground (mistake connection).

Prob one of the wires coating is cut open or sumthing and is touching the metal chassis. U install any lamps?

Old 08-28-2016, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fishy_hondaman
If its popping right away when u turn on whatever its probably a ground. Most likely the wire to the lamps is open and touching metal somewhere.

Or the positive is wired and also wired into a ground. Like a Y with one end going to the right place and the other going into a ground (mistake connection).

Prob one of the wires coating is cut open or sumthing and is touching the metal chassis. U install any lamps?
Old 08-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up finding the problem myself and fixing it. I pulled the radio out, and found that the previous owner left a wire out and it was grounding on the metal case. Taped it up, put the correct fuse in it and Walla! Good to go.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Trial User

I have a proble my running lights don't work and I need it fixed asap running light fuse looks fine but doesn't have any current what should I do what can it be they just didn't work when I tried to turn them on????